Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Lost our damn minds

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
Lost our damn minds
« on: May 23, 2018, 05:21:01 PM »
In a ruling sure to encourage every stalker, troll, pervert and psycho in America a dumbass judge has equated blocking someone on Twitter with denying free speech.  

My daughter recently blocked an assclown who repeatedly berated her and her friends and posted vulgar photos he claimed were of them.  According to this moron judge she must have violated his freedom of expression. 

The judge’s ruling was directed at president trump but it clearly has far-reaching overtones.  

Fire this judge and any other fools who think the same way.  

Oh damn.  Do I have to unshun Prowler now?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
Re: Lost our damn minds
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2018, 07:51:05 PM »
In a ruling sure to encourage every stalker, troll, pervert and psycho in America a dumbass judge has equated blocking someone on Twitter with denying free speech.  

My daughter recently blocked an assclown who repeatedly berated her and her friends and posted vulgar photos he claimed were of them.  According to this moron judge she must have violated his freedom of expression.

The judge’s ruling was directed at president trump but it clearly has far-reaching overtones.  

^^^^
Triggered Trumpflake
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2018, 08:59:08 PM »
^^^^
Triggered Trumpflake
Oooh. You burned him on that one Beavis!
Heh heh. Heh heh...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2018, 09:35:14 PM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2018, 10:27:01 PM »
Re shun
^^^^
Triggered Trumpflake
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2018, 01:11:44 AM »

This ruling was in response to Knight Institute v. Trump and him blocking people due to their political comments towards him and seeing as his Twitter account, right now, is a official statement from the President then him blocking or silencing people due to their political comments towards him is a violation of free speech. Again, this is regarding the President not your children or other regular citizens.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2018, 01:52:25 AM »
So now the president doesn't have the same rights as other citizens because he is white and republican...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2018, 08:35:48 AM »
So now the president doesn't have the same rights as other citizens because he is white and republican...
Well, since he is part of the Federal Government he's interfering with the citizen's freedom of speech.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #8 on: May 24, 2018, 08:49:13 AM »
No, he has the same rights as all the other white republicans.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #9 on: May 24, 2018, 08:59:42 AM »
This ruling was in response to Knight Institute v. Trump and him blocking people due to their political comments towards him and seeing as his Twitter account, right now, is a official statement from the President then him blocking or silencing people due to their political comments towards him is a violation of free speech. Again, this is regarding the President not your children or other regular citizens.
You don't understand the meaning of the word "precedent" do you?   
I don't know why anybody tries.  I've seen box turtles with a better grasp on reality than you.  Many of them. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #10 on: May 24, 2018, 10:49:09 AM »
I just read the opinion.  The analysis tracks, but it's a bit of a patchwork due to the unique forum discussion.

This opinion applies only to Trump/Scavino...but K's point is well-taken in that there are almost always unforeseen/unintended consequences when you're dealing with caselaw addressing novel fact scenarios.  The good news is that, for now, this case is only controlling precedent in SDNY.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #11 on: May 24, 2018, 11:15:28 AM »
I just read the opinion.  The analysis tracks, but it's a bit of a patchwork due to the unique forum discussion.

This opinion applies only to Trump/Scavino...but K's point is well-taken in that there are almost always unforeseen/unintended consequences when you're dealing with caselaw addressing novel fact scenarios.  The good news is that, for now, this case is only controlling precedent in SDNY.
For reference, this is just another spoke in the cog of "Trump bad..."  
Here's an article from 2016 whining about his Twitter practices before he'd even done anything. 
https://www.nytimes.com/roomfordebate/2016/11/21/should-the-president-be-able-to-block-you-on-twitter
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #12 on: May 24, 2018, 11:32:38 AM »
For reference, this is just another spoke in the cog of "Trump bad..."  
Here's an article from 2016 whining about his Twitter practices before he'd even done anything.
https://www.nytimes.com/roomfordebate/2016/11/21/should-the-president-be-able-to-block-you-on-twitter
This is essentially the same issue.  This piece was written in November 2016 and the lawsuit in question was filed in July 2017. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #13 on: May 31, 2018, 05:02:23 PM »
I just read the opinion.  The analysis tracks, but it's a bit of a patchwork due to the unique forum discussion.

This opinion applies only to Trump/Scavino...but K's point is well-taken in that there are almost always unforeseen/unintended consequences when you're dealing with caselaw addressing novel fact scenarios.  The good news is that, for now, this case is only controlling precedent in SDNY.
So, I can post our beach trip pics?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com