Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Richardson coming home

Token

Re: Richardson coming home
« Reply #20 on: February 11, 2019, 10:02:48 PM »
When the Iron starts playing in the new proposed stadium next to the BJCC I’ll start attending.  I hope the league is successful and I hope they continue to make a living off Alabama and Auburn players. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #21 on: February 12, 2019, 09:19:13 AM »
When the Iron starts playing in the new proposed stadium next to the BJCC I’ll start attending.  I hope the league is successful and I hope they continue to make a living off Alabama and Auburn players.
Don't you need tetanus and rabies shots just to attend games at Legion field?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #22 on: February 12, 2019, 09:29:37 AM »
Don't you need tetanus and rabies shots body armour and an assault weapon just to attend games at Legion field?
fixt
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #23 on: February 12, 2019, 11:35:09 AM »
Don't you need tetanus and rabies shots body armour and an assault weapon just to attend games at Legion field?

fixt
Well, Token has no excuse then.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #24 on: February 12, 2019, 02:00:06 PM »

Fans line up at Legion Field before last Sunday's showdown between the Birmingham Iron and the Memphis Singletarys.  

In other Iron news, T-Rent Richardson is now "back" for the 112th time, eclipsing the "I'm back" record established by Rick Flair of the WWE.  

https://aaf.com/trent-richardson-regains-love-for-the-game-with-iron

In a related story, stock in Enterprise Rent-a-Car was up 11 points on the news that Richardson might stick with this team for longer than two games.  Also trading higher was T-Town Menswear as well as assorted steak and sushi restaurants in Tuscaloosa frequented by Tom Al-Betar his young, white female friends.  Stock in hair weave companies rose slightly on the news that Sevina Fatu was spotted near the Iron training camp (look it up).  

Conversely, stock in peanut butter -- the only thing Richardson ever ate before he was hired at he signed with Alabama out of Pensacola -- was down.  
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

Token

« Reply #25 on: February 12, 2019, 03:02:27 PM »
K, you loathe more than anyone I know.  The dude is a NFL washout who is making a salary measurable by an hourly rate.  He likely spent all of his NFL money with nothing to show for it.  He's left playing football in front of 15k people at the shittiest stadium in the entire state.  Even then he didn't rush for 3 yards per carry.  He's never going back to the NFL.  The ONLY thing the guy has left is being a mediocre running back in a brand new football league.  You won.  Trent lost.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #26 on: February 12, 2019, 03:07:33 PM »
K, you loathe more than anyone I know.  The dude is a NFL washout who is making a salary measurable by an hourly rate.  He likely spent all of his NFL money with nothing to show for it.  He's left playing football in front of 15k people at the shittiest stadium in the entire state.  Even then he didn't rush for 3 yards per carry.  He's never going back to the NFL.  The ONLY thing the guy has left is being a mediocre running back in a brand new football league.  You won.  Trent lost.
Image result for I won memes
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #27 on: February 12, 2019, 03:34:25 PM »
I don't really loathe, I just don't let it go.  I didn't like Richardson coming out of Pensacola. The peanut butter sandwich stories stuck in my craw and I've held on to that since. I didn't like the blatantly obvious and unpunished extra benefits when he was at Bama. (Not his fault but) I'm sick to f$(*%&@ death of the knobslobbing al.com has done over every worthless move this barely literate cretin has made.  Hope he enjoyed all those free rental cars, meals on T-Town Tom's tab, PED's, look-the-other-way-at-domestic-violence freebies and the housesitting jobs. 

The only thing that could make this better would be if Ingram was there too and the pair combined for a total of 18 yards on the season.  

Where's the Tylenol?  
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #28 on: February 12, 2019, 10:48:55 PM »
Kaos fixed the newel post
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #29 on: February 16, 2019, 05:05:11 PM »
Bedridden with flu.  Watched some of today’s game.  

That is one of the most wretched excuses for football I’ve ever seen.  
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #30 on: February 16, 2019, 05:14:56 PM »
I tuned in at the end of the third.  I saw an exciting comeback victory and a tough defensive stand.

But the game stats were pedestrian...at best.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #31 on: February 17, 2019, 02:29:13 PM »
I tuned in at the end of the third.  I saw an exciting comeback victory and a tough defensive stand.

But the game stats were pedestrian...at best.
Flu, so I dozed off during the third when it was 9-0.  Woke back up when some penalty gave the Steamers (or whatever) a second chance to butcher a potential tying field goal late in the fourth.  

The whole production just seemed second rate.  Announcers, studio (the one girl was hideous), production,camera work.  Maybe it will grow into something. 

Al.com still hyping T-rent but 20 carries for 40 yards and no burst isn’t gonna move anybody’s needle.  Hand me the ball 20 times and I can get 40
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #32 on: February 17, 2019, 09:25:02 PM »
I like you bro, but ima call bullshit on dat’un!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

wesfau2

« Reply #33 on: February 19, 2019, 10:01:02 AM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #34 on: February 19, 2019, 10:03:38 AM »
This is a bad look:

https://twitter.com/sportingnews/status/1097752181304844293
You don't make much money when you have to give away 15,000 tickets a week to have a crowd of 17,000.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #35 on: February 19, 2019, 07:49:40 PM »
The XFL is coming back next year, so the AAF better get their finances in order now or it'll likely not be around much longer.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

wesfau2

« Reply #36 on: February 20, 2019, 12:02:23 AM »
The XFL is coming back next year, so the AAF better get their finances in order now or it'll likely not be around much longer.
I'm not sure that the XFL is a true competitor to the AAF.

What I mean is that they are both, ostensibly, B-grade professional leagues with rosters sprinkled with NFL washouts and hopefuls.

I think (or at least I thought before the paychecks bounced) that the AAF has the implicit support of the NFL as a place for the spread/scramble QBs to learn to sit in the pocket and throw.  There is a dearth of that coaching in the collegiate ranks and the pros are tired of throwing $40MM at a guy who will get smashed to a pulp by his fourth game as he continually tries to make the corner against NFL DBs.

I think (again...naked speculation) that the XFL will have trouble distancing itself, if it even wants to, from its prior iteration.  I don't think either position is a winner for them.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #37 on: February 20, 2019, 05:34:12 AM »
I'm not sure that the XFL is a true competitor to the AAF.

What I mean is that they are both, ostensibly, B-grade professional leagues with rosters sprinkled with NFL washouts and hopefuls.

I think (or at least I thought before the paychecks bounced) that the AAF has the implicit support of the NFL as a place for the spread/scramble QBs to learn to sit in the pocket and throw.  There is a dearth of that coaching in the collegiate ranks and the pros are tired of throwing $40MM at a guy who will get smashed to a pulp by his fourth game as he continually tries to make the corner against NFL DBs.

I think (again...naked speculation) that the XFL will have trouble distancing itself, if it even wants to, from its prior iteration.  I don't think either position is a winner for them.
I wouldn't doubt it that the AAF could become a farm league to the NFL. The QB thing would definitely help.

Birmingham Barons - Chicago White Sox
Birmingham Iron - Pittsburgh Steelers
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

wesfau2

« Reply #38 on: February 20, 2019, 10:31:07 AM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #39 on: February 20, 2019, 12:49:09 PM »
My guess neither the XFL or AAF will make it more than 2 years.  Give or take a year.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum