Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Something Different

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
Something Different
« on: August 04, 2018, 04:29:25 PM »
I'm a big UFC fan.  I think it has easily supplanted boxing as the #1 fan favorite for fighting.  But, I grew up in a couple of the "Golden Ages" of boxing.  When I was a kid, it was Muhammad Ali, Joe Frazier (Not of the tailgating fame) George Foreman, Ken Norton etc.  Boxing was king.  Nothing in sports was more hyped than a big time, heavy weight match up.  Then, in the 80's, it switched from the heavy weights to a star studded middle weight line up. 

Sugar Ray Leonard, Marvin Hagler, Thomas Hearns, Roberto Duran all had classic fights against each other.  But one fight stood out.  One round eclipsed all others.  The very first round between Hearns and Hagler still ranks in some people's minds as the greatest round ever.  Two mega-superstars going at it.  No "feeling out" process in the first round.  Two world class boxers throwing leather with bad intentions from the opening bell.  I have no doubt that AUTiger1 will at least somewhat agree with me on this fight.  Dude knows his boxing.  Kick back for 3 minutes and enjoy two bad asses going at it.  Got any favorite fights of your own?

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

jmar

Re: Something Different
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2018, 09:16:30 PM »
Lost a great deal of interest in boxing after the Leonard-Hagler fix.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Six

• Leaning on a broken fence b/t past & present tense
    • My Linktree
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2018, 10:39:31 PM »
Lost a great deal of interest in boxing after the Leonard-Hagler fix.
You mean every fight pretty much ever. It's all a work, fellas. At least pro wrestling admits that up front.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I'm sick of following my dreams...I'm just going to ask them where they are going and hook up with 'em later." - Mitch Hedberg

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2018, 11:00:49 PM »
Okay, good responses so far.  Man, the fights you guys talked about were epic.  Bananas even.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2018, 12:42:42 AM »
Remember when Rocky fought that Clubber Lang chump?  He whipped Rock’s ass. But then Rocky trained with his old nemesis, got his mojo back and took Clubber down.  

I really thought that was gonna be the end of it.  Go out on top.  

N
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2018, 03:24:18 AM »
Remember when Rocky fought that Clubber Lang chump?  He whipped Rock’s ass. But then Rocky trained with his old nemesis, got his mojo back and took Clubber down. 

I really thought that was gonna be the end of it.  Go out on top. 

N
After fighting the Russian guy, called "Witchhunt", he changed his name to Lincoln Hawk. Hawk went on to win a big rig by beating a guy, 10× his size, during a arm wrestling championship.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

jmar

« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2018, 04:18:47 AM »
Okay, good responses so far.  Man, the fights you guys talked about were epic.  Bananas even.
It's like Bamers greatest reruns on Saturday morning. Too many to choose from I tell you what.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions