Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

For Old Times Sake

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
For Old Times Sake
« on: February 06, 2018, 10:53:20 PM »
Came home from work and had supper, did a few things around the house and sat down to flip through the channels and see if anything catches my interest.  Came across Turner Classics and a movie called Air Force was cranking up. 

Now, I realize this will not resonate with 99% of you.  But to find an old, black & white WWII flick is like gold to me.  Countless nights spent with my pops watching old war movies. (And Braves games)  Yeah, everyone's least favorite actor, John Wayne, was in many of them.  Screw you.  I love The Duke. 

This movie was particularly unique in that it was the very first propaganda movie put out during WWII.  Released in 1943, it was about a B-17 Bomber group headed to Hawaii at the same time the Japs (Yes, they said "Filthy Japs" countless times) were attacking Pearl.  Very overdone.  Extremely cheesy.  Unbelievably entertaining.  I found myself sitting in the same spot on the couch for 2 hours watching this masterpiece.  Toy war ships being blown up.  Gunners in the bomber shooting at Jap planes on a movie screen.  The Captain asking if everyone was okay and responding with, "That's swell, Irish."

Good times.  Yeah, good times.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

jmar

Re: For Old Times Sake
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2018, 10:51:31 AM »
Came home from work and had supper, did a few things around the house and sat down to flip through the channels and see if anything catches my interest.  Came across Turner Classics and a movie called Air Force was cranking up. 

Now, I realize this will not resonate with 99% of you.  But to find an old, black & white WWII flick is like gold to me.  Countless nights spent with my pops watching old war movies. (And Braves games)  Yeah, everyone's least favorite actor, John Wayne, was in many of them.  Screw you.  I love The Duke. 

This movie was particularly unique in that it was the very first propaganda movie put out during WWII.  Released in 1943, it was about a B-17 Bomber group headed to Hawaii at the same time the Japs (Yes, they said "Filthy Japs" countless times) were attacking Pearl.  Very overdone.  Extremely cheesy.  Unbelievably entertaining.  I found myself sitting in the same spot on the couch for 2 hours watching this masterpiece.  Toy war ships being blown up.  Gunners in the bomber shooting at Jap planes on a movie screen.  The Captain asking if everyone was okay and responding with, "That's swell, Irish."

Good times.  Yeah, good times.
Were you stoned?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2018, 10:52:37 AM »
Were you stoned?

Naaa...I ran out last week.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2018, 10:53:17 AM »
Naaa...I ran out last week.

Damned shame.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

jmar

« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2018, 10:59:04 AM »
Damned shame.
Wooda been a damn waste.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions