Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Ok, I'm just going to go ahead and lay it out there

Re: Ok, I'm just going to go ahead and lay it out there
« Reply #20 on: October 05, 2008, 01:23:46 PM »
Hey, I have noticed the talent quotes as well and wondered how in the fuck troy has ammassed so much greater talent than AU.

Tubs needs to keep his fucking nose out of the offense. He is completely clueless there but occassionally finds a nut when hiring oc's. I'm thinking he uses his bestus buddies on the  offensive staff to keep an eye on things. Every coach on the O staff needs to fear the oc and his ability to control their fate as coaches. I don't think AU has that and I think that his buds there know they can get away with murder and keep their jobs.

Tubs needs to meddle with the d, which he knows, and admit that he needs to treat the offense as though he is a vampire and it is garlic.

It's Tuberville's JOB to be "meddling" if and when after the first couple games, and games that matter, not scrimmages, the offense doesn't seem to be taking and there is a feeling of dissent in the team atmosphere.   If he DIDN'T "meddle" and just let it continue to fail (and the play calling suggests that it would), we'd be worse than we are.   CTT is the big dick on campus and if shit isn't getting done, he better get involved or get the fuck out himself.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #21 on: October 05, 2008, 01:35:02 PM »
It's Tuberville's JOB to be "meddling" if and when after the first couple games, and games that matter, not scrimmages, the offense doesn't seem to be taking and there is a feeling of dissent in the team atmosphere.   If he DIDN'T "meddle" and just let it continue to fail (and the play calling suggests that it would), we'd be worse than we are.   CTT is the big dick on campus and if shit isn't getting done, he better get involved or get the fuck out himself.

I disagree. He is a great recruiter and defensive coach and has done great things. The offense clearly isnt hisstrong suit.

It was a bit over the top to say he shouldnt meddle at all, but it is clear that when it gets to the point that his meddling is needed we are already freaked.

He needs to hire oc's with the help of a good recruiting service and have input from those who can help him.

When our o is good we rock! It rarely is. I don't think tubs needs to go but I think he needs massive help on the offensive end of things
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #22 on: October 05, 2008, 02:06:51 PM »
I disagree. He is a great recruiter and defensive coach and has done great things. The offense clearly isnt hisstrong suit.

It was a bit over the top to say he shouldnt meddle at all, but it is clear that when it gets to the point that his meddling is needed we are already freaked.

He needs to hire oc's with the help of a good recruiting service and have input from those who can help him.

When our o is good we rock! It rarely is. I don't think tubs needs to go but I think he needs massive help on the offensive end of things

I hear what you're trying to say 88, but I think even a coach a notch above "football ignorant" could see that CTF's offense is not working out, and CTF himself isn't recognizing it.   If CTF's offense showed diversity and play calling that gained the confidence of the players, that it could adapt to a games particular defensive challenge, perhaps your statement would hold water with me.   However, the offense has sputtered against all defenses we've thrown it up against, and there have been no significant changes or adjustments through 5 games with the exception of the few things supposedly CTT is "forcing" him to do.  In fact, what's worse, when we've gone away from CTF's offense early and shown success, we've actually adjusted to a failed stance in offense.  That flies in the face of all common sense.

It's a debacle, and one where the head coach needs to take the reigns and make a leadership decision.

We shall see what happens.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #23 on: October 05, 2008, 02:21:07 PM »
I can see why he hasn't done anything radical to this point(before the vandy game). I don't see how he can keep franklin here now. If we aren't going to run his offense we simply have no use for him. He is like a zit right in the middle of Auburns nose at the moment.

I feel for the guy, and it may not be all or even mostly his fault, but he needs to go.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #24 on: October 05, 2008, 02:39:39 PM »
From a lot of the accounts I'm hearing, Auburn is not running CTF's system. They are running something that does not look like anything anyone knows, except it ain't fooling nobody. And if this is the case, Todd is doing great. I can't see any QB actually understanding something that is not the "norm." KB does not get it. Todd is being asked to do more than he is capable. And the OL looks like shit. I finally watched the replay(my 11 yr old played at 7:00) last night and the scoring drives looked good. Then it all went to shit. I don't think I've seen such a porous line in years. On one play 71 did not have anyone to block, so he looked out just as the LB went "right" past him for the sack.

For a couple of years we blamed Borges for being benign. Maybe the offensive problem did not leave with Borges. Maybe it stayed behind with Tubs?

But I think if Tubs gets rid of CTF, the first thing you'll hear is the truth behind this mess. And not from Tubs. Franklin's system worked at UK and Troy against SEC opponents. And those folks who have watched it have said that they do not see Franklin's system being used at AU. Where does that put us? If Tubs fires CTF, would it not be Tubs that should go too?

I still think that if we had hired CTF and some of his guys, this offense would be explosive right now. The short passing game would eat folks alive. I do agree that Caudle should be given a shot. If he understands this crap even a little and can get the ball down field, we could have some success. We only need to get 8 out of the box and we could run our hosses.

Very confusing is the word for AU's offense right now.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2008, 02:40:24 PM by CCTAU »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

« Reply #25 on: October 05, 2008, 04:24:51 PM »
From a lot of the accounts I'm hearing, Auburn is not running CTF's system. They are running something that does not look like anything anyone knows, except it ain't fooling nobody. And if this is the case, Todd is doing great. I can't see any QB actually understanding something that is not the "norm." KB does not get it. Todd is being asked to do more than he is capable. And the OL looks like shit. I finally watched the replay(my 11 yr old played at 7:00) last night and the scoring drives looked good. Then it all went to shit. I don't think I've seen such a porous line in years. On one play 71 did not have anyone to block, so he looked out just as the LB went "right" past him for the sack.

For a couple of years we blamed Borges for being benign. Maybe the offensive problem did not leave with Borges. Maybe it stayed behind with Tubs?

But I think if Tubs gets rid of CTF, the first thing you'll hear is the truth behind this mess. And not from Tubs. Franklin's system worked at UK and Troy against SEC opponents. And those folks who have watched it have said that they do not see Franklin's system being used at AU. Where does that put us? If Tubs fires CTF, would it not be Tubs that should go too?

I still think that if we had hired CTF and some of his guys, this offense would be explosive right now. The short passing game would eat folks alive. I do agree that Caudle should be given a shot. If he understands this crap even a little and can get the ball down field, we could have some success. We only need to get 8 out of the box and we could run our hosses.

Very confusing is the word for AU's offense right now.

Agree with pretty much all of this...I think Franklin may have been put in a position where he not only had to sell the players on the new system, but the offensive position coaches as well.  If they don't have complete buy-in (and while they may say outwardly that they do, the truth may not be so simple), then the players will not be sold, either.

Tuberville's loyalty to his offensive assistants that are not coordinators is admirable, but in this case, I think it is a marriage doomed to failure and it may have been past time for some of the position coaches to go.

I just don't believe the true spread offense can be implemented successfully without an entire offensive staff that is familiar with it...ours is not and what you're seeing is a bastardized version of it that just drools on itself and pisses down its leg.

This is just one man's view, but this has been the perfect storm of underperformance and unfamiliarity.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"If you're looking for sympathy, it's in the dictionary between shit and syphilis."

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #26 on: October 05, 2008, 08:19:12 PM »
Okay, gotta' jump in here.  WTF is there to understand????  What the hell is so complicated???

People...our QBs are NOT calling plays.  They are getting them from the sidelines.  The center snaps it to the QB.  The receivers run the route they are supposed to run on that play.  The linemen block the guy in front of them.  This is football, something these guys have been playing all their lives.  This "System" has been sold and used by countless HIGH SCHOOLS. 

Here, check this out.  I talked to a guy at church this morning who graduated two years ago from high school.  Franklin came in and taught part of his "System" to their team.  Let's take that base running play from the shotgun that we all know and love.  The guy tells me this is how complicated it is.  First the QB takes the snap...then he reads the defense as the running back crosses in front of him.  If they're playing straight up, he hands the ball off.  If they flow the way the RB is going, he keeps and goes the opposite direction.  Pretty nifty...huh?  Wow, now I see why Kodi and Todd aren't grasping this.  I'm dizzy from trying to remember all the guy said.

Folks, our offense is standing up like Prarie Dogs and getting the play from the sidelines.  Run the freakin' route...you know...the one called for in that play.  Block who you are supposed to block...you know...the one called for in the play.  Now...Mr. QB...you've got the hard part.  Look at the receivers...you know where they are...and pass the ball to the one that's open. 

This newfangled spread offense is some wicked complicated shit.  Especially for guys who've been playing football all their lives. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Thrilla

• I have a touch of the consumption
« Reply #27 on: October 05, 2008, 08:46:03 PM »
Folks, our offense is standing up like Prarie Dogs and getting the play from the sidelines.  Run the freakin' route...you know...the one called for in that play.  Block who you are supposed to block...you know...the one called for in the play.  Now...Mr. QB...you've got the hard part.  Look at the receivers...you know where they are...and pass the ball to the one that's open. 

This newfangled spread offense is some wicked complicated shit.  Especially for guys who've been playing football all their lives. 

Thank you, ding ding ding, we got a winner.  Todd, Burns, and the receiving core are not meshing because they 1)lack talent, 2) are confused, and 3) are executing some of the poorest play calling we've seen in a very long time.  We need a quicker fix. 

The talent is in the backfield with our OLine leading the way (and without an offisides penalty, dammit).
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

auburnredwing

• The Resident Mexican
« Reply #28 on: October 05, 2008, 10:27:10 PM »
http://thesystemclinics.com/FranklinDocs/TF_System_Web_Pck.pdf

TONY FRANKLIN SYSTEM TEACHES EVERYTHING!
Pre-practice “30 second drills” that improve your receivers immensely
4 “noose drill” tips that guarantee success
Red zone scoring tips
How to cut the field in pieces to insure more scoring
5 pat n go techniques that guarantee a great passing game
Guarantee a touchdown every snap
Strip drills that eliminate fumbles
Practice system that emulates game day
Fast and slow screens that guarantee your opponent must stay honest
How to run the ball in the 4th quarter even when you can’t run the ball
Recruiting basketball players as receivers
Daily practice schedules made a year in advance
Coming off the goal-line with total confidence and the ability to score
How to play at a pace so fast your opponent will have trouble getting lined up
Secrets to totally neutralizing great defensive linemen
Quick game system that totally eliminates mistakes
3 change of pace gimmicks
Using 1 snap count that can drive your opponent crazy
Keys to having your quarterback read each route correctly
Why they should fire you if your not filming every practice
Game day pressure call secrets
The back-up qb plan
How and what to implement in the spring
The secret to never having a player miss an assignment again
The secret to practicing screens
Specific calls to beat cover 1,2,3,4, and 0
Defensive recognition and calls
Magic of the mesh route
When and why to tag the post off the y-cross route
How and when your receiver should stem the defender
3 simple release techniques that always work versus press
How to make a script for every decision you make
How to be a physical passing team
Why a new trick play each week
Pass protection schemes against all fronts

well this is what ctf sells why dont i see any of this at the au football games i attend?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Pell City Tiger

• Moral Highlander
« Reply #29 on: October 05, 2008, 10:44:53 PM »

100% in agreement.

You know, if our guys are so confused by this complicated shit, maybe they should huddle up instead of the Prairie Dog thing they do. Part of the success in wearing out the Clemson "D" was getting back to the LOS and snapping the damn ball - pretty much running them fat bastards until their tongues were hanging out. Now, this season, we're bumfucking around and taking the snap with 2-3 seconds left on the play clock. Huddle up and get your shit in one sock if you're not going to run rapid fire plays. One of the basic concepts of this system (TF's system) is running ~80 plays a game and wearing the defense down.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I stood up, unzipped my pants, lowered my shorts and placed my bare ass on the window. That's the last thing I wanted those people to see of me."

chinook

« Reply #30 on: October 06, 2008, 12:10:20 AM »

well this is what ctf sells why dont i see any of this at the au football games i attend?

maybe the university only bought the demo version.  kinda like teh photoshops for pc's. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Thrilla

• I have a touch of the consumption
« Reply #31 on: October 06, 2008, 08:21:50 AM »
http://thesystemclinics.com/FranklinDocs/TF_System_Web_Pck.pdf

TONY FRANKLIN SYSTEM TEACHES EVERYTHING!
Pre-practice “30 second drills” that improve your receivers immensely
4 “noose drill” tips that guarantee success
Red zone scoring tips
How to cut the field in pieces to insure more scoring
5 pat n go techniques that guarantee a great passing game
Guarantee a touchdown every snap
Strip drills that eliminate fumbles
Practice system that emulates game day
Fast and slow screens that guarantee your opponent must stay honest
How to run the ball in the 4th quarter even when you can’t run the ball
Recruiting basketball players as receivers
Daily practice schedules made a year in advance
Coming off the goal-line with total confidence and the ability to score
How to play at a pace so fast your opponent will have trouble getting lined up
Secrets to totally neutralizing great defensive linemen
Quick game system that totally eliminates mistakes
3 change of pace gimmicks
Using 1 snap count that can drive your opponent crazy
Keys to having your quarterback read each route correctly
Why they should fire you if your not filming every practice
Game day pressure call secrets
The back-up qb plan
How and what to implement in the spring
The secret to never having a player miss an assignment again
The secret to practicing screens
Specific calls to beat cover 1,2,3,4, and 0
Defensive recognition and calls
Magic of the mesh route
When and why to tag the post off the y-cross route
How and when your receiver should stem the defender
3 simple release techniques that always work versus press
How to make a script for every decision you make
How to be a physical passing team
Why a new trick play each week
Pass protection schemes against all fronts

Ah yes, the noose drill.  Best executed (no pun intended) around a certain OC's neck
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Ogre

« Reply #32 on: October 06, 2008, 01:20:31 PM »
Ok, I've received a couple of PM's calling my sobriety into question when I started this thread.  I was about 75% sober when I typed that.  It was early in the am and I was hungover, but I stand by my assertion that Tubs has to go.

I work in the Risk Management field, and when we have a loss at one of my locations the first thing we try to do is identify the root cause of the incident.  The incident in this case is that we have an inept offense.  We've had an inept offense for all but 3 of Tuberville's 10 years here (the one year under Petrino, and Borges' first two years).  The other 7 years, we've ranked near the bottom of the SEC in offense, regardless of the OC.  Why?

The conclusion I've come to is that it's because we have poor-to-average assistant coaches on offense.  These are the guys that are loyal to Tuberville, and he is loyal to them in return.  They know that there is no danger of losing their jobs, no matter how shitty they perform, because they collectively are 'Tubs' boys.'  If the offense tanks, they know that it'll be the OC who will take the fall.  This attitude takes competition out of the equation.  They don't feel like they have to compete, or even perform at a high level, to keep their jobs.  Then Tubs completely changes offensive philosophies, and instead of letting Franklin bring in his own coaches who know the system to help, he is forced to teach the new offense to the coaches, who in turn are going to be teaching it to our players.  It's easy to see how there is confusion on offense.  To me, this is the root cause of Auburn's woes. 

The only way to change this is for a) Tubs to cut his offensive assistant coaches and let Franklin bring his own crew on board, retaining who he wants, or b) Fire Tubs.  Since Tubs has been with these guys for the past 15 years, I think he'd have a hard time cutting them.  If he was forced by the PTB to cut them, I think Tuberville would begin to lose interest in Auburn (even moreso than he has) and eventually would run the program into the ground on the way to retirement.  By firing Tubs, we are cleaning house and starting anew. 

The one thing we CAN NOT do, is fire Franklin and just bring in another OC to work with Nall, Ensminger, Knox, etc.  It's a recipe for disaster, and we'll be in the same boat again next year.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tiger Six

« Reply #33 on: October 06, 2008, 01:32:43 PM »
Are you an Eye of the Tiger Club Member? 

How can you be and post that?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Ogre

« Reply #34 on: October 06, 2008, 02:11:01 PM »
Are you an Eye of the Tiger Club Member? 

How can you be and post that?

I am a supporter of Auburn University.  No one man is greater than Auburn. 

I guess I'll have to mail my pin in.  No more post-game BBQ's for me!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #35 on: October 06, 2008, 02:22:21 PM »

You can keep the Bear Force I posters and life size blow-up doll.  Those were freebies just for joining.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Tiger Six

« Reply #36 on: October 06, 2008, 02:27:01 PM »

I resigned back in June/July.

There was a movement afoot to keep me, but a sorry ass SOB killed it.

I wish he would return to the Alabama roots that spawned him.

He is worthless in mine eyes.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Ogre

« Reply #37 on: October 06, 2008, 02:39:18 PM »
I resigned back in June/July.

There was a movement afoot to keep me, but a sorry ass SOB killed it.

I wish he would return to the Alabama roots that spawned him.

He is worthless in mine eyes.

You should have known better than to try an go up against The Machine that is Bear Force 1. 

Don't you know he's had his picture made with Tommy Tuberville?  Rumor has it that he's even seen Tuberville's office. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Jumbo

• Assistant Pledge Master
  • I live on the corner of Epic & Bananas.
« Reply #38 on: October 06, 2008, 02:48:24 PM »
You should have known better than to try an go up against The Machine that is Bear Force 1. 

Don't you know he's had his picture made with Tommy Tuberville?  Rumor has it that he's even seen Tuberville's office. 

How can a Drill Press be so well connected?? :blink:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You'll never shine if you don't glow.

Tiger Six

« Reply #39 on: October 06, 2008, 03:11:52 PM »

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions