Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

The College Experience

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
Re: The College Experience
« Reply #20 on: June 06, 2018, 10:35:19 PM »
I feel ya dog. 
Suffering was trying to scrape together that $1.39 at the end of the quarter for a gallon of Beast from Mom's Party Shop. 
Eagles West V-4 alum here!
Too expensive so we moved to Auburn Place Condominiums. You know where the bowling alley is? Cross the road and RR tracks and that dump is right there. Glad to have that 2/1 for $275/mth!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #21 on: June 06, 2018, 10:41:08 PM »
On an Auburn note, I met Snagette at the start of my senior year.  The first time I went over to her apartment, Chateau, I took her a chocolate shake from the original, hole-in-the-wall Saniflush.  I was one smooth playa.
You are bringing back some wild ass memories.

I remember the first time I went over to her apartment.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #22 on: June 06, 2018, 10:44:36 PM »
You are bringing back some wild ass memories.

I remember the first time I went over to her apartment.
It was like a different year and a gay guy lived there, right?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

WiregrassTiger

« Reply #23 on: June 06, 2018, 11:22:08 PM »
It was like a different year and a gay guy lived there, right?
Why do you insist on trying to one up WT?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #24 on: June 07, 2018, 07:33:28 AM »
On an Auburn note, I met Snagette at the start of my senior year.  The first time I went over to her apartment, Chateau, I took her a chocolate shake from the original, hole-in-the-wall Saniflush.  I was one smooth playa.
That's funny cause I gave her the chocolate Saniflush as well.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

ssgaufan

• WDE!!!
« Reply #25 on: June 07, 2018, 09:12:20 AM »
Yep all to get their foot in the door maybe.  It's an abomination anymore really.  Nothing that they learn in college remotes to anything in the job world, that you don't learn on the job, and this includes doctors.

I'm sending my son to trade school, by the time hes old enough to go Plumbers will make $600 an hour because there won't be any of them left.
My Dad was a plumber, and taught me how to plumb.  I worked with him for several years before going active duty.  I have now taken over his business, (only doing it part time until I retire) and I feel bad sometimes for charging the going rate per hour.  I make out the bill and think to myself that I am overcharging these people, yet I'm one of the cheaper rates in Cullman.

One of the things I find funny is that when I tell someone I'm a plumber and they act like I'm below them.  Idiots can look at me that way all they want, and I'll keep cashing those checks they hand me.  Oh yeah, it's already proving difficult to find good help.  Most of the young adults think they should be making what I'm making when they are nothing more than an apprentice. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

WiregrassTiger

« Reply #26 on: June 07, 2018, 09:22:05 AM »
My Dad was a plumber, and taught me how to plumb.  I worked with him for several years before going active duty.  I have now taken over his business, (only doing it part time until I retire) and I feel bad sometimes for charging the going rate per hour.  I make out the bill and think to myself that I am overcharging these people, yet I'm one of the cheaper rates in Cullman.

One of the things I find funny is that when I tell someone I'm a plumber and they act like I'm below them.  Idiots can look at me that way all they want, and I'll keep cashing those checks they hand me.  Oh yeah, it's already proving difficult to find good help.  Most of the young adults think they should be making what I'm making when they are nothing more than an apprentice.
I never knew that you’re just a plumber.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #27 on: June 07, 2018, 09:45:27 AM »

How hard can it be?
Hot on the left.
Cold on the right.
Shit don't flow uphill!

But you are correct. People today cannot even figure out how to use the little wrench to free the garbage disposal.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #28 on: June 07, 2018, 09:53:38 AM »
How hard can it be?
Hot on the left.
Cold on the right.
Shit don't flow uphill!

But you are correct. People today cannot even figure out how to use the little wrench to free the garbage disposal.
Colin Sexton disagrees.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

ssgaufan

• WDE!!!
« Reply #29 on: June 07, 2018, 10:09:22 AM »
How hard can it be?
Hot on the left.
Cold on the right.
shoot don't flow uphill!

People actually pay me to come change out their shower heads.  $100 service call that takes all of 10 minutes.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

War Eagle!!!

• The Original Backwards Hat
« Reply #30 on: June 07, 2018, 10:32:49 AM »
People actually pay me to come change out their shower heads.  $100 service call that takes all of 10 minutes.
Good lord...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #31 on: June 07, 2018, 10:50:57 AM »
Shrubberies are my trade.  I am a shrubber.  I arrange, design, and sell shrubberies.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #32 on: June 07, 2018, 11:39:36 AM »
Shrubberies are my trade.  I am a shrubber.  I arrange, design, and sell shrubberies.
If you do not tell us where we can buy a shrubbery, my friend and I will say--we will say--"ni".
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

WiregrassTiger

« Reply #33 on: June 07, 2018, 12:18:38 PM »
If you do not tell us where we can buy a shrubbery, my friend and I will say--we will say--"ni".
Are you saying “ni” to that old woman?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

WiregrassTiger

« Reply #34 on: June 07, 2018, 12:25:11 PM »
I am amazed at how poor you people on here are.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #35 on: June 07, 2018, 12:26:32 PM »
Are you saying “ni” to that old woman?
Oh, what sad times are these when passing ruffians can say Ni at will to old ladies. There is a pestilence upon this land.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #36 on: June 08, 2018, 10:30:17 PM »
Of course, I sound like my dad complaining about walking 5 miles to school every day, barefoot, in the snow, up hill...both ways.

The first place I lived in Auburn on East Glenn was so bad it was bulldozed the year after we moved out.  From there, I lived in University Apartments on Donahue (Still there), Gentilly Trailer park and finished up in a spacious 1 bedroom duplex out by the Krogerz.  This past football season, we went by our niece's apartment for a visit. Sweet Haysus on a stick.  3-bedroom. 2 bath.  Full kitchen.  Back door opens out into the courtyard where the pool and several fire pits are.  There's a workout room too.

Yep, it's a different world, but you never heard us complaining.  We thought we had it all.  And we pretty much did.   
East glenn was where it was. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE