Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

What's For Dinner? And Other Random Musings.

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
Re: What's For Dinner? And Other Random Musings.
« Reply #20 on: May 30, 2018, 12:14:39 PM »
Despite the fact that Alberto was dumping lots of water all over my house Monday, I got some serious baby backs done.  Wasn't that bad though because I go low and slow in the oven for 4 hours before finishing them on the grill.

I rub my meat down real good.  Then I take the ribs out of the pack and put some rub on them too.  I wrap them in foil but douse them in teh Wosters to keep them moist during the cooking.  In the oven at 210 for 4 hours.  That puts them right at fallin' off the bone status.  Slather them up with the Secret Snags Sauce and put them on the grill for a few minutes each side to caramelize the sauce.

Several years ago, I got to Joe's tailgate early just to watch him make his beans.  I can't recall all his ingredients but I do a variation of what he does.  I brown some hamburger meat, add diced onions, then the beans, yellow mustard and brown sugar.
Very nice.

Actually just kept it simple at my place. Dogs and burgers with baked beans and chips. Wasn't planning anything too crazy with the weather being so nuts.

But what about dcp ?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #21 on: May 30, 2018, 01:02:56 PM »
Despite the fact that Alberto was dumping lots of water all over my house Monday, I got some serious baby backs done.  Wasn't that bad though because I go low and slow in the oven for 4 hours before finishing them on the grill.

I rub my meat down real good.  Then I take the ribs out of the pack and put some rub on them too.  I wrap them in foil but douse them in teh Wosters to keep them moist during the cooking.  In the oven at 210 for 4 hours.  That puts them right at fallin' off the bone status.  Slather them up with the Secret Snags Sauce and put them on the grill for a few minutes each side to caramelize the sauce.

Several years ago, I got to Joe's tailgate early just to watch him make his beans.  I can't recall all his ingredients but I do a variation of what he does.  I brown some hamburger meat, add diced onions, then the beans, yellow mustard and brown sugar.
You know Alberto too? The gay Mexican roofer?
I know him too. But he just did my roof. Didn’t dump all over my house.
I don’t know him in that way.  Not that there’s anything wrong with that
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #22 on: May 30, 2018, 02:33:48 PM »
Very nice.

Actually just kept it simple at my place. Dogs and burgers with baked beans and chips. Wasn't planning anything too crazy with the weather being so nuts.

But what about dcp ?
Yes.  I let it socialize with some Gentleman Jack and a few of their chilly friends.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

GH2001

« Reply #23 on: May 30, 2018, 04:21:23 PM »
Yes.  I let it socialize with some Gentleman Jack and a few of their chilly friends.
You complete me 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

WiregrassTiger

« Reply #24 on: May 31, 2018, 10:09:21 AM »
You complete me
Sounds like he’s about to do more than complete you.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

« Reply #25 on: May 31, 2018, 11:12:24 AM »
Sounds like he’s about to do more than complete you.
He's gonna hit up Kaos' happy ending joint in gulf shores. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #26 on: June 03, 2018, 03:00:17 PM »
And other musings....

I don't eat very many sweets.  I might have a slice of pie or cake 2-3 times a year, if that.  Not that I don't like sweets. Love em'.  But I try to eat healthy most of the time and that's just one thing that I've conditioned myself to forego.  Would rather splurge on pizza or other people's fries....or wine. 

Coming back from the ATL today driving through Eufaula, there's a place called Donut King.  Hole in the wall donut joint.  Snagette has raved about them for years.  She made me stop.  We picked up a dozen donut holes, more like donut wads.  They had just gotten them out of the fryer and bagged em' up.  We got to the car and I thought, WTH.  Give me one.

Peeps, when you bite into something and involuntarily blurt out, "Oh shit", you know you've stumbled on something special. When Snagette stopped laughing and saying I told you so, I said, "I now know what heroin is like."

Do yourself a favor if you ever happen to be going through Eufaula, Alabama on the way somewhere.  Hit up the Donut King and get something glazed and hot.   

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

WiregrassTiger

« Reply #27 on: June 03, 2018, 03:23:56 PM »
And other musings....

I don't eat very many sweets.  I might have a slice of pie or cake 2-3 times a year, if that.  Not that I don't like sweets. Love em'.  But I try to eat healthy most of the time and that's just one thing that I've conditioned myself to forego.  Would rather splurge on pizza or other people's fries....or wine.

Coming back from the ATL today driving through Eufaula, there's a place called Donut King.  Hole in the wall donut joint.  Snagette has raved about them for years.  She made me stop.  We picked up a dozen donut holes, more like donut wads.  They had just gotten them out of the fryer and bagged em' up.  We got to the car and I thought, WTH.  Give me one.

Peeps, when you bite into something and involuntarily blurt out, "Oh shit", you know you've stumbled on something special. When Snagette stopped laughing and saying I told you so, I said, "I now know what heroin is like."

Do yourself a favor if you ever happen to be going through Eufaula, Alabama on the way somewhere.  Hit up the Donut King and get something glazed and hot.  

It is good that you are so cute conscious re: the healthy eating.
I remember what you looked like real fat.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jmar

« Reply #28 on: June 14, 2018, 10:40:39 AM »
Describe these donut wads. 
Gotta new deep fryer just itching to make some fat guy food.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #29 on: June 14, 2018, 11:14:02 AM »
Heading to the beaches of orange a week from Saturday.  Please to be reminding me of some good places to get anything from donuts to Ahi Tuna that are your go-to spots.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

GH2001

« Reply #30 on: June 14, 2018, 11:19:48 AM »
Heading to the beaches of orange a week from Saturday.  Please to be reminding me of some good places to get anything from donuts to Ahi Tuna that are your go-to spots.
One thing I've learned. Esp about the beachez. There is not more than 1-2 places that people will have a consensus on that is good to eat. If one person loves it, another 2 hate it. And vice versa. 

Capt Andersons and Margaritaville are those two places.

/end thread. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #31 on: June 14, 2018, 11:36:37 AM »
Fin & Fork was outstanding.  So was Louisiana Lagniappe. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #32 on: June 14, 2018, 02:04:32 PM »
Fin & Fork was outstanding.  So was Louisiana Lagniappe.
I loves me some Lagniappe.  I will have to try Fin & Fork this trip.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #33 on: June 14, 2018, 02:56:59 PM »
I loves me some Lagniappe.  I will have to try Fin & Fork this trip.
Take just a bit of the K-K-Ca$h with you.  Entrees are going to run in the $20-$25 range, which actually, is about the norm these days down at the beach.  
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #34 on: June 14, 2018, 03:21:01 PM »
Take just a bit of the K-K-Ca$h with you.  Entrees are going to run in the $20-$25 range, which actually, is about the norm these days down at the beach. 
Yessir.  I don't have wiregrass money, but the bank says I can eat out a few times as long as they keep the title to my life for another 65 years.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #35 on: June 14, 2018, 03:34:15 PM »
Yessir.  I don't have wiregrass money, but the bank says I can eat out a few times as long as they keep the title to my life for another 65 years.
I was down there with my brother and sister and their spouses. We took turns selecting the restaurant and paying for everyone's meal.  They selected the two listed above.  I picked Larry's House of Tacos & T-Shirt Emporium. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #36 on: July 07, 2018, 11:05:19 PM »
Appetizer. This is the 4th time I've made this in the last year and it has been cleaned out every time, including tonight.

Garlicky Shrimp Dip.

Sautee 3 minced garlic cloves, 1 pound of peeled shrimp in 2 TBSP of EVOO.  Salt and pepper to taste.  Cook for maybe 3 minutes until the shrimp is pink and firm. 

Heat the oven to 350 and mix together 1 cup of shredded Mozzarella, 1 cup of shredded Parmesan, 8 oz. softened cream cheese, 1/2 cup mayo and a dash of lemon juice.  Of course, I added a good portion of Frank's Hot Sauce. 

Chop up the shrimp into small chunks and add the shrimp/garlic mixture.  Get it stirred up good and pour into a baking dish.  25 minutes at 350 then add a little cheese to the top and broil for 2-3 minutes to get some char on the top. 

Put it out with some Town House crackers.  Sit back and wait for highest of praise for your culinary sklillz. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #37 on: July 15, 2018, 04:03:40 PM »
You're over cooking your shrimp.  Marinate them with oil and garlic (a little white wine might be nice), but don't cook them before you bake.  25 mins in the oven is pleeeeeennnnnnty.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #38 on: July 15, 2018, 05:21:22 PM »
You're over cooking your shrimp.  Marinate them with oil and garlic (a little white wine might be nice), but don't cook them before you bake.  25 mins in the oven is pleeeeeennnnnnty.
Yeah, I thought the recipe called for a little overkill on the shrimp too, but fortunately it's always turned out good. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #39 on: July 24, 2018, 04:17:45 PM »
Dothan has about 300 restaurants. Probably 280 of those are some sort of franchise.  Bottom line, it's hard to find a real chef in this town.  There are; however, 2-3 go-to places where you can guarantee yourself a serious culinary experience.  This weekend, Snagette and I hit one of them and I ordered something I've only tried one other time in my life, Redfish.  Surprising as much as I love seafood, but I guess it's just not a common menu item, especially not around here.  But this place had blackened Redfish so I ordered that with smashed garlic potatoes and sautéed spinach.  GAWT.....DAMN!!!  Jizz-worthy to say the least.

I don't recall much about the first time I tried it but that piece of Redfish was good enough for Jehovah. A little drier, flakier fish.  Anyone had much of teh Redfishes? 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions