Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

What Policies?

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
What Policies?
« on: April 26, 2018, 05:37:51 PM »
In the past couple of days, one bit of news making the headlines is Kanye West and another rapper coming out in support of Trump. This take has nothing to do with Kanye.  Never been a fan but I do agree his publically endorsing the Donald goes against the norm. Anyway, the quote below is from John Legend in a text exchange between he and West. 

"You’re way too influential to endorse who he is and what he stands for. As you know, what you say really means something to your fans,” Legend continued. “They respect your opinion. So many people who love you feel so betrayed right now because they know the harm that Trump’s policies cause, especially to people of color. Don’t let this be part of your legacy.”

I read that and thought, "What am I missing?"  Apparently I am missing a lot because I hear all these claims made against Trump and I can't figure out where they came from.  Racist is always one of the first things out of the mouths of Trump detractors.  How did they come to that conclusion? Is it because enforcing our immigration laws is one of his priorities?  How does that make him racist?  We've been trying to keep illegals out under Trump, Obama (Not really),Bush X2, Clinton, Ford, Reagan, Carter and on and on and on.  The only thing Trump has done is said we've been giving it lip service.  Here's the way we fix the immigration problem.  Is it that, or has he said or done something else that I'm not aware of that would qualify him as a racist?

Trump was not my choice for President until it came down to picking between he and Hitlary.  I thought his adversarial personality would alienate too many people in power for him to get anything done. Amazing what he has in fact accomplished despite push back from just about everyone. But while he wasn't my first choice, I have to say that I agreed with virtually every position he had/has on the issues right down the line.  They're just common sense policies. Get immigration under control.  Be proactive on terrorism to keep Americans safe.  Go after bad trade deals that take jobs out of the country.  Put people back to work.  Strengthen our military.  Improve the infrastructure etc.  I can't think of a single thing that anyone would disagree with in principle.

So in the quote above from Legend, when he says, "you're way too influential to endorse who he is and what he stands for", what exactly is he talking about?  What does Donald Trump stand for that Americans detest so much?  What policies does he have that harm people of color? I'm asking seriously if I missed something because I hear all these claims of how evil the man is, but it's never followed with any substance.      
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
Re: What Policies?
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2018, 06:28:36 PM »
In the past couple of days, one bit of news making the headlines is Kanye West and another rapper coming out in support of Trump. This take has nothing to do with Kanye.  Never been a fan but I do agree his publically endorsing the Donald goes against the norm. Anyway, the quote below is from John Legend in a text exchange between he and West.

"You’re way too influential to endorse who he is and what he stands for. As you know, what you say really means something to your fans,” Legend continued. “They respect your opinion. So many people who love you feel so betrayed right now because they know the harm that Trump’s policies cause, especially to people of color. Don’t let this be part of your legacy.”

I read that and thought, "What am I missing?"  Apparently I am missing a lot because I hear all these claims made against Trump and I can't figure out where they came from.  Racist is always one of the first things out of the mouths of Trump detractors.  How did they come to that conclusion? Is it because enforcing our immigration laws is one of his priorities?  How does that make him racist?  We've been trying to keep illegals out under Trump, Obama (Not really),Bush X2, Clinton, Ford, Reagan, Carter and on and on and on.  The only thing Trump has done is said we've been giving it lip service.  Here's the way we fix the immigration problem.  Is it that, or has he said or done something else that I'm not aware of that would qualify him as a racist?

Trump was not my choice for President until it came down to picking between he and Hitlary.  I thought his adversarial personality would alienate too many people in power for him to get anything done. Amazing what he has in fact accomplished despite push back from just about everyone. But while he wasn't my first choice, I have to say that I agreed with virtually every position he had/has on the issues right down the line.  They're just common sense policies. Get immigration under control.  Be proactive on terrorism to keep Americans safe.  Go after bad trade deals that take jobs out of the country.  Put people back to work.  Strengthen our military.  Improve the infrastructure etc.  I can't think of a single thing that anyone would disagree with in principle.

So in the quote above from Legend, when he says, "you're way too influential to endorse who he is and what he stands for", what exactly is he talking about?  What does Donald Trump stand for that Americans detest so much?  What policies does he have that harm people of color? I'm asking seriously if I missed something because I hear all these claims of how evil the man is, but it's never followed with any substance.      
They wanted that bitch.  
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2018, 09:33:21 PM »
Their policies always center around "feelings". Problem is numbers and facts don't care about feelings. But they do get along well with the economy. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2018, 11:54:55 PM »
No.  The question is what stance, what policy are they saying makes Trump a racist?  Or any of the other deplorable things they accuse him of?  What's at the foundation of all the evil things the left accuses Trump of being?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2018, 08:41:23 AM »
No.  The question is what stance, what policy are they saying makes Trump a racist?  Or any of the other deplorable things they accuse him of?  What's at the foundation of all the evil things the left accuses Trump of being?
Pure speculation on my part, but I'd assume it's one, some or all of the following:
1) ending DACA
2) Muslim Ban
3) dogwhistling white supremacists (and, you know, employing a shit ton of them)
4) reigniting the war on drugs with Session's hardline stances (these laws disproportionately affect POC)
5) ICE raids
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2018, 09:12:53 AM »
Pure speculation on my part, but I'd assume it's one, some or all of the following:
1) ending DACA
2) Muslim Ban
3) dogwhistling white supremacists (and, you know, employing a shit ton of them)
4) reigniting the war on drugs with Session's hardline stances (these laws disproportionately affect POC)
5) ICE raids
1) Needed to happen
2) Didn't happen
3) Bullshit
4) Overblown, not happening
5) Need to happen
You're so much a part of the problem if you truly buy any of this
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

War Eagle!!!

• The Original Backwards Hat
« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2018, 10:46:50 AM »
1) ending DACA
2) Muslim Ban
5) ICE raids
1) DACA was used as negotiation for a harder stance on immigration and building a wall. If anything, the dems said no to EVERYTHING, thus eliminating the chance for DACA common ground.
2) Bullshit. This was absolutely NOT a Muslim ban. This is the definition of fake news. This was a ban of immigrants coming from counties known for harboring terrorist. The left made it about banning Muslims. Complete bullshit.
3) Name the shit ton of white supremacist that Trump has employeed.
4) Overblown and seems to be a policy that you just don't like. It happens. Shouldn't result in an all out war against the guy personally.
5) Politicizing from the left for inforcing a LAW.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2018, 11:24:23 AM »
1) DACA was used as negotiation for a harder stance on immigration and building a wall. If anything, the dems said no to EVERYTHING, thus eliminating the chance for DACA common ground.
2) Bullshit. This was absolutely NOT a Muslim ban. This is the definition of fake news. This was a ban of immigrants coming from counties known for harboring terrorist. The left made it about banning Muslims. Complete bullshit.
3) Name the shit ton of white supremacist that Trump has employeed.
4) Overblown and seems to be a policy that you just don't like. It happens. Shouldn't result in an all out war against the guy personally.
5) Politicizing from the left for inforcing a LAW.
Trump has offered a plan for Dreamers and anyone who wants to come here and become a U.S. citizen.  Very simply put, go through the proper procedures and you're welcome here.  As for the "ban" what Trump called for was a temporary stoppage in allowing travel from the top 6-7 countries/states that the Obama administration had already labeled as the chief culprits in harboring and training terrorists.  The ban was solely for the purpose of installing a proper vetting process.  In other words, trying to keep Americans safe.
I can't even address the white supremacist comment.  I don't know what that means anymore.  It appears that anyone who is white and conservative is automatically labeled as one.  You don't have to have any particular views on race.  You just have to be white.  And according to the last census, about 75% of America is exactly that. 
I would need to see some statistics on how enforcing our drug laws is disproportionately affecting POC.  However, I fail to see how deciding to wage war on illegal drugs can be construed as something with racist intent.
ICE raids.  Stopping illegal immigration has been part of our laws since before any of our daddy's wuz birthed.  Again, I fail to see how Trump finally making an attempt to address the millions upon millions that came here illegally makes him racist.  As was said, go through the proper procedures to either stay here temporarily or become a U.S. citizen and it's all good.  
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jmar

« Reply #8 on: April 27, 2018, 11:32:18 AM »
Trump has many of the same qualities and flaws of many of our past presidents. He is a sociopath of white privilege which is in direct opposition to those in the "resistance" fold.
I never cared for him and never dreamed he would get elected.

That said, what WE have accomplished over a short period under his leadership is rather shocking. 

The wall or putting up "barriers" might represent keeping people down and/or out for people of color as does his disdain for sanctuary cities. 
In theory, there should be a deeper rift between black and Hispanic welfare recipients but it's never truly been tested with the exception of these areas where drugs and gangs thrive.
That said, those people of color that have status from essentially preaching the struggle need to keep a following of believers.

I don't claim to have any answers but Trump seems to have inadvertently tapped into the core of people which forces them to re-examine some of the accepted false beliefs that have been driven into them from birth. 

We have a constitution and laws which were created for our benefit and safety. Sad the many can't/ refuse to understand or even ponder how others have died trying to get into this country that has so many faults.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #9 on: April 27, 2018, 11:55:54 AM »
1) Needed to happen
2) Didn't happen
3) Bullshit
4) Overblown, not happening
5) Need to happen
You're so much a part of the problem if you truly buy any of this
He is really not buying it.
Rumor is, his credit is shot now.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

WiregrassTiger

« Reply #10 on: April 27, 2018, 11:58:33 AM »
Trump has many of the same qualities and flaws of many of our past presidents. He is a sociopath of white privilege which is in direct opposition to those in the "resistance" fold.
I never cared for him and never dreamed he would get elected.

That said, what WE have accomplished over a short period under his leadership is rather shocking.

The wall or putting up "barriers" might represent keeping people down and/or out for people of color as does his disdain for sanctuary cities.
In theory, there should be a deeper rift between black and Hispanic welfare recipients but it's never truly been tested with the exception of these areas where drugs and gangs thrive.
That said, those people of color that have status from essentially preaching the struggle need to keep a following of believers.

I don't claim to have any answers but Trump seems to have inadvertently tapped into the core of people which forces them to re-examine some of the accepted false beliefs that have been driven into them from birth.

We have a constitution and laws which were created for our benefit and safety. Sad the many can't/ refuse to understand or even ponder how others have died trying to get into this country that has so many faults.
I am concerned that I’m in complete agreement with jmar.
He’d make a good corner.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

WiregrassTiger

« Reply #11 on: April 27, 2018, 12:13:21 PM »
Trump has offered a plan for Dreamers and anyone who wants to come here and become a U.S. citizen.  Very simply put, go through the proper procedures and you're welcome here.  As for the "ban" what Trump called for was a temporary stoppage in allowing travel from the top 6-7 countries/states that the Obama administration had already labeled as the chief culprits in harboring and training terrorists.  The ban was solely for the purpose of installing a proper vetting process.  In other words, trying to keep Americans safe.
I can't even address the white supremacist comment.  I don't know what that means anymore.  It appears that anyone who is white and conservative is automatically labeled as one.  You don't have to have any particular views on race.  You just have to be white.  And according to the last census, about 75% of America is exactly that.
I would need to see some statistics on how enforcing our drug laws is disproportionately affecting POC.  However, I fail to see how deciding to wage war on illegal drugs can be construed as something with racist intent.
ICE raids.  Stopping illegal immigration has been part of our laws since before any of our daddy's wuz birthed.  Again, I fail to see how Trump finally making an attempt to address the millions upon millions that came here illegally makes him racist.  As was said, go through the proper procedures to either stay here temporarily or become a U.S. citizen and it's all good.  
On a serious note, it is really encouraging to read about a plethora (that means a bunch—supposed to use it in a sentence) of conservative values that you have. It seems that those are rarely found in your profession.
What’s ironic is that as soon as one of the dreamers gets rear ended on the circle by a tractor trailer, you’d show up with Al Sharpton and a neck brace. On the cover of the Eagle talking about doing the right thing. Pay the poor Mexican.
I’m not buying your bullshit.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #12 on: April 27, 2018, 12:55:49 PM »
I love it when the ignorant left call it a muslim ban.
Many are not even aware that Chad (no not that Chad) was removed from the list as soon as they opened up communications on their travel.

I say again, every little bitch that whines about this should be housing a few of those poor muslim immigrants!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

jmar

« Reply #13 on: April 27, 2018, 12:56:08 PM »
I am concerned that I’m in complete agreement with jmar.
He’d make a good corner.
Jmar is a long, rangy, dirty old bastard. We are excited about him and the energy he brings.---G.M.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

WiregrassTiger

« Reply #14 on: April 27, 2018, 01:03:50 PM »
Jmar is a long, rangy, dirty old bastard. We are excited about him and the energy he brings.---G.M.
I think that your posting has improved dramatically, jmar.
But, you have to remember. I’ve had like 10 brain surgeries and a couple of strokes.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #15 on: April 27, 2018, 01:37:12 PM »
I love it when the ignorant left call it a muslim ban.
Many are not even aware that Chad (no not that Chad) was removed from the list as soon as they opened up communications on their travel.

I say again, every little bitch that whines about this should be housing a few of those poor muslim immigrants!
Unfortunate but Prowler not can put up immigrant anymore. Had sell blow up couch and futon.
Sessions war on the devil lettuce make price ridiculous. Crazy when have to yard sale just to buy the pot, even I say.
Don't get wrong. Support trump still and Putin.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jmar

« Reply #16 on: April 27, 2018, 01:49:25 PM »
Unfortunate but Prowler not can put up immigrant anymore. Had sell blow up couch and futon.
Sessions war on the devil lettuce make price ridiculous. Crazy when have to yard sale just to buy the pot, even I say.
Don't get wrong. Support trump still and Putin.
We can get you seeds to grow butter crust lettuce little immigrant boy. Will take over two months of beautiful Alabama sunshine but well worth the wait.
Sessions is home grown idiot. 
This can't be reversed.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jmar

« Reply #17 on: April 27, 2018, 02:04:56 PM »
I think that your posting has improved dramatically, jmar.
But, you have to remember. I’ve had like 10 brain surgeries and a couple of strokes.
The wiregrass authorities should revoke your gun privileges post haste you crazy son of a bitch.
Have a nice day!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #18 on: April 27, 2018, 03:50:00 PM »
You guys realize that part of the reason the ban kept getting struck down is because the Courts were relying on Trump's own words, right?  He called it a ban.

Mostly, I just think it's awesome that you can all comfortably say on behalf of people of color that nothing Trump does has a deleterious effect on their communities.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2018, 03:51:45 PM by wesfau2 »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #19 on: April 27, 2018, 03:58:21 PM »
You guys realize that part of the reason the ban kept getting struck down is because the Courts were relying on Trump's own words, right?  He called it a ban.

Mostly, I just think it's awesome that you can all comfortably say on behalf of people of color that nothing Trump does has a deleterious effect on their communities.
Well. Every time he treats them equal, they do riot. There is that. so you may be right!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.