Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Official Second Signing Day Thread, The Return!

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
Re: Official Second Signing Day Thread, The Return!
« Reply #40 on: February 08, 2018, 09:22:51 AM »
We finished at #12 in recruiting. Which means we are a piss and a shoot away from doing something.
Oh...so, same 'ol same 'ol then.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #41 on: February 08, 2018, 10:53:03 AM »
This class didn't have a lot of Wow factor.  But it's got a ton of talent and made us deeper and stronger at every position except O-line.  Still got a couple of slots left and maybe they'll address the big uglies with those.  Very happy with the haul.  This staff can still do some mighty fine cruitin'.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #42 on: February 08, 2018, 02:05:41 PM »
This class didn't have a lot of Wow factor.  But it's got a ton of talent and made us deeper and stronger at every position except O-line.  Still got a couple of slots left and maybe they'll address the big uglies with those.  Very happy with the haul.  This staff can still do some mighty fine cruitin'.

Agree. So here is my take and some perspective.

A class is only as good as two things: 1. the needs that are met and 2. if the guys actually ever get to the field and qualify academically.

We've had more wow classes in the past. Higher ranked ones too. But how many of those kids made it to campus or the team? How many have some serious character questions? This reminds me of that class chizik had. Some services had it number 1. I think half of that class was a bust. Hardly a true number 1 class. My point here? This class met some needs aside from lacking an OL or two. It seems to have guys who won't have issues qualifying for the most part. It seems to have good character kids who won't go all Duke, Mincy or Kyle Davis on us.

I'll take 4 #12 classes all day long when needs are met and 95% of the signees suit up. I'll take that over a #4 class that has huge attrition and contributes sparingly on the field for whatever reason. Woody Barretts make a class look good on paper. It sells lots of magazines in February. But if he fizzles out then what good is it.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2018, 02:09:02 PM by GH2001 »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #43 on: February 08, 2018, 04:02:38 PM »
Agree. So here is my take and some perspective.

A class is only as good as two things: 1. the needs that are met and 2. if the guys actually ever get to the field and qualify academically.

We've had more wow classes in the past. Higher ranked ones too. But how many of those kids made it to campus or the team? How many have some serious character questions? This reminds me of that class chizik had. Some services had it number 1. I think half of that class was a bust. Hardly a true number 1 class. My point here? This class met some needs aside from lacking an OL or two. It seems to have guys who won't have issues qualifying for the most part. It seems to have good character kids who won't go all Duke, Mincy or Kyle Davis on us.

I'll take 4 #12 classes all day long when needs are met and 95% of the signees suit up. I'll take that over a #4 class that has huge attrition and contributes sparingly on the field for whatever reason. Woody Barretts make a class look good on paper. It sells lots of magazines in February. But if he fizzles out then what good is it.

A couple of things I read today that were interesting on the krootin'.  While our ranking was higher last year, the overall points (for lack of a better term) were higher in this class.  In other words, it was a better overall class than last year.  It was several other teams like USC and FSU that picked up their games at the last minute and jumped us.

The other was something Malzahn said.  He basically said with the early signing period, that guys who held out til yesterday, were pretty much the biggest prizes.  Most teams, including AU, had already signed more than half their classes, so more teams could put an all out blitz on these 5 star kids at the end. He said his priority was making sure they stayed on the 8 guys that committed but didn't sign early. 

I also saw where 8 of our guys have already enrolled. I knew some had but I didn't realize it was 8.  That's pretty cool that you can get that many in the system and most importantly, the weight room, this early.   
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #44 on: February 08, 2018, 04:55:18 PM »
OT transfer Calvin Anderson will be visiting Auburn this weekend. Someone bring in the Brinks trucks, this kid is a good one.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #45 on: February 08, 2018, 08:29:30 PM »
23 now Caleb Johnson (I think we offered a scholarship late) just inked he wasn't on the 247 radar

We haven't heard from Kolbi Fuqua ATH
Fuqua too.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #46 on: February 08, 2018, 09:04:12 PM »
OT transfer Calvin Anderson will be visiting Auburn this weekend. Someone bring in the Brinks trucks, this kid is a good one.

Interesting.  I was wondering if he landed somewhere yesterday.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #47 on: February 08, 2018, 09:36:59 PM »
Honorable Mention All-Conference USA in 2016.   
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #48 on: February 09, 2018, 08:09:52 AM »

CHAMPIONSHIP!!!!1
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

jmar

« Reply #49 on: February 09, 2018, 10:53:09 AM »
And that's just from mastering a Rubiks Cube behind his back.
Imagine if he can block as well.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

wesfau2

« Reply #50 on: February 09, 2018, 12:57:53 PM »

Would you trust your QB's blind side to an experienced player with post-season accolades (albeit in a lesser conference) or one of our bench players?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jmar

« Reply #51 on: February 09, 2018, 01:13:47 PM »
Would you trust your QB's blind side to an experienced player with post-season accolades (albeit in a lesser conference) or one of our bench players?
Give us experience.
Let the bench raise their game.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #52 on: February 09, 2018, 04:47:24 PM »
And that's just from mastering a Rubiks Cube behind his back.
Imagine if he can block as well.
And graduating with a degree in mathematical economic analysis.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

wesfau2

« Reply #53 on: February 12, 2018, 08:28:22 AM »
Sounds like Anderson's visit to the Plains was productive:

"Auburn is just SEC; I think that is the best way to differentiate them, is the conferences," Anderson said Sunday. "Every conference is known for a different thing. I think SEC is just a bigger -- I don't know. Big is what comes to mind. It's like a synonym. Bigger opponents, bigger stage, bigger platform."

I mean, guys who I saw and met yesterday, and guys that are going to be playing against you every day that are going to the NFL, first two rounds," Anderson said. "So that's huge, and that's a big thing I look for, too, because I want to play against the best. You can't be the best without playing the best. So that definitely helps separate them from other people."

"I think they helped themselves greatly," Anderson said. "I already thought pretty highly of Auburn and I didn't know much about it, and now that I know a lot more than I did, I think they went from being great to more great."

http://www.al.com/auburnfootball/index.ssf/2018/02/calvin_anderson_auburn_visit.html#incart_river_index
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #54 on: February 12, 2018, 09:04:47 AM »
The University of Auburn is more great.
I like it.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #55 on: February 12, 2018, 09:32:33 AM »
 :miltie: :miltie: :miltie: :miltie: :miltie: :miltie: :miltie: :miltie: :miltie: :miltie: :miltie: :miltie: :miltie: :miltie: :miltie: :miltie: :miltie: :miltie: :miltie: :miltie: :miltie: :miltie: :miltie:
The University of Auburn is more great.
I like it.
:miltie: :miltie: :miltie: :miltie: : :miltie: :miltie: :miltie:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

jmar

« Reply #56 on: February 13, 2018, 12:35:01 AM »
:miltie: :miltie: :miltie: :miltie: :miltie: :miltie: :miltie: :miltie: :miltie: :miltie: :miltie: :miltie: :miltie: :miltie: :miltie: :miltie: :miltie: :miltie: :miltie: :miltie: :miltie: :miltie: :miltie: :miltie: :miltie: :miltie: :miltie: : :miltie: :miltie: :miltie:
He's all about numbers people...more greater numbers.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions