Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Purifoy and Wiley out indefinitly

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
Re: Purifoy and Wiley out indefinitly
« Reply #20 on: February 23, 2018, 09:06:09 AM »
So, what does the NCAA do with this information, if anything?  I think it has zero effect on any team or player.  Unless the FBI has shared anything concrete with the NCAA, this is nothing more than names on a piece of paper.  Many of these guys are already gone to the NBA or out of basketball.  And if the NCAA decides to move on it, it will still be 3-4 years before they come to any decisions. 

Meanwhile, Purifoy and Wiley continue to watch from the sidelines.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

jmar

« Reply #21 on: February 23, 2018, 09:19:54 AM »
So, what does the NCAA do with this information, if anything?  I think it has zero effect on any team or player.  Unless the FBI has shared anything concrete with the NCAA, this is nothing more than names on a piece of paper.  Many of these guys are already gone to the NBA or out of basketball.  And if the NCAA decides to move on it, it will still be 3-4 years before they come to any decisions. 

Meanwhile, Purifoy and Wiley continue to watch from the sidelines.
You said it so much better.
How weak is this entity (NCAA) and do they pick and choose who and how they punish... if at all?
And how can the exposure of so many be punished by any equitable means... by the amount of the bribe or payoff? 
« Last Edit: February 23, 2018, 09:32:44 AM by jmar »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #22 on: February 23, 2018, 09:20:18 AM »
Yahoo article out naming names.  No sacred cows, apparently.

Auburn is mentioned in passing at the end of the article to mention Chuck and the two ineligible players.

https://sports.yahoo.com/exclusive-federal-documents-detail-sweeping-potential-ncaa-violations-involving-high-profile-players-schools-103338484.html

Cumbersome sort of. On one hand, with Auburn not being mentioned one would think Wiley and Purifoy should be playing and is a bit aggravating. On the other hand, with Pearsons being mentioned and not really implicating Auburn one would think Pearls job is safe.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #23 on: February 23, 2018, 10:36:19 AM »
NCAA president Mark Emmert released a statement Friday morning to address the latest developments in the corruption probe.

“These allegations, if true, point to systematic failures that must be fixed and fixed now if we want college sports in America. Simply put, people who engage in this kind of behavior have no place in college sports. They are an affront to all those who play by the rules,” the statement read. “Following the Southern District of New York’s indictments last year, the NCAA Board of Governors and I formed the independent Commission on College Basketball, chaired by Condoleezza Rice, to provide recommendations on how to clean up the sport. With these latest allegations, it’s clear this work is more important now than ever. The Board and I are completely committed to making transformational changes to the game and ensuring all involved in college basketball do so with integrity. We also will continue to cooperate with the efforts of federal prosecutors to identify and punish the unscrupulous parties seeking to exploit the system through criminal acts.”

:bugs:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #24 on: February 23, 2018, 11:01:39 AM »
NCAA president Mark Emmert released a statement Friday morning to address the latest developments in the corruption probe.

“These allegations, if true, point to systematic failures that must be fixed and fixed now if we want college sports in America. Simply put, people who engage in this kind of behavior have no place in college sports. They are an affront to all those who play by the rules,” the statement read. “Following the Southern District of New York’s indictments last year, the NCAA Board of Governors and I formed the independent Commission on College Basketball, chaired by Condoleezza Rice, to provide recommendations on how to clean up the sport. With these latest allegations, it’s clear this work is more important now than ever. The Board and I are completely committed to making transformational changes to the game and ensuring all involved in college basketball do so with integrity. We also will continue to cooperate with the efforts of federal prosecutors to identify and punish the unscrupulous parties seeking to exploit the system through criminal acts.”

:bugs:

Please tell me this is satire.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

jmar

« Reply #25 on: February 23, 2018, 11:38:34 AM »
Emmert is weak as water as are his statements. The fact that he was notified of the abuses at Michigan State and failed to act (yes, even being new on the job) only proves it.
The abuses continued as he logged time at his overblown position and he did nothing.
A commission needs to be formed to oppose his proposal.
It's satire. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #26 on: February 23, 2018, 04:12:33 PM »
It made me laugh
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.