Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Something I never thought I'd say...

JR4AU

Re: Something I never thought I'd say...
« Reply #80 on: March 29, 2018, 01:06:26 PM »
Is it time for spring football yet?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #81 on: March 29, 2018, 01:40:21 PM »
Is it time for spring football yet?
Its not even spring yet!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #82 on: March 30, 2018, 10:56:57 AM »
Center, Nick Brahms, out with a broken leg.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #83 on: March 30, 2018, 11:00:24 AM »
Center, Nick Brahms, out with a broken leg.
Breaks heal faster and stronger than knees.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #84 on: March 30, 2018, 12:35:21 PM »
Breaks heal faster and stronger than knees.
Sidetrack.  
Watched Friday Night Lights (movie) again the other night.  TV series can kiss my ass.  I’d read the book (four or five times) and didn’t see any way a movie could capture its essence.  But it by damn did.  Great movie.  Just a fantastic film. If you ever coached high school ball you know every one of those characters. And you know it rings true.  
Look for a half naked amber heard in her first film role midway through.  
The scene where Boobie Miles packs up his gear and gets back in the car with L.V.?  I’ve seen it multiple times.  I know it’s coming. And still it breaks me.  Chokes me up.  Bad. 
I wonder if that injury would ruin his career today as it did in 1988?  
Did a little research.  Boobie had a rough life. Ballooned up to over 400 pounds.  Did time in prison.  He got a grand total of $1000 for his story being in print and his life immortalized on film.  
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #85 on: April 07, 2018, 12:50:20 AM »
At least he’s not going hungry.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #86 on: April 07, 2018, 02:40:54 PM »
A-Day game is upon us...3pm SEC Network 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #87 on: April 07, 2018, 11:02:53 PM »
^^^Insider.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #88 on: April 08, 2018, 12:41:38 AM »
Willis sucked.  Gatewood is as ready for prime time as I am. Horrible!!!  Willis could be a Nick Marshall clone if he could hit the broad side of my ass.  Kadril Frazha bad.  I left at halftime wondering why in the hayull I would drive over 2 hours to see that shit. What the hell is wrong with Malik Willis hitting wide open receivers?  Awful.  Whitlow is a playa.  Our D is top 10 in America.  Leg-A-Tron's brother is better than he was at this point.  Strong, accurate leg.  Outside of that, this was shitty ball.   
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #89 on: April 08, 2018, 12:43:36 AM »
So Sean white is coming back?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #90 on: April 09, 2018, 01:34:46 PM »
Willis sucked.  Gatewood is as ready for prime time as I am. Horrible!!!  Willis could be a Nick Marshall clone if he could hit the broad side of my ass.  Kadril Frazha bad.  I left at halftime wondering why in the hayull I would drive over 2 hours to see that shit. What the hell is wrong with Malik Willis hitting wide open receivers?  Awful.  Whitlow is a playa.  Our D is top 10 in America.  Leg-A-Tron's brother is better than he was at this point.  Strong, accurate leg.  Outside of that, this was shitty ball.  
Gus was pleased. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #91 on: April 09, 2018, 02:29:16 PM »
Gus was pleased.
I saw that and I was all like WUUUUUT?  As I've said before, I stopped reading anything into Spring games a long time ago.  At least as far as gauging how a team will look in the Fall.  But individually, you can get a feel for how that person will do.  If a DB gets his ass beat deep over and over....problem.  If a WR drops ball after ball....problem.  If a QB overthrows wide open receivers on all routes, long and short....big problem.  Maybe it was in fact, an off day.  Okay, I can live with that.  I think it's more the fact that I've had some high hopes for the kid.  He's looked like all he needs is some experience and he may be pretty damn good.  I wouldn't trust what I saw Saturday against Alabama State.  At least not throwing the ball.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #92 on: April 09, 2018, 02:53:19 PM »
When does basketball season start?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #93 on: April 09, 2018, 09:14:40 PM »
I saw that and I was all like WUUUUUT?  As I've said before, I stopped reading anything into Spring games a long time ago.  At least as far as gauging how a team will look in the Fall.  But individually, you can get a feel for how that person will do.  If a DB gets his ass beat deep over and over....problem.  If a WR drops ball after ball....problem.  If a QB overthrows wide open receivers on all routes, long and short....big problem.  Maybe it was in fact, an off day.  Okay, I can live with that.  I think it's more the fact that I've had some high hopes for the kid.  He's looked like all he needs is some experience and he may be pretty damn good.  I wouldn't trust what I saw Saturday against Alabama State.  At least not throwing the ball.
I watched the replay. You way over exaggerated!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #94 on: April 10, 2018, 12:15:43 AM »
I watched the replay. You way over exaggerated!
Nope.  They're writing articles about how bad he was.  He was 8-20 for 45 yards.  In a Spring Game.  Dude.  Neil Caudle was 19-21.  He wasn't going against the 1st team D.  8-20 for 45 yards.  I "way over exaggerated"?  No, he "way overthrew" every open receiver.

I said the guy could be a Nick Marshall clone.  He's that talented.  But if he can't hit a wide open WR 12 yard away from him... 
« Last Edit: April 10, 2018, 12:26:01 AM by Snaggletiger »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #95 on: April 10, 2018, 12:21:40 AM »
Nope.  They're writing articles about how bad he was.
He was no Stidham, but he got the ball close enough to be caught most of the time. And he stepped up in the pocket well. He is not a passer. He is a runner and he looked to have come a long way in the passing dept. if 81 could actually catch a damn ball...
Sure he looked out of place. But he was being asked to pocket pass: 
Also, Gatewood looked pretty damn good for what I’ve seen of him before.
Neither are close to being ready, but it’s not the shitfest you said. If A day was live and the option was in play, it would have looked much different.  
No way we can judge the othe QBs against Stidham. Two totally different animals.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #96 on: April 10, 2018, 12:33:05 AM »
I think Willis is potentially a great talent.  I really do and I've said it before.  But Saturday was about one thing.  Passing.  The "option" was not an option.  And he looked horrible.  You HAVE to be able to do both with this offense.  Nick Marshall could.  He could hit receivers with enough consistency to make what he did as a runner...lethal.  Willis looks great with the option.  If he doesn't improve his passing, he's an afterthought.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #97 on: April 10, 2018, 12:36:57 AM »
Had Nick marshall gone through spring before his first season, we would have all puked.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #98 on: April 10, 2018, 12:43:14 AM »
Had Nick marshall gone through spring before his first season, we would have all puked.
Saw him live in the scrimmage on the day he was named starting QB.  He was heads and tails above Jeremy Johnson and all others.  Quick.  Accurate.  Easily won the job and gave you reason to believe we had something at QB. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #99 on: April 13, 2018, 11:00:42 AM »
Agree with Snags about Willis he couldn't complete a phone call.

I liked what I saw in Gatewood, the potential is definitely there (if our coaches don't fuck him up) I just think he is green, really green.

Just pray to God that Stidham doesn't get hurt otherwise......

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum