Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Jack Ryan

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
Jack Ryan
« on: September 11, 2018, 10:39:47 PM »
Alec Baldwin, Chris Pine, Harrison Ford and Ben Affleck have all taken turns playing Jack Ryan, the spy/analyst whatev created by Tom Clancy. 

Was interested in seeing John Krasinski's take on the character in a new Amazon Prime series.

It's okay.  Like Homeland sort of, but without the Carrie faces.  Production values were good, acting was ok (although Krasinski doesn't have the proper weight/intensity to carry it off).

I'm done with it, though. 

Episode 1 had to make sure they showed us that the world's #1 terrorist (or so) was created by us.  Just like The Joker in Batman we made him.  It's not his fault. 

We may be the good guys, but gosh dang it it's a moral morass. It's all our fault.  We shouldn't have bombed that village in 1983.  That terrorist was a happy little camper before we made him.

Here from Variety's review is the reason this show is WRONG. 

Here, potential terrorists don’t act out of a desire for domination or religious fervor but because they’ve been radicalized by wars in which the U.S. has played an active part......

Jack Ryan looks downright heroic in his ability to suit himself to a time in which automatic presumption that America is doing the right thing is on the decline. Krasinski’s Ryan is fueled by data and by a willingness to listen, and he has goals in mind greater and more humane than simply ensuring another American century. Asked by a French colleague how he can justify being in the service of the U.S. — itself a strikingly provocative question for a Tom Clancy adaptation — Ryan responds: “I figure it’s better to be on the inside and maybe be able to change something than be on the outside and not be able to change anything.”

No thanks.  Kiss my ass Amazon.  
« Last Edit: September 12, 2018, 09:24:14 AM by Kaos »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
Re: Jack Ryan
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2018, 10:11:31 AM »
Alec Baldwin, Chris Pine, Harrison Ford and Ben Affleck have all taken turns playing Jack Ryan, the spy/analyst whatev created by Tom Clancy. 

Was interested in seeing John Krasinski's take on the character in a new Amazon Prime series.

It's okay.  Like Homeland sort of, but without the Carrie faces.  Production values were good, acting was ok (although Krasinski doesn't have the proper weight/intensity to carry it off).

I'm done with it, though. 

Episode 1 had to make sure they showed us that the world's #1 terrorist (or so) was created by us.  Just like The Joker in Batman we made him.  It's not his fault. 

We may be the good guys, but gosh dang it it's a moral morass. It's all our fault.  We shouldn't have bombed that village in 1983.  That terrorist was a happy little camper before we made him.

Here from Variety's review is the reason this show is WRONG.

Here, potential terrorists don’t act out of a desire for domination or religious fervor but because they’ve been radicalized by wars in which the U.S. has played an active part......

Jack Ryan looks downright heroic in his ability to suit himself to a time in which automatic presumption that America is doing the right thing is on the decline. Krasinski’s Ryan is fueled by data and by a willingness to listen, and he has goals in mind greater and more humane than simply ensuring another American century. Asked by a French colleague how he can justify being in the service of the U.S. — itself a strikingly provocative question for a Tom Clancy adaptation — Ryan responds: “I figure it’s better to be on the inside and maybe be able to change something than be on the outside and not be able to change anything.”

No thanks.  Kiss my ass Amazon. 
I cut the cord a month ago. Have free amazon WiFi. 

Granted, our tastes are different. And you are smarter than I am. But, you like some gay stuff you have to admit. 

I like amazon tv. I get it free. Snags credit was not good enough for the free but I suggested it to him. I used to get hbo and got hooked on curb your enthusiasm. I love seeing it and all of the science shows about Bigfoot.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com