Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

HE'S A DUCK SHIT

HE'S A DUCK SHIT
« on: September 28, 2008, 12:45:48 AM »
TONY FRANKLIN SPEAKS

* On the unusual WR option pass on 3rd-and-18: "It might be the dumbest call I've made in 10 years. It's a third-and-short call, not a third-and-long call. I was being a total dumbass. That's what I was."

* On quarterback development: "They both believe they can win. They're both confident. They both believe they're the best one. I honestly have failed them both. I haven't done as good a job coaching as I should have done. Neither one of them have played as well as they should have. It's a little puzzling to me because they played very well in the spring, they played really well in the summertime."

* On the offense in general: "If you don't have a great defense (today), you lose. You can't win against great competition doing what we're doing. We are bumbling and stumbling on little stupid things. That's coaching. That's not their fault; that's my fault. I need to do a better job."

* On Mario Fannin's expanded role: "It's another sign of me not being smart enough. I haven't gotten him the ball. If I line him up at quarterback, snap it to him -- he'd have the ball and wouldn't have to think as much. I've proven that I'm not very smart. We snap it to him, he runs. It's easy."

http://jaygtate.blogspot.com/

We should be the laughing stock of college football.  We have a coach who has the mental capacity of a twelve year old. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
Re: HE'S A DUCK SHIT
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2008, 01:17:38 AM »
Auburn better watch out....Bill Stewart might try to lure him away from us, because he needs someone up there to make himself look like a genius.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

Jumbo

• Assistant Pledge Master
  • I live on the corner of Epic & Bananas.
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2008, 01:24:20 AM »
http://jaygtate.blogspot.com/

We should be the laughing stock of college football.  We have a coach who has the mental capacity of a twelve year old. 
He doesn't have a Fucking clue, what a fucking idiot.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You'll never shine if you don't glow.

fmnstr

« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2008, 02:23:11 AM »
he just sounds like a total buffoon. personally, i think it's a bunch of bullshit to try and keep us from fucking knifing him in public. he thinks if he sounds like a bashful little self-deprecating scamp, we'll ruffle his already incredibly ruffled, sweaty rat's nest of a haircut and hand him a lollipop. he's on the express shit-for-brains elevator to the pink slip department, and ctt interjecting himself into the offense with burns is pretty telling proof that the guy's "hi, i'm new" factor is wearing off way faster than it should've. abandoning everything that worked in the first half for that same limp-wristed shit we've seen the last four weeks just made absolutely no sense.

if burns doesn't start next week, i'm done even trying to be hopeful.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2008, 08:03:12 AM »
Why did we run the WR pass play?  Because Franklin saw LSU do something like that last week and heard people talk about what a genius Crowton/Miles was for calling it. 

Why did we run Fannin at QB? Because Franklin walked by the film room where the defense was working on Tennessee and saw them line up in that "G-Force" or whatever formation.

I really wish I'd been wrong, but after week one I said (repeatedly and stridently) that if we didn't make drastic changes we were in danger of an ass raping.  I was told to quit freaking out, slammed for "whining" and advised to chill.  I'm not a very smart person, but in this case my alarm was justified. I knew it then.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

D-Day

• Sergeant-at-Arms
  • All courses... incomplete
« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2008, 12:21:37 PM »
Anyone care to fire up the domain www.firetonyfranklin.com? Kinda hard to do from Iraq...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2008, 12:51:35 PM »
Anyone care to fire up the domain www.firetonyfranklin.com? Kinda hard to do from Iraq...

As previously noted, that domain was purchased the day after the first game of the season.  Technical contact for the domain was originally listed as auburnalum@gmail.com (or might be aualum@gmail.com).  It has since been changed to a "domain by proxy" address.   The site -- if there is ever to be one -- has not launched.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #7 on: September 28, 2008, 04:58:14 PM »
Why hasn't Franklin commented on how dumbass it was to keep Chris Todd in the mix for starting QB when he has a weak ass injured arm?  Where has that comment been? 

:blink:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

AWK

• Caller of the "Taint"
  • Damn Right.
« Reply #8 on: September 28, 2008, 07:46:58 PM »
Why hasn't Franklin commented on how dumbass it was to keep Chris Todd in the mix for starting QB when he has a weak ass injured arm?  Where has that comment been? 

:blink:
During the game on CBS, the announcers were actually making fun of Chris Todd/Auburn because of this situation.  They fucking were making fun of Todd's weak arm...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Redskins cornerback DeAngelo Hall said, "Guys don't mind hitting Michael Vick in the open field, but when you see Cam, you have to think about how you're going to tackle him. He's like a big tight end coming at you."

fmnstr

« Reply #9 on: September 28, 2008, 09:52:13 PM »
franklin's interview tonight on rivals was very telling. far as i can tell, he feels hampered by two things. one, he pretty much said we don't have the talent or the speed to run his offense, and that he's struggling to make some kind of dumbed-down version of it that fits our kids and still works. two, he hinted that not all the coaches are on the same page offensively. it's time to get more talented on the offensive side of the ball (ONE bigtime WR might be enough if he can draw double teams and open it up for the others) and let go of some of tubs' bbq buddies (knox for DAMN sure) if we want to be who we can be on offense. i have a lot more respect for him after watching that interview. the dude is super candid and is shooting shit straight. i've had a hard time getting it straight how i feel about him as a coach, but as a person, i respect everything but his hygiene.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2008, 09:53:33 PM by fmnstr »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #10 on: September 28, 2008, 11:40:56 PM »
franklin's interview tonight on rivals was very telling. far as i can tell, he feels hampered by two things. one, he pretty much said we don't have the talent or the speed to run his offense, and that he's struggling to make some kind of dumbed-down version of it that fits our kids and still works. two, he hinted that not all the coaches are on the same page offensively. it's time to get more talented on the offensive side of the ball (ONE bigtime WR might be enough if he can draw double teams and open it up for the others) and let go of some of tubs' bbq buddies (knox for DAMN sure) if we want to be who we can be on offense. i have a lot more respect for him after watching that interview. the dude is super candid and is shooting shit straight. i've had a hard time getting it straight how i feel about him as a coach, but as a person, i respect everything but his hygiene.

He's an excuse-making COCKSUCKER.   Super candid MY RAW ASS.  He's pointing at everybody else. 

Well, if we had some good athletes I could run my system.  My system doesn't suck.  It's the players. 

Well, if the coaches would do what I tell them, we could run my system.  My system doesn't suck. It's the other coaches.  Just ask Rush Probst if you don't believe me.  Hell, he was a winner at Hoover. Hoover's bigger than AUBURN, you dumbasses.  I done BEEN to Hoover.  I seen how many people was there.  Don't tell me my system won't work, because I done seen it work in high school.

He is the worst offensive coordinator in the SEC.  Was Greg Knox up in the booth making him call DUMBASS plays?  Were the players to blame when Chris Todd was named the starter because Franklin likes the cut of his jib or the sway in his handlebars while he completely ignores the fact that Todd can't throw a football four yards? 

Tony Franklin is all about himself and his "system"  Well, his SYSTEM is a great big pile of TURDS.  And he's the king shit.

If we "want to be who we can be on offense" we FIRE his monkey ass today, send him back to Troy or Louisiana Tech or some high school and make plans to hire Pat Nix or somebody who has a clue about college offensive gameplanning. 

« Last Edit: September 28, 2008, 11:44:13 PM by Kaos »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #11 on: September 28, 2008, 11:52:46 PM »
Oh yeah......Chris Todd is going to be the starter for the Vandy game....AND, ESPN Gameday is going to be there.

http://www.collegegameday.com/
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

fmnstr

« Reply #12 on: September 29, 2008, 12:18:16 AM »
He's an excuse-making COCKSUCKER.   Super candid MY RAW ASS.  He's pointing at everybody else. 

Well, if we had some good athletes I could run my system.  My system doesn't suck.  It's the players. 

Well, if the coaches would do what I tell them, we could run my system.  My system doesn't suck. It's the other coaches.  Just ask Rush Probst if you don't believe me.  Hell, he was a winner at Hoover. Hoover's bigger than AUBURN, you dumbasses.  I done BEEN to Hoover.  I seen how many people was there.  Don't tell me my system won't work, because I done seen it work in high school.

He is the worst offensive coordinator in the SEC.  Was Greg Knox up in the booth making him call DUMBASS plays?  Were the players to blame when Chris Todd was named the starter because Franklin likes the cut of his jib or the sway in his handlebars while he completely ignores the fact that Todd can't throw a football four yards? 

Tony Franklin is all about himself and his "system"  Well, his SYSTEM is a great big pile of TURDS.  And he's the king shit.

If we "want to be who we can be on offense" we FIRE his monkey ass today, send him back to Troy or Louisiana Tech or some high school and make plans to hire Pat Nix or somebody who has a clue about college offensive gameplanning. 

trying to have a modicum of hope that this shit can be salvaged, but please, go on with your baby bitch rant. POST NUMBER FOUR GUYZ
« Last Edit: September 29, 2008, 12:20:42 AM by fmnstr »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #13 on: September 29, 2008, 12:20:42 AM »
trying to have a modicum of hope that this shit can be salvaged, but please, go on with your baby bitch rant. POST NUMBER FOUR GUYZ

I told you after week one that this shit couldn't be salvaged.  Was told then to quit the "baby bitching".  Well FUCK YOU.  We're five weeks in.  If anything things are worse than they were before.   But you want to suck Franklin off some more.  Good for you.

You want to count posts, count a couple of these: 
  :fu: :fu: :fu: :fu: :fu:

Fuck you.  That is all.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2008, 12:21:34 AM by Kaos »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

fmnstr

« Reply #14 on: September 29, 2008, 12:21:08 AM »
you old farts are great.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions