Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Since no one broke it down...

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
Re: Since no one broke it down...
« Reply #20 on: September 05, 2018, 12:22:59 AM »
Five takeaways after much consideration: 

1) Screw a field goal.  I now hate field goals with a passion.  Failing to convert over and over and over has bitten us in the butt numerous times.  

2) Screw the cutesy two-point play.  That idiocy breathed life into them.  And then when they forced a stupid freaking field goal on the next possession?  I correctly predicted the subsequent turtling the offense would slide into.  

3) Where was the IDGAF liveliness of the back-to-back wins over UGA and UA?  Clubbed both of them like baby seals and never relented.  I want that back.  That was fun and let the talent we have show. There was a lot of hesitancy and that 'afraid to trust the play' tentativeness that worries me against Washington.  

4) How good is Washington, really?  If they end up being a 6-6 team that's not going to look that great.  I didn't really see a whole hell of a lot from them to indicate they are anything special.  Makes it really difficult to gauge. 

5) Around the SEC:  
5a) Turnipseed Tagaboater is the greatest QB in college football history.  Just ask any Bama fan.  Yes, he looked okay against a horrible Louisville team.  Did anybody bother to notice their defensive coordinator was Brian VanFreakingGorder?  The same BrianVanFreakingGorder who led Auburn to giving up 41 to Ole Miss, 28 to La. Monroe, 28 to Miss State, 63 to A&M, 38 to UGA and 49 to UA?  The same Brian VanFreakingGorder who only lasted four games at Notre Dame as DC?  On top of that, what I saw of Toenail Tippecanoe was little more than backyard ball.  Some of the throws people were raving about, he simply hurled them without any idea at all who was there.  He may be some kind of savant, but I'm not ready to crown him. 
5b) Mississippi State racked up points on Austin F. Peabody or something.  Their fans are convinced they are at worst second in the SEC West.  Pffft. 
5c) Texas A&M punched out Northwestern Eastern State Barber school.  Champions. Pffffft. 
5d) Tennessee. Ha. 
5f) Ole Miss actually looked good. Their QB was poised, accurate and efficient. Their WRs looked solid. They laid a beating on a Texas Tech team that thought they were going to walk all over the SEC scofflaws. There's plenty of time to Ole Miss (they always do) but the Rebel Black Shark Bears looked better than I expected. 
5g) Florida. The Gators and Smuglen are BACK!  Pfffft. 
5f) LSU.  I said before the game that LSU was a lot closer to the Clemson that bitchslapped Miami 38-3 last season than they were to the Syracuses and Virginias that the Canes squeaked by a year ago.  I wasn't buying the Hurricane Hype until I saw them not look like paper mache against a team with a pulse.  I wasn't overly impressed with LSU, but I thought they played better than most expected.  They'll be a hard out in two weeks. We can't be playing cutesy football when they come in. 
5g) Hell with Georgia. Smarmy assholes.  
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

War Eagle!!!

• The Original Backwards Hat
« Reply #21 on: September 05, 2018, 08:54:16 AM »
I want to go on record with disagreeing with all takes on this thread minus the defense, Kam and the Cox pass on the two point conversion.

Not sure what y'all expected to happen, but I thought Stidham looked great, and the offense had to keep pounding it inside because our whole offense is based on that. I think the problem was Kam, not the OL. If Kerryon had been playing, Auburn wins by 20.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #22 on: September 05, 2018, 09:39:21 AM »
Five takeaways after much consideration:

1) Screw a field goal.  I now hate field goals with a passion.  Failing to convert over and over and over has bitten us in the butt numerous times. 

2) Screw the cutesy two-point play.  That idiocy breathed life into them.  And then when they forced a stupid freaking field goal on the next possession?  I correctly predicted the subsequent turtling the offense would slide into. 

3) Where was the IDGAF liveliness of the back-to-back wins over UGA and UA?  Clubbed both of them like baby seals and never relented.  I want that back.  That was fun and let the talent we have show. There was a lot of hesitancy and that 'afraid to trust the play' tentativeness that worries me against Washington. 

4) How good is Washington, really?  If they end up being a 6-6 team that's not going to look that great.  I didn't really see a whole hell of a lot from them to indicate they are anything special.  Makes it really difficult to gauge.

5) Around the SEC: 
5a) Turnipseed Tagaboater is the greatest QB in college football history.  Just ask any Bama fan.  Yes, he looked okay against a horrible Louisville team.  Did anybody bother to notice their defensive coordinator was Brian VanFreakingGorder?  The same BrianVanFreakingGorder who led Auburn to giving up 41 to Ole Miss, 28 to La. Monroe, 28 to Miss State, 63 to A&M, 38 to UGA and 49 to UA?  The same Brian VanFreakingGorder who only lasted four games at Notre Dame as DC?  On top of that, what I saw of Toenail Tippecanoe was little more than backyard ball.  Some of the throws people were raving about, he simply hurled them without any idea at all who was there.  He may be some kind of savant, but I'm not ready to crown him.
5b) Mississippi State racked up points on Austin F. Peabody or something.  Their fans are convinced they are at worst second in the SEC West.  Pffft.
5c) Texas A&M punched out Northwestern Eastern State Barber school.  Champions. Pffffft.
5d) Tennessee. Ha.
5f) Ole Miss actually looked good. Their QB was poised, accurate and efficient. Their WRs looked solid. They laid a beating on a Texas Tech team that thought they were going to walk all over the SEC scofflaws. There's plenty of time to Ole Miss (they always do) but the Rebel Black Shark Bears looked better than I expected.
5g) Florida. The Gators and Smuglen are BACK!  Pfffft.
5f) LSU.  I said before the game that LSU was a lot closer to the Clemson that bitchslapped Miami 38-3 last season than they were to the Syracuses and Virginias that the Canes squeaked by a year ago.  I wasn't buying the Hurricane Hype until I saw them not look like paper mache against a team with a pulse.  I wasn't overly impressed with LSU, but I thought they played better than most expected.  They'll be a hard out in two weeks. We can't be playing cutesy football when they come in.
5g) Hell with Georgia. Smarmy assholes. 
I strongly disagree with this.  The correct term is "Fuck Georgia".  Please be more mindful in the future.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #23 on: September 05, 2018, 09:47:28 AM »
I want to go on record with disagreeing with all takes on this thread minus the defense, Kam and the Cox pass on the two point conversion.

Not sure what y'all expected to happen, but I thought Stidham looked great, and the offense had to keep pounding it inside because our whole offense is based on that. I think the problem was Kam, not the OL. If Kerryon had been playing, Auburn wins by 20.
Yes, the 2 point conversion try was inexplicable.  Stupid to even try it.  No reason for it.  Plus, what the hell kind of play are you trying to run?  2 against 9 seems like great odds to me.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

jmar

« Reply #24 on: September 05, 2018, 10:42:59 AM »

While it's true Stidham holds the ball a bit too long at times he's also the most accurate QB Auburn has ever had.

Boobie would seem to be the answer between the tackles and Lindsey even said he would limit Kam's carries yet continued to use him on those dive plays. Are they actually showing restraint or was Whitlow a little dinged-up already?

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #25 on: September 05, 2018, 12:20:12 PM »
While it's true Stidham holds the ball a bit too long at times he's also the most accurate QB Auburn has ever had.

Boobie would seem to be the answer between the tackles and Lindsey even said he would limit Kam's carries yet continued to use him on those dive plays. Are they actually showing restraint or was Whitlow a little dinged-up already?

I'd have to guess it was more a case of bringing someone along slowly who had never had a carry in college ball. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #26 on: September 05, 2018, 02:30:51 PM »
I'd have to guess it was more a case of bringing someone along slowly who had never had a carry in college ball.
This is being pretty condescending toward jmar. 

Don’t take any shit jmar. The man is challenging your football knowledge. Knock a snot bubble in him.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

jmar

« Reply #27 on: September 05, 2018, 07:23:41 PM »

Don’t take any shit jmar. The man is challenging your football knowledge. Knock a snot bubble in him.
Snags might be partially right. 

Boobie hadn't had a college carry either but the entire team knows he has the IT factor.

We've had fast guys, some like Cadillac with breakaway speed but it's been a different type that thrives in this offense. It's in the DNA not in the star power. We'll get it right soon enough and we'll run him till he drops.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jmar

« Reply #28 on: September 06, 2018, 01:30:55 AM »

Yes he was being condescending.
But here's what we need...or something pretty close, particularly on first down.
We have all the weapons to make it work.

Rush stats:
2013 team 6.3/carry
Tre 5.7
Nick 6.2
CAP 6.7
Grant 9.8
Louis 10.4

2014 team 5.5/carry
CAP 5.3
Nick 5.2
Grant 6.1
Roc 5.0
Louis 12.2
Barber 5.4
Bray 8.2

2015 team 4.4/carry
Barber 4.3
Jovon 5.5
KJ 4.0
Roc 6.1
Truitt 4.7

2016 team 5.5/carry
Pett 5.9
KJ 4.9
Kam 7.3
Truitt 6.0
M.Miller 4.3
Stove 11.9

2017 team 4.8/carry
KJ 4.9
Pett 4.0
Kam 6.1
M.Miller 6.1
Stove 10.5
Willis 13.8
Barrett 5.6

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #29 on: September 06, 2018, 01:41:40 AM »
Yes he was being condescending.
But here's what we need...or something pretty close, particularly on first down.
We have all the weapons to make it work.

Rush stats:
2013 team 6.3/carry
Tre 5.7
Nick 6.2
CAP 6.7
Grant 9.8
Louis 10.4

2014 team 5.5/carry
CAP 5.3
Nick 5.2
Grant 6.1
Roc 5.0
Louis 12.2
Barber 5.4
Bray 8.2

2015 team 4.4/carry
Barber 4.3
Jovon 5.5
KJ 4.0
Roc 6.1
Truitt 4.7

2016 team 5.5/carry
Pett 5.9
KJ 4.9
Kam 7.3
Truitt 6.0
M.Miller 4.3
Stove 11.9

2017 team 4.8/carry
KJ 4.9
Pett 4.0
Kam 6.1
M.Miller 6.1
Stove 10.5
Willis 13.8
Barrett 5.6
I give you props on this one old man. Numbers seem pretty consistent across the board. Me thinks Boobies numbers will be closer to the high consistent numbers as those before him. Me thinks that Asa Martin will be much more of a contributor by seasons end. Kam IMO will be designated to the Jet Sweep/WR Screen guy. Somewhat to the Squirrel Chaser.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jmar

« Reply #30 on: September 06, 2018, 06:54:58 AM »
I give you props on this one old man. Numbers seem pretty consistent across the board. Me thinks Boobies numbers will be closer to the high consistent numbers as those before him. Me thinks that Asa Martin will be much more of a contributor by seasons end. Kam IMO will be designated to the Jet Sweep/WR Screen guy. Somewhat to the Squirrel Chaser.
I'm keeping an eye on RG Mike Horton.
His man, Gaines #99 just shredded him. Now this guy is probably one of the tops in his conference mind you and definitely a beast versus the run. But he single handedly flushed Stidham numerous times causing more havoc than the morons at the Kavanaugh hearing. 
Also made Driscoll look worse than he really was on runs to the right side.

Oh and Canella gets sort of entangled on throws between the hash marks or loses concentration...maybe he just doesn't care for traffic. He had three other opportunities other than that nice grab in the endzone.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #31 on: September 06, 2018, 08:38:28 AM »

Oh and Canella gets sort of entangled on throws between the hash marks or loses concentration...maybe he just doesn't care for traffic. He had three other opportunities other than that nice grab in the endzone.
I'd like to like Canella, but I just don't.  

Same with that Tory Carter idiot at LSU with the long hair who paints his entire face black before the game. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #32 on: September 06, 2018, 09:09:10 AM »
 We'll get it right soon enough and we'll run him till he drops.
This man speaks the troof
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #33 on: September 06, 2018, 09:20:01 AM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #34 on: September 06, 2018, 02:05:27 PM »

This is somewhat true. But we all know Kmart does not run in the same style as KJ. Hell, KJ from 2 years ago would not have gained many yards. The OL did not create many holes and I did not see where they stayed on their block long enough to have a KJ type runner be successful either.
The issue here is taht Boobie and Kmart are the same runners, except one is bigger. If Boobie learns patience and runs like KJ, then we will once again have two backs that complement each other. Until then, we just have two guys who quick hit the non existent hole.

Kmart is still the best runner, for now. We have to hope one of them learns a bit of patience and the OL stays on their blocks. I saw the Prince standing around with his guy one play so that his guy dropped off the block and made the tackle. Had Prince continued to push him, it would have been a big gain.

It took KJ 3 years to learn patience.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.