Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Texas getting handsy

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
Re: Texas getting handsy
« Reply #40 on: January 19, 2018, 08:37:38 AM »
I want that type of nastiness back at Auburn.

Maybe our OLine will no longer be a shithole.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

jmar

« Reply #41 on: January 19, 2018, 09:07:12 AM »
jmar ever since I have had to read your posts, I can’t recall an offensive player that you haven’t called for moving to cornerback at some point in their tenure. Yes, including the linemen.

You probably don’t recall but yes, it’s true.

And, yes. There is a problem.
Nick Marshall is a defensive back, he just happened to be a fantastic college option quarterback with a skrong arm and a knack for placing a ball within a grenades reach of a receiver.

*other examples

Rudy Ford-RB/KR
Quan Bray-hs QB/ Auburn WR. Inconsistent but a baller due mainly to speed.
Trovon Reed-hs QB/ Auburn WR.   
Melvin Ray- baseball player. Good skills just never developed on his own as a receiver.
Onterrio McCalleb- Free agent with Cincy as a cornerback, got injured and might be in the CFL now.

Some were a liability blocking or tackling but Malzahn still played them out of position.

**Deion Sanders never actually tackled a motherfucker in his entire career. Sleeve grabber!
I did witness him shield block a time or two as a wide receiver.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #42 on: January 19, 2018, 09:20:29 AM »
jmar ever since I have had to read your posts, I can’t recall an offensive player that you haven’t called for moving to cornerback at some point in their tenure. Yes, including the linemen.

You probably don’t recall but yes, it’s true.

And, yes. There is a problem.

If Lee Ziemba could line up as a wide receiver, what makes you think he wouldn't have been a great cornerback?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

jmar

« Reply #43 on: January 19, 2018, 09:29:12 AM »
If Lee Ziemba could line up as a wide receiver, what makes you think he wouldn't have been a great cornerback?
Z would have been a better option as a space jamming free safety in electric football.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #44 on: January 19, 2018, 09:29:36 AM »

**Deion Sanders never actually tackled a motherfucker in his entire career. Sleeve grabber!

Bullshit.  I saw him tackle our recievers all game during the 89 Sugar Bowl.....course they had not caught the ball yet.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #45 on: January 19, 2018, 09:34:21 AM »
Bullshit.  I saw him tackle our recievers all game during the 89 Sugar Bowl.....course they had not caught the ball yet.

That play immediately came to mind. Freddie's head was looking down when the ball hit it. Looking down because neon had hit it a second before the ball got there! That should have been a TD for the win!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

jmar

« Reply #46 on: January 19, 2018, 09:40:29 AM »
Couldn't stand the guy but he did break conventional thought on both sides of the ball.
And yes, we had to throw it in his direction to seal it in '89.
Thanks...had that erased from memory. Now it's back!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions