Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Not even pretending

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
Not even pretending
« on: January 11, 2018, 09:42:02 AM »
I like watching the news in the morning.  I prefer Fox 10 because Eric Reynolds and Sarah Wall are a decent team, not too peppy, not trying too hard.  And then it bleeds into Studio Ten which is not good but I'm usually too lazy to change the channel.

This week the blatant Alabama bias has become hard to take.  Both of the hosts on Studio Ten (the barely cute Bay Minette native Chastity Byrd and Wisconsin transplant Joe Emer) spent the last few days referring to Alabama as "we" and have done five minute recaps of the game every day so far this week. Chastity went to USA and then Mississippi State.

Several of the field reporters have blurted out "Rawwl Tahds" during spots completely unrelated to the game. The morning weather guy, Michael White, is the worst part of the show -- a cheesy grinning chubbin who also went to Mississippi State but famously said Cam getting drafted by the Panthers was reason enough for him to hate Carolina. So he can go hump a goat.

I'm probably just overly cranky, but I'm sick of it. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
Re: Not even pretending
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2018, 10:06:24 AM »
I like watching the news in the morning.  I prefer Fox 10 because Eric Reynolds and Sarah Wall are a decent team, not too peppy, not trying too hard.  And then it bleeds into Studio Ten which is not good but I'm usually too lazy to change the channel.
Couldn't help but recognize how this is related to the getting old thread.

You do realize that they make TVs now that you don't have to get up off of the couch or your recliner to change the channel. You have what is called a "remote control" and you can just leave it there on your TV tray. It's wireless.

It doesn't have a dial, like your TV. Just buttons.

You may have to buy a new TV though.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

chinook

« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2018, 10:11:25 AM »
Couldn't help but recognize how this is related to the getting old thread.

You do realize that they make TVs now that you don't have to get up off of the couch or your recliner to change the channel. You have what is called a "remote control" and you can just leave it there on your TV tray. It's wireless.

It doesn't have a dial, like your TV. Just buttons.

You may have to buy a new TV though.

TV tray?  Who are you Archie Bunker?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

WiregrassTiger

« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2018, 10:16:01 AM »
TV tray?  Who are you Archie Bunker?
One of the keys to becoming a great writer is knowing your audience. I was addressing Archie Bunker.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2018, 10:23:04 AM »
One of the keys to becoming a great writer is knowing your audience. I was addressing Archie Bunker.

With this, I agree. 

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

chinook

« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2018, 10:24:52 AM »

Let me know when you get there.  It may take you a while.  Being an asshole such as yourself draws away it's effectiveness. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

WiregrassTiger

« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2018, 10:37:06 AM »
Let me know when you get there.  It may take you a while.  Being an asshole such as yourself draws away it's effectiveness.
Will do.

And you are right about me. I'm sure that many on here may peg me as this.

But, at least I'm hilarious too. Some people are assholes and aren't funny at all.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

ssgaufan

• WDE!!!
« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2018, 10:56:06 AM »
I think Kaos just needs to go spend a night with a high end call girl and work out some frustration.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2018, 11:10:35 AM »
I think Kaos just needs to go spend a night with a high end call girl and work out some frustration.

I'd probably hurt something.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #9 on: January 11, 2018, 11:10:38 AM »
I'm still trying to figure out why there hasn't been any investigation into Russian German collusion.  The GOAT, who, after getting assistance from a committee, just won his semi-final matchup in the Mercedes-Benz Superdome.  Then followed that up by winning his 157th national championship in the Mercedes-Benz Georgia Dome and is now set to open up a new Mercedes-Benz dealership in Birmingham.
Did Mercedes also sponsor the committee?  How many of the committee members are now driving around in new Benzos?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.