Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Shiny Ribs

War Eagle!!!

• The Original Backwards Hat
Shiny Ribs
« on: March 02, 2018, 08:31:41 AM »
I was in a hotel the other night and couldn't sleep so I was flipping through the channels. I saw an Austin City Limits show on PBS so I stopped to see if it was anyone I knew. It wasn't. I was about to turn it, but the music was pretty decent so I watched a little more. The music ended up being pretty damn good, and the lead singer was awesome. He was this old dude and he was a bad ass. He played the mandolin and the guitar. Dude could jam. Falling on the floor while playing, dancing around, closed wearing a lighted cape...everything.

The name of the band is Shiny Ribs, and I immediately looked them up because I want to go see them. It looks like a fun concert to go to. I also went and checked out some of his music. Pretty good stuff out there.

If you are looking for a good hour to spend, I recommend you watching the whole Austin City Limits hour long show. Here is is closing song with the lighted cape:

« Last Edit: March 02, 2018, 08:33:29 AM by War Eagle!!! »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
Re: Shiny Ribs
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2018, 08:58:27 AM »
I thought this was a post about a Dreamland ant.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2018, 12:55:04 PM »
His name is Shiny Ribs. He does a lot solo, or I guess still does.

He was in a band called the Gourds. I think you’d like their cover of Gin and Juice and a song Shiny Ribs wrote called burn the honeysuckle. Try it out.

And oh yeah. He’s badass.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2018, 12:56:47 PM by WiregrassTiger »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

WiregrassTiger

« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2018, 01:02:43 PM »
I was in a hotel the other night and couldn't sleep so I was flipping through the channels. I saw an Austin City Limits show on PBS so I stopped to see if it was anyone I knew. It wasn't. I was about to turn it, but the music was pretty decent so I watched a little more. The music ended up being pretty damn good, and the lead singer was awesome. He was this old dude and he was a bad ass. He played the mandolin and the guitar. Dude could jam. Falling on the floor while playing, dancing around, closed wearing a lighted cape...everything.

The name of the band is Shiny Ribs, and I immediately looked them up because I want to go see them. It looks like a fun concert to go to. I also went and checked out some of his music. Pretty good stuff out there.

If you are looking for a good hour to spend, I recommend you watching the whole Austin City Limits hour long show. Here is is closing song with the lighted cape:

Is your video password protected?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2018, 01:16:10 PM »
I thought this was a post about BBQ ribs that were just slathered with sauce!

How disappointing.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

WiregrassTiger

« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2018, 01:25:14 PM »
See I’m disappointed now. Before I saw the video, from reading your post, I thought they lit his cape on fire while he was playing.

That would’ve been real badass.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

War Eagle!!!

• The Original Backwards Hat
« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2018, 01:47:29 PM »
His name is Shiny Ribs. He does a lot solo, or I guess still does.

He was in a band called the Gourds. I think you’d like their cover of Gin and Juice and a song Shiny Ribs wrote called burn the honeysuckle. Try it out.

And oh yeah. He’s badass.
I know the Gourds and that song. I had no idea this guy was a part of that band. Good stuff.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

WiregrassTiger

« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2018, 02:13:16 PM »
I know the Gourds and that song. I had no idea this guy was a part of that band. Good stuff.
I thought you had good taste in music. This confirms.
But if you ever get caught in a situation with Snags and Cctau and go parking, you realize that you’ll be the odd man out when the hand holding starts.
It’ll be Luke Bryan on the radio.
Tough price to pay for good taste.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2018, 02:16:22 PM »
I thought you had good taste in music. This confirms.
But if you ever get caught in a situation with Snags and Cctau and go parking, you realize that you’ll be the odd man out when the hand holding starts.
It’ll be Luke Bryan on the radio.
Tough price to pay for good taste.
It'll never happen!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

WiregrassTiger

« Reply #9 on: March 02, 2018, 02:20:24 PM »
You’ve prolly heard this one but for the less cultured, I share this:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions