Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Deadpool 2

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
Re: Deadpool 2
« Reply #40 on: May 30, 2018, 01:41:40 PM »
oh you'll side with me.  
heck if i was down your way...i'd pick you up. butter your popcorn.
Not sure I’d eat the popcorn, GH.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #41 on: May 30, 2018, 02:32:04 PM »
oh you'll side with me.  
I think it just moved.
I'm going to try and see DPII tomorrow night. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #42 on: May 30, 2018, 02:46:29 PM »
I think it just moved.
I'm going to try and see DPII tomorrow night.
Good choice.

Given a choice between a retard and a guy that doesn't know anything about movies, I'd choose Deadpool
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #43 on: May 30, 2018, 02:57:56 PM »
Good choice.

Given a choice between a retard and a guy that doesn't know anything about movies, I'd choose Deadpool
Your words have truth, pale face.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

The Six

• Leaning on a broken fence b/t past & present tense
    • My Linktree
« Reply #44 on: May 30, 2018, 03:31:14 PM »
Between you giving it a 1 and nook giving it a 10 - I'm gonna have to go see it now out of pure curiosity based on your polar opposite assessments.
I'm not rating it at all. I never gave it a chance because I realized from the jump this movie wasn't for me. I didn't know my post about bailing on it would cause so much hand-wringing. I don't dig Ryan Reynolds and I didn't go for what this was. Which, from my 15 mins. with it, seemed to be a retreading of the first one. I was fine with that one but didn't have the religious experience others had with it.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2018, 03:33:05 PM by The Six »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I'm sick of following my dreams...I'm just going to ask them where they are going and hook up with 'em later." - Mitch Hedberg

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #45 on: May 30, 2018, 04:01:25 PM »
I'm not rating it at all. I never gave it a chance because I realized from the jump this movie wasn't for me. I didn't know my post about bailing on it would cause so much hand-wringing. I don't dig Ryan Reynolds and I didn't go for what this was. Which, from my 15 mins. with it, seemed to be a retreading of the first one. I was fine with that one but didn't have the religious experience others had with it.
Snotty beamed me twice last night. It was wonderful.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #46 on: May 30, 2018, 04:11:21 PM »
RR has been in a ton of movies over the years, but I've only seen a handful of them.  In the ones I had seen prior to Deadpool, like RIPD, The Proposal, Green Lantern and a few others, I don't recall his characters taking sarcastic smartassedness to the level of Deadpool.  Wes said that was a big part of his schtick but I had a limited catalog to go by.  When I watched DP, I was blown away by how damn funny he was and how perfect he was for that character. So, if you guys say the second is even close to the original, I can't wait to see it.

BTW, I did see The Hitman's Bodyguard after DP.  Fairly entertaining flick, nothing great.  But worth seeing just to decide who the bigger smartass was between Reynolds and Samuel L. Jackson.   
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #47 on: May 30, 2018, 05:21:27 PM »
oh you'll side with me.  
This is gonna be sacrilegious on here. But I'll be going into it knowing nothing about this franchise or this character. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #48 on: May 30, 2018, 05:26:32 PM »
This is gonna be sacrilegious on here. But I'll be going into it knowing nothing about this franchise or this character.
That's how I saw the first installment.  It was perfect.  No expectations and no forewarning.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #49 on: May 30, 2018, 05:34:45 PM »
That's how I saw the first installment.  It was perfect.  No expectations and no forewarning.
Ed Zachary.  Like I said earlier, I took my underage son to it, thinking it would be a way to kill an afternoon with some Marvel entertainment. 
That scene where RR's wife was putting it in his pooper....yeeeeah, that was a special bonding moment for me and the kiddo.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #50 on: May 30, 2018, 05:51:32 PM »
Ed Zachary.  Like I said earlier, I took my underage son to it, thinking it would be a way to kill an afternoon with some Marvel entertainment.
That scene where RR's wife was putting it in his pooper....yeeeeah, that was a special bonding moment for me and the kiddo.
Like he has never seen Miss K penetrate you with an 8" black strap-on. You expect us to buy that nonsense.  pffft
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #51 on: May 30, 2018, 05:52:26 PM »
You see the first one?   Not necessarily a pre-req, but I would watch the first one before you go.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

GH2001

« Reply #52 on: May 30, 2018, 10:25:33 PM »
You see the first one?   Not necessarily a pre-req, but I would watch the first one before you go.
Nada. 
Although I'm a little more interested in this black strap on story now than deadpool. Tell us more. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #53 on: May 31, 2018, 10:06:44 PM »
I am entertained.  Just got back from DPII.  Honestly, I was a little worried about being let down, despite the reviews.  The first one took me by complete surprise.  Laughed non-stop.  However, I've watched it twice since and it just didn't come close to that initial viewing.  You guys said...well, most of you, that it rivaled the original, so I was thinking it might have a whole lot of meh.  Rehashing of the same jokes.

Wrong!!!

Yeah, it was very similar to the first but the writers killed it.  Tough to cram that many one liners into a 2 hour follow up, but they damn sure did it.  Reynolds raised the bar.  The X'rs were spot on.

On a side note, are we officially at an hour's worth of previews yet?  I'm going to start showing up for a 6:00 movie at 6:45 so I can only be subjected to 5 more previews. 

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #54 on: June 01, 2018, 08:58:24 AM »

On a side note, are we officially at an hour's worth of previews yet?  I'm going to start showing up for a 6:00 movie at 6:45 so I can only be subjected to 5 more previews.
At least 20 minutes
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

chinook

« Reply #55 on: June 01, 2018, 09:18:45 AM »
I am entertained.  Just got back from DPII.  Honestly, I was a little worried about being let down, despite the reviews.  The first one took me by complete surprise.  Laughed non-stop.  However, I've watched it twice since and it just didn't come close to that initial viewing.  You guys said...well, most of you, that it rivaled the original, so I was thinking it might have a whole lot of meh.  Rehashing of the same jokes.

Wrong!!!

Yeah, it was very similar to the first but the writers killed it.  Tough to cram that many one liners into a 2 hour follow up, but they damn sure did it.  Reynolds raised the bar.  The X'rs were spot on.

On a side note, are we officially at an hour's worth of previews yet?  I'm going to start showing up for a 6:00 movie at 6:45 so I can only be subjected to 5 more previews.
at my theater if you pay an extra $10 you don't have to watch the previews.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #56 on: June 01, 2018, 09:56:10 AM »
at my theater if you pay an extra $10 you don't have to watch the previews.
That might be worth it.  I usually don't pay attention to, or worry about plunking down a few $$$ to see a movie.  You know what you're getting into if you decide to go.  It's going to run you about what dinner for two at a half way decent restaurant is going to cost, sans too many cocktails.  But me and mini-tall got our tickets, one small popcorn (Drenched in liquid gold), two small cokes and he got a pack of M&M's.
$50.00
:blink:
Now, if you leave the movie satisfied with the product, then it's worth it.  But $50 clams for two tix and a snack? 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

« Reply #57 on: June 01, 2018, 01:13:24 PM »
I am entertained.  Just got back from DPII.  Honestly, I was a little worried about being let down, despite the reviews.  The first one took me by complete surprise.  Laughed non-stop.  However, I've watched it twice since and it just didn't come close to that initial viewing.  You guys said...well, most of you, that it rivaled the original, so I was thinking it might have a whole lot of meh.  Rehashing of the same jokes.

Wrong!!!

Yeah, it was very similar to the first but the writers killed it.  Tough to cram that many one liners into a 2 hour follow up, but they damn sure did it.  Reynolds raised the bar.  The X'rs were spot on.

So that's a yes to the big black strap-on?
Too bad NHOP went out of business. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

GH2001

« Reply #58 on: June 01, 2018, 01:14:58 PM »
That might be worth it.  I usually don't pay attention to, or worry about plunking down a few $$$ to see a movie.  You know what you're getting into if you decide to go.  It's going to run you about what dinner for two at a half way decent restaurant is going to cost, sans too many cocktails.  But me and mini-tall got our tickets, one small popcorn (Drenched in liquid gold), two small cokes and he got a pack of M&M's.
$50.00
:blink:
Now, if you leave the movie satisfied with the product, then it's worth it.  But $50 clams for two tix and a snack?
Tuesday morning petty cash for a big time wiregrass attorney. You spent that much on a 28 year rare scotch shot a time or 7. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #59 on: June 01, 2018, 01:49:57 PM »
Tuesday morning petty cash for a big time wiregrass attorney. You spent that much on a 28 year rare scotch shot a time or 7.
I would think he spends more than 50 bucks a day on neck braces to hand out.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com