No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Token

Re: Can't say that down here...
« Reply #21 on: January 19, 2018, 08:09:01 PM »
over-privileged sorority girls cannot.

How can you beat the racism drum as loud as you do and say shit like this?  That is blatantly racist.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #22 on: January 20, 2018, 09:09:46 AM »
You had me until this.

You keep beating this drum and it makes everything else you say fall on deaf ears...

How about we substitute "shitty non-black people who are for some reason hung up on the fact that they can't say this one word"?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #23 on: January 20, 2018, 11:18:03 AM »
How can you beat the racism drum as loud as you do and say shit like this?  That is blatantly racist.
I liked your post for two reasons.

1. You’re stirring up shit with Wes. Who couldn’t like that?

2. I figured it would piss you off if I Liked it.

You can still read my posts if you’ve blocked me, right?

Hello? Token? Anybody?

Hello?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

bottomfeeder

• We're screwed.
« Reply #24 on: January 20, 2018, 04:20:38 PM »
She'll transfer to UGA where that type of behavior is encouraged.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #25 on: January 21, 2018, 08:04:31 AM »
How about we substitute "shitty non-black people who are for some reason hung up on the fact that they can't say this one word"?

Sounds to me like you are pretty hung up on who can or can't say it.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

WiregrassTiger

« Reply #26 on: January 21, 2018, 10:20:33 AM »
You’ve known him a lot longer than me. Has he always been a nagger?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Token

« Reply #27 on: January 21, 2018, 11:43:22 AM »

He's also hung up on the belief that all white people are overly privileged of which I'm highly offended.  I considered a protest against Wes next week but then I remembered I have to work or I can't eat.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

WiregrassTiger

« Reply #28 on: January 21, 2018, 06:43:41 PM »
He's also hung up on the belief that all white people are overly privileged of which I'm highly offended.  I considered a protest against Wes next week but then I remembered I have to work or I can't eat.
Good post. But let’s not go over board. You have a government position.

It’s not like it’s actually work.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

« Reply #29 on: January 22, 2018, 10:04:36 AM »
You’ve known him a lot longer than me. Has he always been a nagger?

I like wes just fine personally. He's a good dude.

But politically we're just at opposite ends, esp with this stuff. I don't think anyone is gonna change anyone else's mind on this one. I just thought it was noteworthy to point out on that specific statement.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #30 on: January 22, 2018, 01:09:31 PM »
I like wes just fine personally. He's a good dude.

But politically we're just at opposite ends, esp with this stuff. I don't think anyone is gonna change anyone else's mind on this one. I just thought it was noteworthy to point out on that specific statement.

Any time your argument is that it’s perfectly fine for THIS group or person to do something but it’s not okay for THAT group or person to do the same, you have devolved into some “ism” whether it be racism, classism, sexism, or some other.

It’s heeelarious to me that it’s usually the liberal left that attempts to make these ambiguous distinctions and apply these arbitrary labels. 

She’s white. She’s privileged. She’s a woman. She doesn’t have the same constitutionally protected rights as a poor black man.

That’s ridiculous. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

GH2001

« Reply #31 on: January 22, 2018, 01:26:21 PM »
Any time your argument is that it’s perfectly fine for THIS group or person to do something but it’s not okay for THAT group or person to do the same, you have devolved into some “ism” whether it be racism, classism, sexism, or some other.

It’s heeelarious to me that it’s usually the liberal left that attempts to make these ambiguous distinctions and apply these arbitrary labels. 

She’s white. She’s privileged. She’s a woman. She doesn’t have the same constitutionally protected rights as a poor black man.

That’s ridiculous.

That's why I replied to it. I found it hypocritical.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #32 on: January 22, 2018, 01:42:10 PM »
First, the "a" vs. "er" distinction is one that has been discussed, so I know none of you actually don't know the difference.

Even if it was phonetically the same word, you can't possibly not see any difference in a black rapper using the word endearingly and a white sorority girl saying QUOTE:

"I love how I act like I love black people because I FUCKING HATE N----RS. So that's really interesting, I fucking hate n----rs, but I just saved the fucking n----rs by shutting that water off"

And then double, triple, quadrupled down and in her non-apology video by angrily shouting "I don't care if it's Martin Luther King day, N----r N----r N----r!"

This isn't an issue of her forgetting to censor her self while doing Jay-Z at karaoke. Jesus...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

« Reply #33 on: January 22, 2018, 02:04:50 PM »
First, the "a" vs. "er" distinction is one that has been discussed, so I know none of you actually don't know the difference.

Even if it was phonetically the same word, you can't possibly not see any difference in a black rapper using the word endearingly and a white sorority girl saying QUOTE:

"I love how I act like I love black people because I FUCKING HATE N----RS. So that's really interesting, I fucking hate n----rs, but I just saved the fucking n----rs by shutting that water off"

And then double, triple, quadrupled down and in her non-apology video by angrily shouting "I don't care if it's Martin Luther King day, N----r N----r N----r!"

This isn't an issue of her forgetting to censor her self while doing Jay-Z at karaoke. Jesus...

But if it's been deemed a very bad word. Very offensive. Very hateful. Why is it ever ok to use? By anyone.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #34 on: January 22, 2018, 02:05:37 PM »

There is no "a vs er" distinction.  The word is used interchangeably in rap songs. 

If Jay-Z can say it, so can a sorority girl.   It's either off limits or its not regardless of context. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
« Reply #35 on: January 22, 2018, 02:10:46 PM »
There is no "a vs er" distinction.

The word is used interchangeably in rap songs.

If Jay-Z can say it, so can a sorority girl.

It's either off limits or its not regardless of context.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
« Reply #36 on: January 22, 2018, 02:14:06 PM »
Again, if we were having an intellectually honest conversation about if it's ok for white people to use it in the editorial sense, or when regurgitating rap lyrics, or putting it in a script a'la Tarantino, we'd have a lot of common ground to agree on.

You're not being serious if you're refusing to recognize the difference in the way it is used by this bitch and Jay-Z.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #37 on: January 22, 2018, 02:53:06 PM »
She's a Yankee...who needs her collards stirred.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #38 on: January 22, 2018, 02:57:55 PM »
Again, if we were having an intellectually honest conversation about if it's ok for white people to use it in the editorial sense, or when regurgitating rap lyrics, or putting it in a script a'la Tarantino, we'd have a lot of common ground to agree on.

You're not being serious if you're refusing to recognize the difference in the way it is used by this bitch and Jay-Z.

Doesn't matter how it's used.  You can either call somebody that or you can't.

It's either offensive enough to expel a girl from college for saying it, or it's not. 

When you start drawing distinctions over who is and isn't allowed to say something based on their color or upbringing you're defining the very nature of racism.  You're embracing it.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
« Reply #39 on: January 22, 2018, 03:21:16 PM »
Doesn't matter how it's used.
It does.

You can either call somebody that or you can't.
You can't.

It's either offensive enough to expel a girl from college for saying it, or it's not.
It's offensive enough to expel a girl from college for saying it.

When you start drawing distinctions over who is and isn't allowed to say something based on their color or upbringing you're defining the very nature of racism.  You're embracing it.
I'm drawing a distinction on the context, not on their color or upbringing.

If our new AD gets fired for saying "I love how I act like I love white people because I FUCKING HATE CRACKERS!!!", I'd be ok with that. If he gets fired for saying "Could you please pass the saltines? I like putting my oysters on crackers," I would not be ok with that.

Why is this hard?

I know why.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions