Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Heath Evans gets metoo’ed

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
Re: Heath Evans gets metoo’ed
« Reply #20 on: August 03, 2018, 11:05:03 AM »
So, if you're innocent you're stuck trying to prove the negative in the court of public opinion.  Get that shit on the record, open up discovery and the accuser can put up or shut up. 

If he's clean, he's got a defamation suit (notoriously hard for your average Joe to win due to the damage component, but if Heath can show that he's losing professional opportunities in the wake of the accusation he's got a colorable claim).

My guess, and I like Heath, is that there is some nugget of truth here.  Seeming nice, normal guys are pretty quick to send their cockshots around the textiverse.  Or the "locker room" nature of the set was over the line.  And, if so, then fuck it...he should have known better.
You and I have both been around women who threw themselves around and made jokes about it.  Or I assume you have.  If so, you should also know the danger of rejecting that and pissing them off.  A friend of mine very nearly lost his company because he didn't give this girl a promotion and she claimed he came on to her in his office.  

It wouldn't surprise me if this ugly ass woman, looking old enough to be his great grandmother, was flirty and sassy and made some off-color comments like "you're looking good today, sugar, don't make me spread this all over you..." and he did some off hand flippant "you couldn't handle this" type of rebut.  It's not in the male nature to get filled up with righteous anger when some old floozy flirts with you.  In fact, the true nature of chivalry almost requires that you respond in kind and then get the hell away from it.  

Even so, wes, how in the hell can he PROVE in a court of law that he never said anything to her if he didn't?  She has her traumatic, tear-choked "memories" and there's nothing he could say or do which would effectively counter that.  It's a no win situation.  And it's symbolic of what I consider wrong with today's society.  You can talk about guilt/innocence/litigation all you want but that's a naive stance.  You've already convicted Heath in your own mind with your "he probably" and "it was likely" position. It doesn't have to be true. You're going to be punished.   

Part of her lawsuit is that she was hanging out in the men's restroom working on clothes and Warren Sapp came in and took a piss.  She was in the men's freaking restroom.  That's where men go to take pisses.  But he's got to be fired because she was offended.  

The ONLY reason this hideous hag made the allegations is because 1) she got old and was replaced by somebody younger and brighter and 2) she got fired for stealing from the network.  And now he's settling with the network -- part of which is them paying him off so he doesn't sue them.  

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #21 on: August 03, 2018, 11:21:07 AM »
You and I have both been around women who threw themselves around and made jokes about it.  Or I assume you have.  If so, you should also know the danger of rejecting that and pissing them off.  A friend of mine very nearly lost his company because he didn't give this girl a promotion and she claimed he came on to her in his office. 

It wouldn't surprise me if this ugly ass woman, looking old enough to be his great grandmother, was flirty and sassy and made some off-color comments like "you're looking good today, sugar, don't make me spread this all over you..." and he did some off hand flippant "you couldn't handle this" type of rebut.  It's not in the male nature to get filled up with righteous anger when some old floozy flirts with you.  In fact, the true nature of chivalry almost requires that you respond in kind and then get the hell away from it. 

Even so, wes, how in the hell can he PROVE in a court of law that he never said anything to her if he didn't?  She has her traumatic, tear-choked "memories" and there's nothing he could say or do which would effectively counter that.  It's a no win situation.  And it's symbolic of what I consider wrong with today's society.  You can talk about guilt/innocence/litigation all you want but that's a naive stance.  You've already convicted Heath in your own mind with your "he probably" and "it was likely" position. It doesn't have to be true. You're going to be punished. 

Part of her lawsuit is that she was hanging out in the men's restroom working on clothes and Warren Sapp came in and took a piss.  She was in the men's freaking restroom.  That's where men go to take pisses.  But he's got to be fired because she was offended. 

The ONLY reason this hideous hag made the allegations is because 1) she got old and was replaced by somebody younger and brighter and 2) she got fired for stealing from the network.  And now he's settling with the network -- part of which is them paying him off so he doesn't sue them. 
Certainly those women exist and can cause trouble.  All you can do is 1) not be alone with them; 2) not engage in the flirtation, no matter how seemingly innocuous; 3) Don't be a dirtbag.

I'm not suggesting that Heath prove the negative (that's the problem with letting it dangle in the public courtroom...the allegation that is).  I'm suggesting that he call the bluff and force whatever evidence she may have into the record and rebut, if possible.  If all she has are her "recollections", then she'll have trouble finding a lawyer to defend her or, in a battle of attorneys, the rich guy wins, usually.

As to your last paragraph, that's just speculation because you don't like her or her allegations.  It's mean spirited and counterproductive.

If he's getting $$ from the NFL, then he's getting some relief.  If he felt strongly about exonerating himself, he wouldn't settle.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #22 on: August 03, 2018, 11:22:07 AM »
Why you no text me no more?
Wouldn't want to be a home-wrecker.  You LOVE the cock.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #23 on: August 03, 2018, 11:28:03 AM »
Wouldn't want to be a home-wrecker.  You LOVE the cock.
Let's go cornhole us a drunk
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #24 on: August 03, 2018, 12:03:14 PM »
Certainly those women exist and can cause trouble.  All you can do is 1) not be alone with them; 2) not engage in the flirtation, no matter how seemingly innocuous; 3) Don't be a dirtbag.

I'm not suggesting that Heath prove the negative (that's the problem with letting it dangle in the public courtroom...the allegation that is).  I'm suggesting that he call the bluff and force whatever evidence she may have into the record and rebut, if possible.  If all she has are her "recollections", then she'll have trouble finding a lawyer to defend her or, in a battle of attorneys, the rich guy wins, usually.

As to your last paragraph, that's just speculation because you don't like her or her allegations.  It's mean spirited and counterproductive.

If he's getting $$ from the NFL, then he's getting some relief.  If he felt strongly about exonerating himself, he wouldn't settle.
After this I’m getting off this pony too. 

Your first paragraph is problematic.  You can do all of those things and a pissed off woman can still claim you did.  I once went to a conference in Louisville with a woman who worked for me. She was always flirty and touchy with every guy around.  She wanted me to go shopping with her.  I declined.  She wanted to watch an Auburn game in my room.  I declined.  Went to a bar instead.  Part of her shopping trip included a visit to an adult store where she bought glass dildos and other novelties.  She brought the bag back and showed several people (including clients) giggling over them.  Later in that trip she claimed she  had a one night fling with the president of a college.  Somebody you’d likely know.  After we got back home she got Jesus, started singing gospel songs in the office and confessed to her husband all the people who had “made advances” on her.  He showed up at the office wanting to fight.  

Id never been alone with her other than at the same hotel at this conference.  Never responded to her comments. Never been a “dirtbag”.  But she told him I’d looked at her sex toys and made comments that made her uncomfortable. I have no idea what I actually said I was mortified that she was flashing them in front of customers. Luckily her sister was a voice of reason and defused it. 

She still essentially dared me to fire her. Hinted she would sue if I did for any reason forever.  Thank god she eventually quit.  Sidebar: she is now embroiled in a major wrongful termination suit against her subsequent employer.  

Beyond that, everything else you wrote is wrong.  

People like her can easily find representation. When this first came up my own attorneys said I should offer her a settlement to avoid a suit. Were it not for her sisters intervention I might have. 

His wealth is the very reason he cannot afford to fight this hag.  
Oh you are right in that I despise her.  So theres that. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #25 on: August 10, 2018, 02:16:45 PM »
Follow up: 

I was wrong. Heath is a moron.  

https://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2018/08/heath_evans_fired_nfl_network.html

"I immediately told the network that approximately two years ago, my accuser and I had exchanged mutual flirtations that included her sending me and me sending her pictures of a sexual nature," he said in the statement. "I regret having engaged in the picture exchange. Nothing ever came of the mutual flirtations and we remained friends during and after her employment ended at the Network. In fact, she had texted me just 30 days prior (posted) to me learning that that I was included in the allegations. To say I was surprised is an understatement."

:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #26 on: August 10, 2018, 06:00:47 PM »
Follow up:

I was wrong. Heath is a moron. 

https://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2018/08/heath_evans_fired_nfl_network.html

"I immediately told the network that approximately two years ago, my accuser and I had exchanged mutual flirtations that included her sending me and me sending her pictures of a sexual nature," he said in the statement. "I regret having engaged in the picture exchange. Nothing ever came of the mutual flirtations and we remained friends during and after her employment ended at the Network. In fact, she had texted me just 30 days prior (posted) to me learning that that I was included in the allegations. To say I was surprised is an understatement."

:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:
Then yes, I'm good with Evans getting #MeToo'd
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #27 on: August 10, 2018, 10:56:42 PM »
Then yes, I'm good with Evans getting #MeToo'd
Bullshit.  If it was mutual, then what part of #MeToo has any bearing on this?

K's post was all about Heath even getting involved with this woman, when he could obviously have done 100% better than with this mule.  He didn't harass her, or assault her.  Did he use poor judgment in getting into a sexting situation with her?  Sounds like it.  But "MeToo?  Bull fucking shit!!! 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #28 on: August 11, 2018, 01:46:24 AM »
Question for the night school lawyers on here:

Could this case set a precedent and mean that I could potentially get money because chizad sent me pics of his little wee wee?

And he’s not the only one. Right, Wes?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

« Reply #29 on: August 11, 2018, 08:57:15 PM »
Question for the night school lawyers on here:

Could this case set a precedent and mean that I could potentially get money because chizad sent me pics of his little wee wee?

And he’s not the only one. Right, Wes?
I don't think so, because we all know you asked them for it.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

WiregrassTiger

« Reply #30 on: August 12, 2018, 12:20:39 AM »
I don't think so, because we all know you asked them for it.
This doesn’t have anything to do with the question. Just shut up.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #31 on: August 13, 2018, 08:02:58 AM »
Bullshit.  If it was mutual, then what part of #MeToo has any bearing on this?

K's post was all about Heath even getting involved with this woman, when he could obviously have done 100% better than with this mule.  He didn't harass her, or assault her.  Did he use poor judgment in getting into a sexting situation with her?  Sounds like it.  But "MeToo?  Bull fucking shit!!!
The boy ain’t bright when it comes to context. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

WiregrassTiger

« Reply #32 on: August 14, 2018, 07:14:48 PM »
Does anyone know how to recall a group text of a dick pic that was sent accidentally?

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions