Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Pro Wrestlers come and gone

Re: Pro Wrestlers come and gone
« Reply #20 on: February 02, 2010, 09:26:24 PM »
And TNA is about to move permanently to monday nights.  Starting in March.  They will be live every other week, and taped in the opposite weeks.  Stupid, IMO.  If you are going live or head to head with the competition, taped shows won't get it done.  TNA also did away with the 6 sided ring recently as well.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

chinook

« Reply #21 on: July 31, 2018, 02:36:13 PM »
Lots of wrestlers cosplayed as commies during the Cold War. Nikolai Volkoff, who died over the weekend, was way closer to the real thing, and took his act far more seriously, than all the rest. He was 70 years old.

Volkoff, a WWE Hall of Famer and ring legend, was born as Josip Nikolai Peruzovic in October 1947 in Yugoslavia to a Russian mother and Croatian father. He told me in a 2004 interview that as a very large teen he was desperate to escape the oppression of his country’s Communist-ruled government, and scared that the Soviet Union would do to his people what he’d heard they did to neighboring Hungary when he was a boy. He began plotting his defection to the West. He always knew he wanted to end up in America, home of his hero Muhammad Ali, but he had to start out in the Great White North.

full article...

Vladimir's Comrade

« Last Edit: July 31, 2018, 02:38:42 PM by chinook »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #22 on: August 02, 2018, 10:29:00 AM »
They never had much drug testing in the WWEs.

I had friends back in Pville that started up a pro wrestling ring. These guys were pumped up. They competed on the undercards around the south. They tried to get me involved. I laughed. They did some stupid shit! It only lasted about five years. They finally figured out that stuff aon't fun when you got no health insurance!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

The Six

• Leaning on a broken fence b/t past & present tense
    • My Linktree
« Reply #23 on: August 13, 2018, 11:03:00 AM »
You can add Jim The Anvil Neidhart to the list. 63
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I'm sick of following my dreams...I'm just going to ask them where they are going and hook up with 'em later." - Mitch Hedberg