Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Just Thinking Out Loud

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
Just Thinking Out Loud
« on: May 11, 2018, 05:10:46 PM »
Was just talking in another thread about watching Blazing Saddles last night.  Mel Brooks is obviously comedy jeenyus/royalty.  But with regard to Blazing Saddles, I wonder if All In the Family had any influence in his making of this flick.  All In The Family started in 1971 and Blazing Saddles came out in 74'.  Archie Bunker was a racist and a bigot, and the more he showed it, the more he looked like an idiot.  There was nothing like it on TV and it quickly became wildly popular.  That's the same premise with Blazing Saddles.  Even in 1974, there's no way they could have gotten away with the over-the-top racism unless the use of it made the characters look like total boobs.  I like boobs.

This has been Deep Thoughts with Jack Handy.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2018, 05:13:02 PM by Snaggletiger »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
Re: Just Thinking Out Loud
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2018, 05:24:34 PM »
Is there any way that quality control could be a factor in determining what threads stay and ones that are nuked?

There is more dumb threads on this place than ever.

I get the feeling that Wes has just given up. The only reason he’s still around is to moderate. No offense but do better.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2018, 11:13:32 PM »
Reverend!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2018, 11:54:54 PM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."