Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Another lowest ratings ever performance

AUTailgatingRules

• Home of the Tailgate
  • By the Pink Dumpster since 2004
Re: Another lowest ratings ever performance
« Reply #20 on: March 06, 2018, 09:33:09 AM »
So Hollywood says...

http://www.vulture.com/2018/03/2018-oscars-lowest-academy-awards-tv-ratings-ever.html

Nothing to see here.  It's not what you think it is.  Move along.  

These numbers will no doubt prompt a slew of bad headlines, not to mention a parade of hot takes about what the ratings mean: Liberal Hollywood is out of touch with Real America! This is what happens when Wonder Woman doesn’t get nominated! The show is too long!The biggest factor in the Oscars rating free fall, however, has nothing to do with any of the aforementioned hot buttons. The Nielsen numbers for Jimmy Kimmel’s Oscars broadcast will be way down because ratings for almost everything on TV are way down these days. Annual double-digit declines for all but a handful of shows are now the norm in TV, and events like the Olympics, the Super Bowl, and, yes, the Oscars aren’t immune. Although this year’s drop-off for the Academy Awards looks to be particularly steep, and probably a bit depressing to ABC execs (and the movie industry), it’s hardly apocalyptic.

I've seen at least six different Hollywood reports promoting this same theory.  It's not because people are tired of the political viewpoints of the out-of-touch Hollywood liberals, it's just that nobody watches TV any more.  

They are going to keep doing exactly what they have been doing because they believe their own stupid lies.  
Well let's see
Olympics down:  Tired of the Liberal, gay loving , anti American agenda of the TV hosts and athletes
Super Bowl down:  Tired of the liberal, kneeling, anti American agenda of the Sportscasters and athletes
Nobody on the right is watching any of it any more because we re tired of the BULLSHIT
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #21 on: March 06, 2018, 09:46:42 AM »
The week after the Super Bowl, ESPN Radio Host Dan Libtard and co-host, Stugotz, were talking about the viewing numbers being way down.  They came up with every explanation they could, except the correct one.  They finally settled on Brady fatigue.  No one wanted to watch Tom Brady again in the SB.  Gee, never once mentioned protests/kneeling and NFL rating and attendance being way down all year. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Token

« Reply #22 on: March 06, 2018, 04:06:48 PM »
The week after the Super Bowl, ESPN Radio Host Dan Libtard and co-host, Stugotz, were talking about the viewing numbers being way down.  They came up with every explanation they could, except the correct one.  They finally settled on Brady fatigue.  No one wanted to watch Tom Brady again in the SB.  Gee, never once mentioned protests/kneeling and NFL rating and attendance being way down all year.
Yet nobody has Bama/SEC fatigue?  Alabama played in the 3rd straight national championship game yet ESPN reported the viewing numbers were the highest rated broadcast they've had?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #23 on: March 06, 2018, 04:10:57 PM »
Yet nobody has Bama/SEC fatigue?  Alabama played in the 3rd straight national championship game yet ESPN reported the viewing numbers were the highest rated broadcast they've had?
They lied.  
Nobody watched that shit.  
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

Token

« Reply #24 on: March 06, 2018, 04:14:54 PM »
They lied.  
Nobody watched that shit.  
I mean, I watched it.  But I guess when singular networks own all of the relevant information it would be easy to manipulate.  Which makes me wonder why don't they just say the oscars blew the doors off last years show?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #25 on: March 06, 2018, 04:52:08 PM »
I mean, I watched it.  But I guess when singular networks own all of the relevant information it would be easy to manipulate.  Which makes me wonder why don't they just say the oscars blew the doors off last years show?
I didn't watch it.  Therefore it didn't exist.  
Same with Oscars.  I had no idea you could film somebody humping an aquatic creature and win one of their nifty awards.  If I'd known that I would have paid the prostitute I saw in Birmingham this weekend to shove a bass up her snatch.  
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #26 on: March 06, 2018, 07:35:08 PM »
I didn't watch it.  Therefore it didn't exist.  
Same with Oscars.  I had no idea you could film somebody humping an aquatic creature and win one of their nifty awards.  If I'd known that I would have paid the prostitute I saw in Birmingham this weekend to shove a bass up her snatch.  
I thought you said you did pay for that.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #27 on: March 06, 2018, 11:22:34 PM »
Same with Oscars.  I had no idea you could film somebody humping an aquatic creature and win one of their nifty awards.  If I'd known that I would have paid the prostitute I saw in Birmingham this weekend to shove a bass up her snatch.  
There were a couple of them in Columbus back in the late eighties that would have several oscars!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

The Six

• Leaning on a broken fence b/t past & present tense
    • My Linktree
« Reply #28 on: March 07, 2018, 08:53:25 AM »
What were you doing over by Legion Field? Hope you were packing.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I'm sick of following my dreams...I'm just going to ask them where they are going and hook up with 'em later." - Mitch Hedberg

« Reply #29 on: March 07, 2018, 09:54:54 AM »
There were a couple of them in Columbus back in the late eighties that would have several oscars!
You'll be proud to know that they also carried on that tradition well into the 90s.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #30 on: March 07, 2018, 01:44:30 PM »
Here's more left wing babble that misses the point. 

https://www.azcentral.com/story/entertainment/media/2018/03/05/oscars-academy-award-ratings-tumble-but-dont-blame-politics-entirely/396872002/

First, people just don’t gather for TV shows — even TV events — the way they used to. Ratings for the Winter Olympics were down. Are those the wrong politics? Aren’t we rooting for the USA?
Ratings for the Super Bowl were down. And it wasn’t because people didn’t want to see players there taking a knee during the national anthem. Because the players didn’t.
By far the biggest factor in Academy Awards ratings is how many people have seen the nominees for best picture. And not many saw this year’s bunch. 
Nearly 100% wrong on all points.  

1) Ratings for the Olympics were down. Not 20% like the Oscars down, but down.  It had nothing to do with "not rooting for the USA."  I didn't watch a single second of the Olympics for a variety of reasons.  First, the face of the whole thing, the abhorrent Lindsey Vonn, politicized the event with her anti-Trump ranting.  Stupid whore.  Second, there just weren't any compelling stories or figures.  Third, had I had any desire to watch it was quickly quelled by the butchery of coverage from NBC. From what I read, they turned the broadcast into a celebration of a lifestyle with which I am not comfortable.  Was it all political?  No, but 75% of my disinterest was rooted in the political and cultural.  

2) Ratings for the Superbowl were down.  The author of this piece completely misses the point here because for me (and many others) it wasn't about whether the players would take a knee in that specific event or not, it was my reaction to their behavior over the season as a whole.  If you don't believe the decline in viewership was directly related to the ridiculous political stances and proclamations of the pampered players, then you're not paying attention.  

3) Oscar viewership was down.  Not because nobody's seen most of the nominated films because that's typically the case.  Every year I look at the Oscar list (and I go to a lot of movies) and I typically have seen only one or two.  The reason for the decline is two-fold.  First, the stance Hollywood has taken politically is against everything a majority of us believe in.  Dating all the way back to the MASH years, the industry has pushed an ever-increasingly leftist social agenda.  It's finally reached critical mass.  Second, the self-congratulation has gotten ridiculous.  When you're celebrating a damn fish-sex movie, you've lost the audience.  

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

WiregrassTiger

« Reply #31 on: March 07, 2018, 02:13:55 PM »
I’ve heard of noodling catfish.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #32 on: March 07, 2018, 03:41:47 PM »
I liked it better when Family Guy did it

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

WiregrassTiger

Re: Buy Real uk usa aussie passports online
« Reply #33 on: March 11, 2018, 01:42:39 PM »
Really interesting new documents provider: w w w. buyrealpassport.cc
Do I need passports for Mississippi?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions