Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Hard to believe this was 20 years ago...

Hard to believe this was 20 years ago...
« on: September 26, 2008, 05:25:37 PM »
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x2skvp_carlo_sport

September 24, 1988

Reggie Cobb did not play again in this game...matter of fact, I remember him sitting on the Vol bench with a towel draped over his head for the better part of the rest of the game and getting the "Reeeee-gie...Reeee-gie" serenade.

For those of us of a certain age, Tennessee was very similar to what LSU is now...the early gauge of each team's strength.

Time to send the Big Orange and the Great Pumpkin back to Knoxville 1-3.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"If you're looking for sympathy, it's in the dictionary between shit and syphilis."

Pell City Tiger

• Moral Highlander
Re: Hard to believe this was 20 years ago...
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2008, 08:53:37 PM »
That had to be THE hardest hit I've witnessed. Reggie was knocked fucking stupid on that play.

It's funny watching the UT quarterback looking back as he jogs off the field wondering, "Where's Reggie?" He's knocked out, you clod.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2008, 08:56:36 PM by Pell City Tiger »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I stood up, unzipped my pants, lowered my shorts and placed my bare ass on the window. That's the last thing I wanted those people to see of me."

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2008, 10:11:12 PM »
Proud to say I was at that game and watched Carlo "Wheat Toast" Cheatum smoke his ass.

We called him Wheat Toast cause' his complexion looked like a slice of WT.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

War Eagle!!!

• The Original Backwards Hat
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2008, 08:58:00 AM »
We called him Wheat Toast cause' his complexion looked like a slice of WT.

Damn....
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2008, 09:46:36 AM »
It seemed like the entire stadium (or student section, at least, where I was) took a breath right before the hit and then just exploded with noise.

Wheat Toast...never had heard of that nickname for Cheattom.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"If you're looking for sympathy, it's in the dictionary between shit and syphilis."

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2008, 10:55:46 AM »
Uhh. None of us called him that. I guess if you were on defense with him, you might. But those of us on scout team did not want to piss off too many of the guys on the other side.

I was at that game too. RIght behind it in the student section. It was like a bomb went off. Probably one of the best timed hits in college football ever. Cobb had no idea where he was at and UT was rattled.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2008, 11:25:00 AM »
Damn, I'm an old fart. I was there and don't remember the hit.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #7 on: September 27, 2008, 01:06:44 PM »
Uhh. None of us called him that. I guess if you were on defense with him, you might. But those of us on scout team did not want to piss off too many of the guys on the other side.

I was at that game too. RIght behind it in the student section. It was like a bomb went off. Probably one of the best timed hits in college football ever. Cobb had no idea where he was at and UT was rattled.

I didn't say you called him that.  Just me and my buds.  Uhh...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

JohnDeere

• Pledge
« Reply #8 on: September 27, 2008, 01:46:44 PM »
It seemed like the entire stadium (or student section, at least, where I was) took a breath right before the hit and then just exploded with noise.

Wheat Toast...never had heard of that nickname for Cheattom.

Hello Sheffield Alabama.

If that play were to happen today......1, it would be reviewed....2, the review would take 10 minutes....3, it would be overturned and declared not a catch (Note: I know it was a catch, the kid took three steps and got knocked out, but I have seen more monster hits like that be overturned on the catch)
« Last Edit: September 27, 2008, 02:07:37 PM by JohnDeere »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions