Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Screw USA Today

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
Screw USA Today
« on: January 19, 2018, 11:08:00 PM »
Dan Wolken takes hard shots at Auburn using the hiring of Greene as the springboard.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/college/columnist/dan-wolken/2018/01/19/new-auburn-athletics-director-allen-greene-faces-most-awkward-situation-college-sports/1050246001/

The most awkward situation in college sports
But beyond all the feel-good rhetoric of his first day on the job, the reality of Greene’s most difficult challenge at Auburn was literally staring him in the face on Friday. Sitting toward the back of the room but squarely head-on with the podium was basketball coach Bruce Pearl, whose team is remarkably headed for the NCAA tournament this season despite being ensnared in the FBI’s investigation into college basketball to such a significant degree that nobody really seems to know what will happen beyond this season....

Instead of losing his job and wasting the season, things have been in a holding pattern, stabilized — at least from all external appearances — by a team that just kept winning and winning.

In one breath Friday, Greene made it a point in his opening comments to say: “We’re going to operate with integrity and compliance, particularly when it’s most inconvenient.” But in another, when asked directly about the tenuous nature of the basketball program, he looked directly a Pearl — who was fired from Tennessee in 2011 and given a three-year show cause penalty for lying to NCAA investigators — and said: “I’m looking forward to the basketball game on Saturday.”

The unspoken reality, however, is that they may never really get the chance to work together.

According to two people familiar with Auburn’s hiring process, who spoke on the condition of anonymity because the conversations were supposed to be private, Leath was as transparent as he could be with candidates about the state of the basketball program, which is to say he acknowledged that the new athletics director may have to hire a coach this year.

At this point in the process, the people familiar with the situation said Pearl’s biggest concern isn’t the school’s or the NCAA’s investigation but rather the possibility of answering the FBI’s questions, even though he wasn’t implicated in any wrongdoing. Getting caught in any contradiction could have real consequences beyond losing his job.

Pearl’s complicated history with the NCAA is also a significant factor, as anything less than ful cooperation and transparency with the NCAA after the way he handled the Tennessee investigation would be problematic not just for him, but potentially for Auburn. After the season, all of those issues are bound to collide.

So I say win the whole damn thing.  That's the new goal.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

jmar

Re: Screw USA Today
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2018, 10:54:21 AM »
Complicated? He threw a cookout for some recruits.
Okay and he lied about it.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2018, 11:03:03 AM by jmar »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2018, 12:46:58 PM »
This shit right here. I'm so fuckin sick of...

According to two people familiar with Auburn’s hiring process, who spoke on the condition of anonymity because the conversations were supposed to be private

Hiding behind bullshit sources that probably don't even exist so that asshats like this can just write click bait garbage. These things seem to have about a 5% success rate of being true.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2018, 01:59:57 PM by GH2001 »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2018, 01:32:28 PM »
That article said exactly jack squat.  And yes, sources close to someone who wishes to be close to someone who wants to remain anonymous because they may know someone who knows something, is worthless and utter bullshit.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2018, 04:10:23 PM »
That article said exactly jack squat.  And yes, sources close to someone who wishes to be close to someone who wants to remain anonymous because they may know someone who knows something, is worthless and utter bullshit.

When you say utter, it makes me think of cows.

And then, I think about sucking your titties.

I wonder if this is natural? Or, maybe something went wrong in one of the surgeries.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2018, 08:07:34 PM »
That article said exactly jack squat.  And yes, sources close to someone who wishes to be close to someone who wants to remain anonymous because they may know someone who knows something, is worthless and utter bullshoot.

Dammit!  So, you're saying Bruce Pearl to Villanova?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2018, 10:23:46 PM »
Dammit!  So, you're saying Bruce Pearl to Villanova?

Yep.  I wanted to break it to you gently.  In the meantime, The Fighting Pearls went nuttz on (Fuck) Georgia in the 2nd half after being way down in the first.  A problematic trend.  14 point win over the (Fuck Georgia) Dawgs.  I would have been 100% bummed if we lost to UA and UGA (Fuck Georgia, BTW) on consecutive game nights. But, the reality is we owned that Dog ass.  Did I mention the Georgia, their University, their players and most importantly...their fans...can die in a fire.  Fuck Georgia!!!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2018, 09:34:31 AM »
This shit right here. I'm so fuckin sick of...

Hiding behind bullshit sources that probably don't even exist so that asshats like this can just write click bait garbage. These things seem to have about a 5% success rate of being true.

Its the trend in reporting these days.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2018, 09:44:10 AM »

We should all take Dan Wolken's sources super duper seriously.

https://www.seccountry.com/auburn/auburn-football-chip-lindsey-south-alabama-job
On Sunday afternoon, Dan Wolken of USA Today reported an unnamed source told him South Alabama “has interest” in Lindsey for its head coaching vacancy. Lindsey was asked if South Alabama had contacted him about the job Sunday night.

“No,” Lindsey said. “I’m focused kind of on what we’re doing here. Haven’t done anything like that.”

Auburn coach Gus Malzahn, who hired Lindsey from Arizona State in January, said he didn’t expect his top offensive assistant to leave.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #9 on: January 22, 2018, 10:37:37 AM »
friendly