Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Piss poor game management against Vandy.

ssgaufan

• WDE!!!
Piss poor game management against Vandy.
« on: October 06, 2008, 07:36:22 PM »
Yeah I know the horse is dead, but here are a few other things that bothered me Saturday,

Why the hell did we not kick a field goal on our first drive?  The reasons I am saying this are, we had it first and goal from the four, the fucking four, and couldn't get it in on three tries.  What the fuck made them think that if we ran the same play to the other side, that it would work?  Three points there would've been good for the teams mental state.  How  many times have we scored on the opening drive this year?

We also had a chance to kick a 51 yard field goal, but we got a delay of game penalty.  Sure 51 is a long attempt, but we all know he is capable of making that.  Piss poor game management by the head coach on this one.  Speaking of game management, how about the other delay of game penalty that we got.  Someone please tell Tubby that he can use the timeouts, because he can't save them for the next game.

The rest of the shitty performance has been discussed enough.

Also, I hope  that Tubbs isn't setting us up like Houston Nutt did Rkansas.  You know, leaving absolutely no talent behind when he bolts to another job.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Re: Piss poor game management against Vandy.
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2008, 10:13:08 PM »
Why do we never use all of the clock?  The CTF system is supposed to be a hurry-up, numerous offensive plays per-game system.  Yet we waste 30-50 seconds at the end of the first half.  Boy, wouldn't it have been nice to have that time back at the end of the game....

45 seconds left?  Ok, 3rd string WR's, you're on GO.  Wear their DB's out on three snaps, throw it deep if it looks open (not you chris) or throw it away (again, not you chris) and then take a knee to the locker room.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Come Honor Face

• Are you serious??
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2008, 11:12:17 PM »
Why do we never use all of the clock?  The CTF system is supposed to be a hurry-up, numerous offensive plays per-game system.  Yet we waste 30-50 seconds at the end of the first half.  Boy, wouldn't it have been nice to have that time back at the end of the game....

45 seconds left?  Ok, 3rd string WR's, you're on GO.  Wear their DB's out on three snaps, throw it deep if it looks open (not you chris) or throw it away (again, not you chris) and then take a knee to the locker room.

Welcome to the board,

yeah, the game was sucking pretty bad about the start of the 2nd for me.  For the most part, Vandy's fans were pretty nice.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"you'll be a winner today, pick a fight with a 4 year old"

Jumbo

• Assistant Pledge Master
  • I live on the corner of Epic & Bananas.
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2008, 02:14:07 AM »
Yeah I know the horse is dead, but here are a few other things that bothered me Saturday,

Why the hell did we not kick a field goal on our first drive?  The reasons I am saying this are, we had it first and goal from the four, the fucking four, and couldn't get it in on three tries.  What the fuck made them think that if we ran the same play to the other side, that it would work?  Three points there would've been good for the teams mental state.  How  many times have we scored on the opening drive this year?

We also had a chance to kick a 51 yard field goal, but we got a delay of game penalty.  Sure 51 is a long attempt, but we all know he is capable of making that.  Piss poor game management by the head coach on this one.  Speaking of game management, how about the other delay of game penalty that we got.  Someone please tell Tubby that he can use the timeouts, because he can't save them for the next game.

Also, I hope  that Tubbs isn't setting us up like Houston Nutt did Rkansas.  You know, leaving absolutely no talent behind when he bolts to another job.
Shitty ass game management, thats how we roll. :puke:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You'll never shine if you don't glow.

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2008, 10:48:42 AM »

I'm not sure Byrum would have made either of those. I actually agree with going for the TD on the 1 because even if you dont get it, they have horrible position.  Plus with the way we had been running the ball did you think we weren't gonna get it.  What I had a problem with was the lack of imagination (oh and Ben I love you man but you don't dive from the 5) we run 4 plays right into the heart of the line???? How about Mario on a sweep....how about we put Kodi in there for a play action bootleg.  We have absolutly no imagination.

« Last Edit: October 07, 2008, 10:52:32 AM by BK AU »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum