Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

First annual TigersX Bowl Gambling Game Thingy

Thrilla

• I have a touch of the consumption
First annual TigersX Bowl Gambling Game Thingy
« on: November 19, 2007, 03:40:09 PM »
No, it's not what you think.  It actually has to do with you losing money.  If you are thinking of something else you can call me on an individual basis...no phone taps.

Do any of you guys participate in a NCAA Bowl bracket or something similar where bets are placed on the outcome of each bowl game?   I know bowl games are announced on December 2nd and I would like to wager money towards the winners of each game that's scheduled.  I also know there are some already established systems for this, although I've never participated in one.  My preference would be to place my bets through a more trustworthy well-known venture such as this one as opposed to betting through a friend of a friend, if you know what I mean.  Let me know if any of you fools organize something like this or would like to and we can get the first annual TigersX-smoke-a-bowl-a-thon underway---we basically need someone to collect the money to payout at the end and someone who knows a website or something similar that we can bet through.

Here's to spending money during the holiday season     :bar:
« Last Edit: December 08, 2007, 08:41:20 AM by BK AU »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
Re: First annual TigersX Smoke-a-bowl-a-thon
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2007, 03:44:44 PM »
No, it's not what you think.  It actually has to do with you losing money.  If you are thinking of something else you can call me on an individual basis...no phone taps.

Do any of you guys participate in a NCAA Bowl bracket or something similar where bets are placed on the outcome of each bowl game?   I know bowl games are announced on December 2nd and I would like to wager money towards the winners of each game that's scheduled.  I also know there are some already established systems for this, although I've never participated in one.  My preference would be to place my bets through a more trustworthy well-known venture such as this one as opposed to betting through a friend of a friend, if you know what I mean.  Let me know if any of you fools organize something like this or would like to and we can get the first annual TigersX-smoke-a-bowl-a-thon underway---we basically need someone to collect the money to payout at the end and someone who knows a website or something similar that we can bet through.

Here's to spending money during the holiday season     :bar:

I help run one here at the office.  We usually end up having about 40 to 50 folks in it at $10 a pop. 

You pick the winner of every bowl and assign a confidence level amount to how sure your pick is going to win.  if you feel really confident you might place 30 points on it and if you don't you would put one point on it.  You can only use each number one though.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

Thrilla

« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2007, 03:59:21 PM »
That could work.  Unless you want to bring that over here for the TigersX squad.  Maybe at TigersX we would have less than 40-50 people so a buy in could cost more but you have a greater chance at winning.  Depends on 1) if you want to be involved in more than one of these and 2) if the TigersX folks are even up for it.  I also like payouts for 1st, 2nd, and last place, but that also depends on how many people are willing to play.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2007, 06:05:07 PM »
Gambling is illegal at Bushwood, SIR!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2007, 06:08:42 PM »
Actually, I don't mind running one as long as the ground rules are set that if you don't have the money to me by the first game your out. I run some other things and I hate chasing down money.

The best way I think is picking against the spread for all the games and the person with the most wins....wins. Only prizes for 1st and 2nd...who would be interested?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Thrilla

« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2007, 06:22:41 PM »
Actually, I don't mind running one as long as the ground rules are set that if you don't have the money to me by the first game your out. I run some other things and I hate chasing down money.

The best way I think is picking against the spread for all the games and the person with the most wins....wins. Only prizes for 1st and 2nd...who would be interested?

Sounds good to me.  It's heinous to be late with payment, so if it's not in on time, then you're out. Thanks to BK AU...now pony up, men.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Lurking Tiger

• Brother
  • Table Limit
    • Clinton/Obama '08
« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2007, 06:38:38 PM »
I'm in.

I'm going to Las Vegas the day after Christmas for the college bowls. If any of you want me to lay off a bet while I am there, just let me know.

I'm pretty sure the odds on the Pats winning the Superbowl are not choice, but I think I might put something down on them. I'd be happy to add your cash to the total.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

wesfau

• Judicial Chair
  • On a gravy train with biscuit wheels.
« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2007, 07:15:37 PM »
My thoughts on this thread:

1) Change the goddamned title.  It's misleading and, though I enjoy gambling, I was expecting something much different.

2) Which fucking format did we decide to go with?  Who holds the $$?  Who tracks the scoring?  As long as the answers to the "who" questions are "someone other than you, wes" I'm in.

3) What is our bet amount?

4) If you're late, not only are you out but you have to buy the next round at the Highlands when we golf again.

5) The Pats are teh panties right now. 

6) The unfortunate corollary to #5 for me is that Laurence Maroney is the skid mark in teh panties.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Life can really kick your ass.  I only have a vague recollection of when it wasn't kickin' mine.

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
Re: First annual TigersX Bowl Gambling Game Thingy
« Reply #8 on: November 19, 2007, 07:57:55 PM »
Well if I'm running it my vote is All Bowl Games....You pick against the spread...and whoever has the most wins after the 32 games takes the prize. With a second prize awarded.

2 Tie breakers- Total Points in the MNC game, and another game.
Buy in is $20 bucks, sent to me.
I will do a spreadsheet which once everyone makes their picks will be sent out.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Thrilla

« Reply #9 on: November 19, 2007, 08:21:16 PM »
1) Change the goddamned title.  It's misleading and, though I enjoy gambling, I was expecting something much different.

2) Which fucking format did we decide to go with?  Who holds the $$?  Who tracks the scoring?  As long as the answers to the "who" questions are "someone other than you, wes" I'm in.  3) What is our bet amount?

Well if I'm running it my vote is All Bowl Games....You pick against the spread...and whoever has the most wins after the 32 games takes the prize. With a second prize awarded.

2 Tie breakers- Total Points in the MNC game, and another game.
Buy in is $20 bucks, sent to me.
I will do a spreadsheet which once everyone makes their picks will be sent out.

That sounds like an excellent plan.  I knew I could come here for this.

5) The Pats are teh panties right now. 

6) The unfortunate corollary to #5 for me is that Laurence Maroney is the skid mark in teh panties.

LT, I'd like to wager a small sum on the Pats winning the Super Bowl.  Details to follow.

<edited because some dumbasses just can't figure out the quote feature>
« Last Edit: November 20, 2007, 10:15:52 AM by SupperClub »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Jumbo

• Assistant Pledge Master
  • I live on the corner of Epic & Bananas.
« Reply #10 on: November 20, 2007, 03:41:58 AM »
I'm in Brian, come up with a deadline for recieving the cash! :thumbsup:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You'll never shine if you don't glow.

Jumbo

• Assistant Pledge Master
  • I live on the corner of Epic & Bananas.
« Reply #11 on: December 06, 2007, 04:21:53 AM »
I'm in Brian, come up with a deadline for recieving the cash! :thumbsup:
We still on?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You'll never shine if you don't glow.

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #12 on: December 06, 2007, 11:06:54 AM »
yes...I should have all the particulars posted by this weekend.  Just haven't had time. We will be using Caesar's for the spreads and so everyone is clear once I put the spreads up if the line changes it doesn't matter we stick with what the line was.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #13 on: December 06, 2007, 11:16:00 AM »
yes...I should have all the particulars posted by this weekend.  Just haven't had time. We will be using Caesar's for the spreads and so everyone is clear once I put the spreads up if the line changes it doesn't matter we stick with what the line was.

"And I NEVER slice."
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #14 on: December 06, 2007, 11:40:07 AM »
Shit I only posted that 6 months ago, thanks for the backup.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #15 on: December 06, 2007, 11:45:34 AM »
Shit I only posted that 6 months ago, thanks for the backup.

I'm slow but sure.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #16 on: December 06, 2007, 12:01:06 PM »
Thats not what Whitney says...

:rimshot:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #17 on: December 06, 2007, 12:48:49 PM »
Thats not what Whitney says...

:rimshot:

I'm sure I'm always gonna get mine.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #18 on: December 06, 2007, 12:59:27 PM »
Just don't get it in the hair...they don't like that.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #19 on: December 06, 2007, 01:05:06 PM »
Just don't get it in the hair...they don't like that.

After I get rid of it where ever it is then THEIR problem.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions