Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Freezing out there...

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
Freezing out there...
« on: January 20, 2018, 08:54:38 AM »
According to my sources, Saban wanted to hire Freeze as OC but the administration wasn't comfortable with it.  So he promoted Locksley as a figurehead and is going to hire Freeze as an "analyst" when in reality he'll be running the offensive show. 

Assuming this comes to pass, how do they keep getting away with crap like this? 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
Re: Freezing out there...
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2018, 09:11:10 AM »
how do they keep getting away with crap like this?

You know how.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2018, 10:43:48 AM »
If we'd promoted Kodi Burns to OC and hired Art Briles as an 'analyst' the outrage and outcry would be long and loud. 

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

jmar

« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2018, 11:07:48 AM »
If we'd promoted Kodi Burns to OC and hired Art Briles as an 'analyst' the outrage and outcry would be long and loud.
Would Kodi be like a card holder?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2018, 11:47:11 AM »
Perfect timing for Saban to pull this off. Since Greene is black.

Half jokingly but think about it. That’s the news.

And on that front, I think it’s great to set the trend and break racial barriers—especially as it relates to sports. Because black kids have been the predominant athletes for a very long time. Society needs more black coaches and administrators.

I say that as a guy who is very much anti quota and anti affirmative action. But pro equality.

I know that may sound foreign or untrue to some but it’s very much accurate.

When you make a hire like AU, I think one of the biggest potential land mines is the idea that the hire was made primarily because of race. Sure, it is a factor. And I certainly hope we can capitalize with recruiting because we’ve got a black guy running the show. Sue me if it’s racist to feel that way.

But with this bold hire comes a bold responsibility.

IF. IF the job doesn’t get done, AU has to be willing to take the impending tremendous PR hit of firing him. That’s the danger of the hire, unfortunately.

You think Jacobs hung on because of believe me a good ol boy? Yep but I suspect a minority Jacobs would even longer. If Willingham could stay at ND AS HC that long?

Point is, it’s A LOT easier to make the hire than the fire.

So, I’m going to be behind this guy 200% and hope we never have to worry about that. He’s going to make mistakes. Even I would make mistakes. But this has the potential of being a legendary hire.

Legendary bust potential? Of course. But in my estimation, high side is much higher.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2018, 11:49:29 AM by WiregrassTiger »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2018, 12:15:46 PM »
Perfect timing for Saban to pull this off. Since Greene is black.

Half jokingly but think about it. That’s the news.

And on that front, I think it’s great to set the trend and break racial barriers—especially as it relates to sports. Because black kids have been the predominant athletes for a very long time. Society needs more black coaches and administrators.

I say that as a guy who is very much anti quota and anti affirmative action. But pro equality.

I know that may sound foreign or untrue to some but it’s very much accurate.

When you make a hire like AU, I think one of the biggest potential land mines is the idea that the hire was made primarily because of race. Sure, it is a factor. And I certainly hope we can capitalize with recruiting because we’ve got a black guy running the show. Sue me if it’s racist to feel that way.

But with this bold hire comes a bold responsibility.

IF. IF the job doesn’t get done, AU has to be willing to take the impending tremendous PR hit of firing him. That’s the danger of the hire, unfortunately.

You think Jacobs hung on because of believe me a good ol boy? Yep but I suspect a minority Jacobs would even longer. If Willingham could stay at ND AS HC that long?

Point is, it’s A LOT easier to make the hire than the fire.

So, I’m going to be behind this guy 200% and hope we never have to worry about that. He’s going to make mistakes. Even I would make mistakes. But this has the potential of being a legendary hire.

Legendary bust potential? Of course. But in my estimation, high side is much higher.
This great read WT. You very smart man.

Thank you for all you do to lead the x.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jmar

« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2018, 12:45:38 PM »
TL/DR
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2018, 08:00:41 PM »
According to my sources, Saban wanted to hire Freeze as OC but the administration wasn't comfortable with it.  So he promoted Locksley as a figurehead and is going to hire Freeze as an "analyst" when in reality he'll be running the offensive show. 

Assuming this comes to pass, how do they keep getting away with crap like this?
They make it by this much.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2018, 09:37:15 AM »
Because black kids have been the predominant athletes for a very long time. Society needs more black coaches and administrators.

Why not just force more white athletes into the system to reach true equality?

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

WiregrassTiger

« Reply #9 on: January 22, 2018, 10:06:57 AM »
Why not just force more white athletes into the system to reach true equality?
Many of the games are already slow enough as it is.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #10 on: January 22, 2018, 10:48:59 AM »
Many of the games are already slow enough as it is.

Still not equal in terms of race. I guess having a white coach and a white AD was the balance?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

WiregrassTiger

« Reply #11 on: January 22, 2018, 11:05:38 AM »
Still not equal in terms of race. I guess having a white coach and a white AD was the balance?
Being serious for a second, I am very happy that we hired our first black AD. I wasn’t clamoring for a black AD just for the sake of getting a minority in there. But I think it’s great when barriers are broken BECAUSE someone was worthy.

I think this is the case. Of course, the athlete posts are jokes. But, the better overall student athletes appear to be black on basketball and football. At least the majority.

Is it racist to notice this? I don’t think it it is.

But that is another reason I think it’s a great hire. It gives these student athletes some confidence, I would hope. Conference that society and especially AU is most concerned with work ethic and capabilities.

They deserve it. No, I don’t want a quota on it. But I do believe it is slow to improve. I don’t know the reason. I seriously doubt it is entirely due to racism.

Most people want the best candidate nowadays. At least I feel that way and I believe the majority of my friends do. I don’t care if it’s a guy or a girl or they are green, as long as it’s the best person.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #12 on: January 22, 2018, 11:12:54 AM »
Being serious for a second, I am very happy that we hired our first black AD. I wasn’t clamoring for a black AD just for the sake of getting a minority in there. But I think it’s great when barriers are broken BECAUSE someone was worthy.

I think this is the case. Of course, the athlete posts are jokes. But, the better overall student athletes appear to be black on basketball and football. At least the majority.

Is it racist to notice this? I don’t think it it is.

But that is another reason I think it’s a great hire. It gives these student athletes some confidence, I would hope. Conference that society and especially AU is most concerned with work ethic and capabilities.

They deserve it. No, I don’t want a quota on it. But I do believe it is slow to improve. I don’t know the reason. I seriously doubt it is entirely due to racism.

Most people want the best candidate nowadays. At least I feel that way and I believe the majority of my friends do. I don’t care if it’s a guy or a girl or they are green, as long as it’s NOT A DEMOCRAT!

Agreed!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Jumbo

• Assistant Pledge Master
  • I live on the corner of Epic & Bananas.
« Reply #13 on: January 26, 2018, 02:18:12 AM »
I voted for Buzz.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You'll never shine if you don't glow.

jmar

« Reply #14 on: January 26, 2018, 06:03:34 AM »
I voted for Buzz.
Ah yes...the reform candidate.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #15 on: January 26, 2018, 08:37:07 AM »

He's our very own stumpy little midget with a broom.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #16 on: January 26, 2018, 08:56:21 AM »
He's our very own stumpy little midget with a broom.

Wouldn't we look like a bunch of Johnny-come-latelies, bragging on our own midget, doesn't matter how stumpy.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #17 on: January 26, 2018, 01:08:45 PM »

How we gonna run reform when we the damn incumbent?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE