Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Nom nom over

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
Re: Nom nom over
« Reply #20 on: October 15, 2018, 11:35:07 AM »
I thought the same thing. He or Neil Brown.

Do we need a defensive minded coach? Or offensive minded coach?
Yes
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #21 on: October 15, 2018, 12:40:19 PM »
It's 16 million due within 50-60 days and 16 million over the next 5-6 years.

I know that is no chump change, but think about it this way, can we afford to keep him?  The lost revenue from support could last years.  That has to be weighed.

Next year his buyout drops 5 million, what if we lost 8 million in football revenue? Is it worth it?    I don't have the money to make that call, but I guarantee you the ones that do are looking that over.

I'm just saying I wouldn't be surprised if we are looking for a new President and HC.

Correct ^^. His payouts are also prorated if he gets a job - which he will much like gene. 

Contrary to popular theory - there is no 30 million dollar check we have to write the day he is canned. 

And there are ones looking over it that DO have the coin no problem. Collectively. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #22 on: October 15, 2018, 12:47:42 PM »
Terry Bowden: Needlessly extend contract.  Gone 5 games later.  Program in the dumper.

Tommy Tuberville: Needlessly extend contract, increasing pay and buyout.  2 years later, gone and program in the dumper.

Gene Chizik: Needlessly (Questionable...he DID win a MNC) extend contract. 2 years later, gone and program in the shitter.

Gus Malzahn: Needlessly extend contract and give massive buyout.  7 games later.....

To be continued.   
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

« Reply #23 on: October 15, 2018, 01:06:18 PM »
Terry Bowden: Needlessly extend contract.  Gone 5 games later.  Program in the dumper.

Tommy Tuberville: Needlessly extend contract, increasing pay and buyout.  2 years later, gone and program in the dumper.

Gene Chizik: Needlessly (Questionable...he DID win a MNC) extend contract. 2 years later, gone and program in the shootter.

Gus Malzahn: Needlessly extend contract and give massive buyout.  7 games later.....

To be continued. 
I disagree with Tubs program in the dumpster.  He was too loyal to his BBQ Friends, and I wonder if he had allowed Franklin to come in and run this his way, if he would still be coach.

Chizik won it all, but he damn sure should have called Tubs to ask what ring size he was, because without that OL, Cam doesn't set the world on fire.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #24 on: October 15, 2018, 02:49:20 PM »
I disagree with Tubs program in the dumpster.  He was too loyal to his BBQ Friends, and I wonder if he had allowed Franklin to come in and run this his way, if he would still be coach.

Chizik won it all, but he damn sure should have called Tubs to ask what ring size he was, because without that OL, Cam doesn't set the world on fire.
Oh nay nay.  Here's why I say dumper.  He finished his last season at 5-7 with a 36-0 pasting by our arch rival.  You bring up a good point about the O-line and I agree wholeheartedly.  However, it was what he did, or didn't do in his last couple of years after that recruiting class.  Case in point, point of fact, quid pro quo, his 2008 recruiting class finished 21st.  They signed 30 guys.  I went down the list and honestly can't recall half or more of the kids on there.  I counted at least 22 players who either never contributed, left the program early or just plain never made it in.  Guys like Freddie Smooth, Raven Gray, Cameron Henderson, Ken Adams etc. 

I recall a list someone had made showing that very thing.  The number of kids he "recruited" his last 2 years who never set foot on the Planes or left early was staggering.  The 2010 team was L-L-L-L-Looooaded with senior talent.  But come 2011 and 2012, the cupboard was all but bare.  If folks remember, he and his staff stopped barn storming the Carnell Williams and Ronnie Browns of the world and relied more and more on how recruits performed at camp.  That last class did have a handful of guys who did some good things like Chris Todd, Onterrio Sideline MacAlebb, Neiko Torched and Eric Don't Beat Me Smith. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #25 on: October 15, 2018, 03:30:33 PM »
 Guys like Freddie Smooth, Raven Gray, Cameron Henderson, Ken Adams etc. 

WHO?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.