Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

The Bloscars

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
The Bloscars
« on: August 10, 2018, 02:34:25 PM »
Afraid of the blacklash that will likely erupt when Black Panther is passed over for Best Picture nomination  the Oscars are caving to create a category for something stupid like "Best Movie Enjoyed By Regular Dumb People But Which Isn't Pretentious Enough to Deserve Recognition From Those of Us More Urbane and Cultured Than Those Deplorables."

First problem is with the category itself.  It's insulting.  Oh, here's an award for all the stupid morons who pay to see these kinds of crap movies which make enough money that the studios can waste budgets on this self-important overwrought drivel we're celebrating here tonight. 

Second problem is that Black Panther  a) is not even close to the best movie in the Marvel universe and b) is not a good movie period.  It's terrible. I watched the stupid thing and I don't understand the allure.  Iron Man, Guardians, Thor: RaginCajunCroc, Ant Man, Avengers, etc.  All vastly superior, less preachy, less ridiculous movies.  Nothing about Black Panther worked for me or fit well into the Marvel puzzle.  But by all means let's create an entire award category so peoples don't riot.  

Sigh. 

I think movies like Iron Man or Pirates of the Caribbean or Dark Knight or Wonder Woman need to be lauded, but not by creating a new category for "dumb films that people like."  Perhaps the Oscars should just consider them for regular, established awards and stop giving statues to turd scum like The Shape of Fish Screwing People, Moonlight, Spotlight, Birdman (awful movie), 12 Years a Slave (historical fraud), The Artist and The King's Speech (spoiler: he stutters, move on).  
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
Re: The Bloscars
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2018, 03:36:02 PM »
Where do I sign up for the ALM riots?

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2018, 03:54:20 PM »
The country music awards shows are the only ones I watch anymore, and mostly for the performances. Everything else has become a platform for multi-millionaires to become SJW's and tell us all how we should live and think.   
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2018, 04:33:14 PM »
Where do I sign up for the ALM riots?
Will there be buses to transport us?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2018, 04:43:02 PM »
Will there be buses to transport us?
Yes, but you have to sit in the back. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.