Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

ESPN Goes Left Again

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
ESPN Goes Left Again
« on: August 28, 2018, 05:45:44 PM »
So, Tiger Woods is pressed on his relationship with Donald Trump after his last round. He actually gives a very good answer, which is exactly the way I feel in general.  Even if I dislike a President and/or his policies, I still respect the Office.  Country comes first IMO.  But no, he didn't toe the ESPN company line.  Why? Because he's been friends and golfing buds with Trump for years, long before the Donald became Prez.  Below is Max Kellerman's response.  foxy news.  Emphasis all Tarheels.

The golf legend said over the weekend that Trump is the president of the United States and should be respected.
“You have to respect the office. No matter who is in the office, you may like, dislike personality or the politics, but we all must respect the office,” Woods said on Sunday.
Kellerman blasted Woods’ remarks, saying it was a “thoughtless statement dressed up as a thoughtful statement,” while essentially calling Woods dumb for having his own opinion.
“And it either holds in contempt the intelligence of people who hear it or else it’s just a stupid thing to say. … To say you must have respect for the office — Tiger, be clear. Are you saying that the office, therefore, confers respect onto its present temporary occupant? No. Having respect for the office means principally, in my view, is the office holder should have respect for the office,” Kellerman said.
ESPN enjoyed a few hours of positive coverage for the recent changes before Kellerman decided to dive into the political arena. Social media is now filled with users telling Kellerman to “stick to sports” and his monologue has been criticized by everyone from conservative pundits to fans who simply want to enjoy a nonpartisan sports show.
Now, as opposed to articles praising ESPN for returning to its non-political glory days, the internet is filled with headlines such as, “ESPN host can’t handle Tiger Woods saying ‘you have to respect the office’ of the presidency.”
Travis, the frequent ESPN critic who actually complimented the network earlier in the day took to Twitter to offer his thoughts.
“Sigh. Utterly predictable. Tiger Woods said he respects the office of the president & ESPN called him stupid for it,” he wrote.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
Re: ESPN Goes Left Again
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2018, 07:57:23 PM »
Cue prowler to call you, me, k or anyone else hypocrites for now liking tiger when we “hated” him two weeks ago. 

Smh. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2018, 11:03:43 PM »
Cue prowler to call you, me, k or anyone else hypocrites for now liking tiger when we “hated” him two weeks ago.

Smh.
Totally different subject here.  I've never hated Tiger.  Never been my favorite either.  Mad respect for his skillz while in his prime.  I've just always had a huge problem with the media's over the top obsession with following him to the detriment of other golfers.  Having said that...

Tiger's answer was about as generic and down the middle as you can get.  And the deranged left (Well, ESPN) jumped on it with both feet.  Do you assholes not get that 63 million people voted for Trump?  And that many or more still stand behind him 100%. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

jmar

« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2018, 11:24:56 PM »
I'm pulling for anybody that wants to make America great again. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2018, 02:12:13 AM »
Tiger Woods is now Kaos' favorite golfer ever. Funny how that works.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

chinook

« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2018, 09:10:49 AM »
Tiger Woods is now Kaos' favorite golfer ever. Funny how that works.

i'm not sure I read that anywhere.  

must do more research, i guess.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2018, 09:13:32 AM »
Looking forward to reading this book.

https://goo.gl/images/Pa7Ajb

« Last Edit: August 29, 2018, 09:47:35 AM by Godfather »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2018, 09:47:44 AM »
I got you babe
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #8 on: August 29, 2018, 10:07:44 AM »
He is only half black, you know.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #9 on: August 29, 2018, 10:14:23 AM »
He is only half black, you know.
Yeah but it's the half that matters.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #10 on: August 29, 2018, 10:53:22 AM »
Totally different subject here.  I've never hated Tiger.  Never been my favorite either.  Mad respect for his skillz while in his prime.  I've just always had a huge problem with the media's over the top obsession with following him to the detriment of other golfers.  Having said that...

Tiger's answer was about as generic and down the middle as you can get.  And the deranged left (Well, ESPN) jumped on it with both feet.  Do you assholes not get that 63 million people voted for Trump?  And that many or more still stand behind him 100%.

Didnt say we hated him. I said wait for someone to say that. And he pretty much did.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2018, 12:14:31 PM by GH2001 »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #11 on: August 29, 2018, 10:55:29 AM »
i'm not sure I read that anywhere. 

must do more research, i guess.
do better

smh
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.