Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

What's For Dinner? And Other Random Musings.

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
Re: What's For Dinner? And Other Random Musings.
« Reply #40 on: July 24, 2018, 08:05:27 PM »
Dothan has about 300 restaurants. Probably 280 of those are some sort of franchise.  Bottom line, it's hard to find a real chef in this town.  There are; however, 2-3 go-to places where you can guarantee yourself a serious culinary experience.  This weekend, Snagette and I hit one of them and I ordered something I've only tried one other time in my life, Redfish.  Surprising as much as I love seafood, but I guess it's just not a common menu item, especially not around here.  But this place had blackened Redfish so I ordered that with smashed garlic potatoes and sautéed spinach.  GAWT.....DAMN!!!  Jizz-worthy to say the least.

I don't recall much about the first time I tried it but that piece of Redfish was good enough for Jehovah. A little drier, flakier fish.  Anyone had much of teh Redfishes?
My youngest caught a couple about 2 weeks ago. Actually, in the river. I just gutted, cleaned and grilled with lemon juice and some Tony’s. Slow on a stone in the Poor folks egg. It was fine stuff.

surprised you haven’t had it more often. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #41 on: July 24, 2018, 08:16:11 PM »
My youngest caught a couple about 2 weeks ago. Actually, in the river. I just gutted, cleaned and grilled with lemon juice and some Tony’s. Slow on a stone in the Poor folks egg. It was fine stuff.

surprised you haven’t had it more often.
Sounds mighty fine.  I've just never come across it on a menu and as many times as I've been salt water fishing, I've never caught a red.  Only went once where we targeted reds but only filled the cooler with Sheepshead.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #42 on: July 24, 2018, 10:53:43 PM »
Dothan has about 300 restaurants. Probably 280 of those are some sort of franchise.  Bottom line, it's hard to find a real chef in this town.  There are; however, 2-3 go-to places where you can guarantee yourself a serious culinary experience.  This weekend, Snagette and I hit one of them and I ordered something I've only tried one other time in my life, Redfish.  Surprising as much as I love seafood, but I guess it's just not a common menu item, especially not around here.  But this place had blackened Redfish so I ordered that with smashed garlic potatoes and sautéed spinach.  GAWT.....DAMN!!!  Jizz-worthy to say the least.

I don't recall much about the first time I tried it but that piece of Redfish was good enough for Jehovah. A little drier, flakier fish.  Anyone had much of teh Redfishes?
It's tough to find because (in FL at least) it's a true line-caught fish with a very strict min/max size.

Was first made famous in NO by Paul K and his blackened redfish promptly became the gold standard.

It's delish, you just got really lucky finding it in a restaurant these days. 

If you wanna come catch 'em yo-own-damn-self I have a buddy down toward your fave stretch of the beach that will (in an wholly unlicensed and wink-wink-nudge-nudge charter) run your ass all around the bay chasing 'em.  He's also very likely to get you knee-walking drunk on scotch in the process.  If that's your thing.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #43 on: July 25, 2018, 12:12:28 AM »
It's tough to find because (in FL at least) it's a true line-caught fish with a very strict min/max size.

Was first made famous in NO by Paul K and his blackened redfish promptly became the gold standard.

If you wanna come catch 'em yo-own-damn-self I have a buddy down toward your fave stretch of the beach that will (in an wholly unlicensed and wink-wink-nudge-nudge charter) run your ass all around the bay chasing 'em.  He's also very likely to get you knee-walking drunk on scotch in the process.  If that's your thing.
This...is one of the more solid culinary and overall posts ever submitted on this site.  I'm on it.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #44 on: July 25, 2018, 10:30:49 AM »

And I'm proud that one of those 3 is the Chow King. Top notch Guatemalans back there on that on demand hibachi grill. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #45 on: July 25, 2018, 10:32:44 AM »

Caught a shit load of them last time out on the bay. They are very good. Still have some in the freezer. I know I know cardinal sin freezing em. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

« Reply #46 on: July 25, 2018, 04:55:30 PM »
My favorite pub and eats place here on Pensacola Beach serves it when grouper is gone. They do all the regular cooking. My favorite is the red fish bites. Lightly breaded and fried with a basket of tater tots covered in cheese, bacon bits and jalepenos. Washes down great with fine burbunz. Minus the dcp.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #47 on: July 25, 2018, 09:30:57 PM »
My favorite pub and eats place here on Pensacola Beach serves it when grouper is gone. They do all the regular cooking. My favorite is the red fish bites. Lightly breaded and fried with a basket of tater tots covered in cheese, bacon bits and jalepenos. Washes down great with fine burbunz. Minus the dcp.
I read your post slowly, getting lathered up with each successive culinary description.  I was worked up to the edge of mind blowing food orgasm....then your last 3 words translated into, "I'm on my period."

Damn your teasing ways.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #48 on: July 25, 2018, 09:59:48 PM »
I read your post slowly, getting lathered up with each successive culinary description.  I was worked up to the edge of mind blowing food orgasm....then your last 3 words translated into, "I'm on my period."

Damn your teasing ways.
Ummmm....fuck georgia?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #49 on: July 25, 2018, 11:54:40 PM »
Ummmm....fuck georgia?
Okay, all is forgiven.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #50 on: July 26, 2018, 12:15:11 AM »
Okay, all is forgiven.
But I did fuck Georgia. She was the first ex wife... Okay I didn't fuck her. Everybody else did tho.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions