Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

All Great Things...

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
All Great Things...
« on: September 19, 2018, 10:49:11 PM »
All great things must come to an end. 

I went to my first KISS concert in 1977.  I saw the RnR Over Tour, the Alive II Tour, Dynasty, Creatures, Animalize, Hot in the Shade and others.  I often went to multiple shows on those tours. 

I attended the KISS Farewell Tour in 1996. Domination, Alive 35, Hottest Show on Earth, The Tour with Motley Crue, the 40th anniversary.  I've seen every incarnation except the tour with Vinnie (I think, there was a hazy period where I might have seen him with the band, but I can't say for sure).  

Tonight, KISS did what I never really thought they'd do.  They announced a for real final tour. 

https://www.usatoday.com/story/life/music/2018/09/19/kiss-announces-one-final-end-road-tour-many-explosions/1364597002/

I know they've said it before.  The "Farewell Tour" was 20 years ago.  This time, though, it feels real.  I really thought they'd stick it out until the 50th anniversary (2023).  But Gene promises this is the end.  He'll be 70 next year.  Paul is 66. Tommy is 58. Eric is 60.  How long could they honestly keep doing it. 

I figure they'll still do appearances, their separate vanity projects (Gene has his own band he tours with, Paul does a R&B show...).  They might keep doing the KISS cruises.  Rock & Brews. But as a touring band in makeup with the explosions and confetti?  I figure this is it. 

I wish I knew why I cared.  But I do.  I'm going to get painted up and go one last time to see the band I was willing to "steal" a car and drive two hours to see when I was just a stupid kid.  Ridicule away, but knowing I've only got one more tour to see them live feels like I'm losing a piece of me. 

« Last Edit: September 19, 2018, 10:50:55 PM by Kaos »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
Re: All Great Things...
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2018, 10:24:03 AM »
That's because Gene has been dead for the last 5 years, they just Weekend at Bernies him since then.  The body though is finally starting to smell and they figured they needed to end it.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2018, 10:42:55 AM »
Paul was also having a hard time working Gene's tongue lever and playing the guitar.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2018, 02:52:19 PM »
Whether they truly end with this tour or not, no offense but you need to start considering how many more concerts you have left as a fan.

You aren’t snags or jmar but You are no spring chicken, yourself.

Please, I beg, post pics when you paint up. I love you long time, if you will. Just this once, humor me.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com