Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Didn't See That Coming

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
Didn't See That Coming
« on: February 08, 2018, 11:22:49 AM »
Sometimes, you run across a story and have to ask WTF? Not that I had any illusions about Pryor.  I knew the guy loved him some drugs.  Plus, he was one funny mofo.  Don't know why but this one kind of threw me for a loop, as did his widow's account of it.  Saw it on teh Fox's

One of the more stunning claims in Quincy Jones’ recent interview with Vulture magazine has reportedly been confirmed by the widow of comedian Richard Pryor.

Jones claims in the interview that Pryor was among the sex partners of “Godfather” actor Marlon Brando.

“Brando used to go cha-cha dancing with us,” Jones told Vulture. He could dance his a— off. He was the most charming mother f---er you ever met. He’d f--- anything. Anything! He’d f--- a mailbox. James Baldwin. Richard Pryor. Marvin Gaye.”

After the Vulture story appeared, Jennifer Pryor told TMZ that the part about Brando and Pryor was true.

“It was the ’70s!,” Jennifer Pryor told TMZ. “Drugs were still good, especially Quaaludes. If you did enough cocaine, you’d f--- a radiator and send it flowers in the morning.”

She said her late husband was always open with friends about his bisexuality, and documented his exploits in his diaries – adding that she plans to publish the diaries later this year.

Richard Pryor died in December 2005 at age 65. His problems with drugs included an infamous event in 1980, in which he set himself on fire after freebasing cocaine and suffered burns over more than half his body.

Brando died in July 2004 at age 80. He had relationships with numerous women over the years and fathered at least nine children – with some reports saying he fathered 11 or 12. According to the New York Daily News, he acknowledged having homosexual relationships in the biography, "Marlon Brando: The Only Contender."
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
Re: Didn't See That Coming
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2018, 12:47:52 PM »
Sometimes, you run across a story and have to ask WTF? Not that I had any illusions about Pryor.  I knew the guy loved him some drugs.  Plus, he was one funny mofo.  Don't know why but this one kind of threw me for a loop, as did his widow's account of it.  Saw it on teh Fox's

One of the more stunning claims in Quincy Jones’ recent interview with Vulture magazine has reportedly been confirmed by the widow of comedian Richard Pryor.

Jones claims in the interview that Pryor was among the sex partners of “Godfather” actor Marlon Brando.

“Brando used to go cha-cha dancing with us,” Jones told Vulture. He could dance his a— off. He was the most charming mother f---er you ever met. He’d f--- anything. Anything! He’d f--- a mailbox. James Baldwin. Richard Pryor. Marvin Gaye.”

After the Vulture story appeared, Jennifer Pryor told TMZ that the part about Brando and Pryor was true.

“It was the ’70s!,” Jennifer Pryor told TMZ. “Drugs were still good, especially Quaaludes. If you did enough cocaine, you’d f--- a radiator and send it flowers in the morning.”

She said her late husband was always open with friends about his bisexuality, and documented his exploits in his diaries – adding that she plans to publish the diaries later this year.

Richard Pryor died in December 2005 at age 65. His problems with drugs included an infamous event in 1980, in which he set himself on fire after freebasing cocaine and suffered burns over more than half his body.

Brando died in July 2004 at age 80. He had relationships with numerous women over the years and fathered at least nine children – with some reports saying he fathered 11 or 12. According to the New York Daily News, he acknowledged having homosexual relationships in the biography, "Marlon Brando: The Only Contender."

Well...

Now The Godfather is ruined. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2018, 01:23:24 PM »
Well...

I know.  Giving the high, hard one to a mail box is just plain weird.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2018, 01:42:15 PM »
Well...

Sorry but I feel the same way about him as wes does about John Wayne. I've never seen the acting genius in him everyone else did. Godfather was good anyway.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

jmar

« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2018, 01:47:10 PM »
Sorry but I feel the same way about him as wes does about John Wayne. I've never seen the acting genius in him everyone else did. Godfather was good anyway.
John Wayne could fuck a mailbox like nobody's business.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2018, 02:12:24 PM »
John Wayne could fuck a mailbox like nobody's business.

Oatmeal and hot dogs. I hate cats.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2018, 09:15:24 PM »

I thought Brando sucked as an actor.  Frankly, he was the worst part of The Godfather.  I know Coppola thought it was brilliant, but stuffing cotton in his cheeks looked and sounded like he had cotton stuffed in his cheeks. 

It could have been a very different movie. 

Burt Lancaster, Laurence Olivier, Anthony Quinn and Orson Welles were all in various stages of discussion for the role Brando got.  Sinatra's wormy ass begged for it.  I'd have honestly been okay with James Mason (although his voice might have been too off for the role). 

According to what I read, they offered the Michael role to Jack Nicholson and Dustin Hoffman (and possibly Burt Reynolds) before settling on Pacino -- who Coppola wanted most in the role. Martin Sheen, Robert Redford, Warren Beatty and Ryan O'Neill all allegedly tried for it as well.  Paul Newman supposedly wanted the Tom Hagen part. 

Would it have been the same movie with Welles as Vito, Nicholson as Michael, Redford as Michael, Newman as Hagen and Anthony Perkins as Sonny? 

There were really only a couple of parts I thought were miscast.  I didn't like James Caan in the Sonny role.  He didn't look the part.  I also wasn't a fan of Kaye.  Diane Keaton also didn't fit the part to me.  I didn't like her even a little bit.  That role could have gone to somebody much better than her. 

http://entertainment.time.com/2012/03/15/the-anniversary-you-cant-refuse-40-things-you-didnt-know-about-the-godfather/slide/very-few-people-wanted-al-pacino-for-michael/

Lots of interesting stuff here.  I don't want to think about Vito Corleone with Richard Pryor's schnob dangling from his jaw, ok?  Can we just stop talking about it? 
« Last Edit: February 08, 2018, 09:20:34 PM by Kaos »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2018, 09:49:07 PM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

« Reply #8 on: February 09, 2018, 07:31:37 AM »
I thought Brando sucked as an actor.  Frankly, he was the worst part of The Godfather.  I know Coppola thought it was brilliant, but stuffing cotton in his cheeks looked and sounded like he had cotton stuffed in his cheeks. 

It could have been a very different movie. 

Burt Lancaster, Laurence Olivier, Anthony Quinn and Orson Welles were all in various stages of discussion for the role Brando got.  Sinatra's wormy ass begged for it.  I'd have honestly been okay with James Mason (although his voice might have been too off for the role). 

According to what I read, they offered the Michael role to Jack Nicholson and Dustin Hoffman (and possibly Burt Reynolds) before settling on Pacino -- who Coppola wanted most in the role. Martin Sheen, Robert Redford, Warren Beatty and Ryan O'Neill all allegedly tried for it as well.  Paul Newman supposedly wanted the Tom Hagen part. 

Would it have been the same movie with Welles as Vito, Nicholson as Michael, Redford as Michael, Newman as Hagen and Anthony Perkins as Sonny? 

There were really only a couple of parts I thought were miscast.  I didn't like James Caan in the Sonny role.  He didn't look the part.  I also wasn't a fan of Kaye.  Diane Keaton also didn't fit the part to me.  I didn't like her even a little bit.  That role could have gone to somebody much better than her. 

http://entertainment.time.com/2012/03/15/the-anniversary-you-cant-refuse-40-things-you-didnt-know-about-the-godfather/slide/very-few-people-wanted-al-pacino-for-michael/

Lots of interesting stuff here.  I don't want to think about Vito Corleone with Richard Pryor's schnob dangling from his jaw, ok?  Can we just stop talking about it?

I like Pacino as Michael much more than Brando as....well, anyone but Col. Kurtz (also a Coppola choice) which was right up his alley as a weird sociopath. Even in that one he was upstaged by Duvall.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE