Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Simple Thoughts. All I Got.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
Simple Thoughts. All I Got.
« on: September 23, 2018, 12:28:53 AM »
Our defense is really good. Despite everything, they held an SEC opponent to 3 points.  They held Washington to 16.  They held LSU to 22 despite horrific officiating.  We're totally good on that side of the ball.

Special teams:  Igbinoboodabinogene was awesome.  My man-love for Ryan Davis is to the point that he filed for a restraining order against me.  Carlson has all the tools.  He's technically a freshman.  He can only get better.

Offensively, we're offensive.  It starts at the O-line and we're just not very good right now.  Running backs?  Sorry to say this, but this is as bad as I've seen it in 2-3 DECADES.  Kam and Boobie are not SEC caliber running backs.  They do a couple of things well, but they're zero threat.  No break away speed.  No elusiveness.  Really....nothing.  And I'll say it for the 4th week in a row and until I'm blue in the face.  Stidham is absolutely a system QB.  If quick read #1 is not there....he's toast.  And right now, he's missing the hell out of wide open receivers. 

On top of that, our play calling is abysmal.

What it looks like 4 games in.  Great D.  Just what we expected.  Special teams are pretty damn good, minus the FG kicking.  Our offense looks like they'd be hard pressed to put 24 on Opelika High School.  Don't know how to fix it, or if it can be fixed.  We'll be 4-1 after next week.  It may feel like 1-4.        
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
Re: Simple Thoughts. All I Got.
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2018, 12:50:55 AM »
Boobie is absolutely an SEC caliber RB. He ain’t got shit for blocking and still gets yards.

I am done with Kmart though.
And Stidham now looks like SW. a damn shame.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2018, 01:04:03 AM »
Boobie is absolutely an SEC caliber RB. He ain’t got shit for blocking and still gets yards.

I am done with Kmart though.
And Stidham now looks like SW. a damn shame.
^^all of this except Kmart. I’m not done with him.

Boobie is good. Reminds me of Peyton Barber. No Cadillac top end but runs really hard. And like cctau said- with little help. This oline is below average and without a good o line, Stidham is not good. He’s not as good as I thought he was or at least he’s not so far.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2018, 01:12:10 AM »
When I say SEC caliber, I'm really focused more on what we've had at AU for sooo long.  Whitlow ain't close. Tre Mason got 1,000 yards in 2012 behind an entire team that had given up 3 games into the season.  He's a strong kid.  End of story.  No elusiveness.  Makes nobody miss.  No threat at all to break one off.  He's 215 and serviceable. 

Kam..nope.  He's a Sun Belt back at best.  Our 3rd option is 5'7".  Seriously?  In the SEC?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2018, 01:27:48 AM »
That's probably the best special teams play I've seen in a long time (minus Carlson "the Giraffe" FGs, he'll get better). This offense has no power and it starts with the big uglies, no movement at all...stalemate across the line. The RBs are good-ish (right now they're a notch below what we've had nearly every season). I'm still not sure if it's terrible plays being called, Stidham has PTSD because he knows that the Oline isn't good, or his mind has been elsewhere with the new marriage and his balls are in the wife's purse? Probably a bit of all of it.

The defense is just nasty...I love it. When Jamel Dean shot bubbled that RB on the toss sweep...I shed a tear, because it has been so long since I'd seen a ball carrier get his bell clocked like that (Junior Rosegreen's hit on Georgia receiver Reggie Brown 2004).
« Last Edit: September 23, 2018, 04:33:13 AM by The Prowler »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2018, 01:41:16 AM »
Was there and seen it. Our problem is the OL. Seen it and felt it. Stidham doesnt trust them. Boogie is the real deal, K Martin is not. The D is badazz even after being on the field so dang much. NG(short for Snaggles name for the Trussville boi) and Davis are super damn fast. Again the OL is the problem, thats it. No pass protection at all. A QB should have 3 seconds, Stidham has 1.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

djsimp

« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2018, 01:57:57 AM »
More? I got it. That was the ugliest 34-3 win Ive ever seen. NG, R Davis, The Scwartz...all super fn fast. Spell check later. 

Play calling, not Gus. I lost count on how many times Gus was walking up and down the sidelines with arms crossed pissed pf as hell about the off ass hell. Its the shit they dont show an TV. He was mad as hell. I got bets on how many games it takes before he takes back over play calling. There were countless times that the play clock was almost at zero before the call was made. A couple times it had Stidham pissed because they either had to call a TO or even 1 delay of game because of it. All happened as Auburn was moving the ball down the field but eventually stalled the drive. Thats not on Stidham, that ls on the fathead OC. There is miscommunication somewhere and Im telling you, Gus madder than two hells on the sideline. Also, more aweful penalties. The ones that the Zebras were just flag happy. O.M.G, why the hell you call a block in the back when the blockers head and right hand was on the inside of the shoulder!!!! Im telling you, that ref nealry had at least had 20k fans come out on the field for dat ass.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

djsimp

« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2018, 02:24:31 AM »
Annnd, one more thing, Dean unloaded on the #21s ass. JH went nuts.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jmar

« Reply #8 on: September 23, 2018, 03:24:49 AM »
Yawned through the first half and got out for some errands and caught a little Rod and Stan. They mentioned our best gain from scrimmage being when both guards pulled. Thought to myself we might have something here if we can pull both tackles as well. Then there were more failed dives which they pointed out was from lack of push. And then Stidham missed Schwartz because the corner yanked at him without a foul being called.

This Schwartz kid is phenomenal. Could be the most electrifying receiver in all of college football. Has really good hands which surprises me only because he is a track kid.

So here's the deal as I see it.

Whenever Schwartz is on the field, there's your first read. Watch the safety.
If Schwartz gets 8 targets, two might result in TDs and two probably interference calls setting the team up in great shape downfield.

But how do you have enough time with our porous offensive line? Make them useful in a more subversive sense.
Indulge me please.
Whenever you are overmatched or essentially outnumbered you have to make adjustments. If the defense has great speed you use that speed against it with draws, screens and delayed routes.
And since we have a defense capable of shutting teams down we really can pull this off if our play calling brain trust is willing to make a few changes. Stop trying to force a square peg in a round hole.

We need Cox back there predominately  to protect and as a safety valve, not just to be a lead blocker.
Need to employ a tight end (if we still have one)and actually use it to our advantage for a change. ie. curls, shallow crosses and drag routes.

All can be used to spring Boobie/Martin/Shivers or receiver underneath Slayton/Davis for a pass or sweep...and less touches means they take less of a beating.
That area beneath Schwartz has to be ripe for all kinds of possibilties.

I'm not saying go full-on pro style...more like multiple. We can still use motion and become more multiple by having one less wide receiver on the field using our weakness to our advantage.

We have far to much talent to be this inept on offense. And it's counterproductive to continue to run dive plays and stall out behind our own roadblocks or to have Stidham try to get what he can out of sheer frustration. 
Check out the plays and yards gained leading to a punt or field goal attempt last night. It's staggering!
Anyway-
this is what made Tulsa fun to watch when Malzahn was there. It's what Petrino used in his first stint at Louisville. It can resemble what Todd engineered at Auburn when Gus was OC.  But this...this is painful to watch.

« Last Edit: September 23, 2018, 06:52:57 AM by jmar »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #9 on: September 23, 2018, 08:52:02 AM »
That's probably the best special teams play I've seen in a long time (minus Carlson "the Giraffe" FGs, he'll get better). This offense has no power and it starts with the big uglies, no movement at all...stalemate across the line. The RBs are good-ish (right now they're a notch below what we've had nearly every season). I'm still not sure if it's terrible plays being called, Stidham has PTSD because he knows that the Oline isn't good, or his mind has been elsewhere with the new marriage and his balls are in the wife's purse? Probably a bit of all of it.

The defense is just nasty...I love it. When Jamel Dean shot bubbled that RB on the toss sweep...I shed a tear, because it has been so long since I'd seen a ball carrier get his bell clocked like that (Junior Rosegreen's hit on Georgia receiver Reggie Brown 2004).
You misspelled snot. Proof read more! Smh. Retarded caveman. 

But yeah I was actually worried he killed the guy. I like how dean plays. Remember in 1st he nearly broke his ass bone breaking up an end zone pass. He’s a big ass DB. Size of some linebackers. 6’2 213. D is ok. It seems teams are absolutely stacking the line to stop our front 4. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #10 on: September 23, 2018, 08:55:41 AM »
Was there and seen it. Our problem is the OL. Seen it and felt it. Stidham doesnt trust them. Boogie is the real deal, K Martin is not. The D is badazz even after being on the field so dang much. NG(short for Snaggles name for the Trussville boi) and Davis are super damn fast. Again the OL is the problem, thats it. No pass protection at all. A QB should have 3 seconds, Stidham has 1.

While I agree the OL has 90% - or 27/41sts in Chizad math - to do with the backs not having room to run and Stidham looking like a schizo goose, Stidham is also missing open wrs. Slayton in the end zone was inexcusable. He’s a good Qb WHEN all is perfect in protection and the running game is clicking. When those go south he’s awful. He has zero quick decision making skills. Which is a shame because he has an nfl arm otherwise. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

WiregrassTiger

« Reply #11 on: September 23, 2018, 09:25:16 AM »
Our problem is the OL.
This is 1a. Play calling 1b. Stidham not playing to his potential is 2. 

Not SEC potential? Where did this analysis come from? Bama online mag?

when was the last time Gus didn’t have a 1k rusher? Get back with me on that.

I swear, if there had been a picture of Rerun and bigger words, I would have assumed that Wes was chiming in and trying to appear that he knows football.

This would be good insight, from someome’s wife.

not sec caliber my hairy ass.

Some people definitely need some chompers removed.

SMH
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jmar

« Reply #12 on: September 23, 2018, 10:13:48 AM »
This is 1a. Play calling 1b. Stidham not playing to his potential is 2.

Not SEC potential? Where did this analysis come from? Bama online mag?

when was the last time Gus didn’t have a 1k rusher? Get back with me on that.

I swear, if there had been a picture of Rerun and bigger words, I would have assumed that Wes was chiming in and trying to appear that he knows football.

This would be good insight, from someome’s wife.

not sec caliber my hairy ass.

Some people definitely need some chompers removed.

SMH
Stidham not playing to his potential 89 7/8's % due to 1a and 1b. All QBs miss receivers but we had 4 straight possessions in the first half that resulted in 2 punts, a missed fg and a made fg... that's 15 total plays gaining a whopping 32 yards.

In the 2nd half we had three successive drives all resulting in punts for a grand total of 13 plays for 25 yards.

That's 7 total possessions for 3 pts.

The play calling wreaked of Malzahn.
Lindsey isn't fucking stupid enough to call a game that badly. If he is, he needs to go right away.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2018, 10:28:50 AM by jmar »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #13 on: September 23, 2018, 11:09:20 AM »
Simplified:

We are not good.  

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

djsimp

« Reply #14 on: September 23, 2018, 11:18:08 AM »
While I agree the OL has 90% - or 27/41sts in Chizad math - to do with the backs not having room to run and Stidham looking like a schizo goose, Stidham is also missing open wrs. Slayton in the end zone was inexcusable. He’s a good Qb WHEN all is perfect in protection and the running game is clicking. When those go south he’s awful. He has zero quick decision making skills. Which is a shame because he has an nfl arm otherwise.
First and foremost, I didnt spellcheck either. Secondly, I agree BUT the OL is bad.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

WiregrassTiger

« Reply #15 on: September 23, 2018, 01:20:13 PM »
First and foremost, I didnt spellcheck either. Secondly, I agree BUT the OL is bad.
This OL sucks the cock.

They could maybe even teach Chizad a thing or two.

Ps-
We were hopeful that gus/chip/whoever would do well with a good passer.

“He broke records with Chris todd you know.”

Yeah, whatever’s. We need a guy who can chunk it, not pass it. And can outrun most deer or run over a Hereford.

With this, we win more. But this OL is so shitty that we HAVE to put Willis in to be at our best. Stidham would be great with a decent OL. He don’t got it.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2018, 01:27:18 PM by WiregrassTiger »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

djsimp

« Reply #16 on: September 23, 2018, 11:36:21 PM »
Meanwhile, KJ is the 1st 100 yrd rusher for the Lions in 70+ games. Lets pause and reflect on that just a second.....Dayum!

I say that for ones to realize that the Lions OL is not. Damnit I miss KJ!!!!!!!
« Last Edit: September 23, 2018, 11:39:11 PM by djsimp »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #17 on: September 23, 2018, 11:39:40 PM »
Meanwhile, KJ is the 1st 100 yrd rusher for the Lions in 70+ games. Lets pause and reflect on that just a second.....Dayum!
This is why the kneelers make me want to puke. They stole the joy out of looking forward to AU players in the pros. (damn autocorrect)
« Last Edit: September 24, 2018, 10:30:30 AM by CCTAU »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #18 on: September 24, 2018, 12:08:33 AM »
This is why the knew let's make me want to puke. They stole the joy out of looking forward to AU players in the pros.
Cocaine is a helluva drug.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions