Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Aloha, Bitches...

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
Aloha, Bitches...
« on: January 19, 2018, 09:03:59 AM »
Ok this is funny. Clay Travis is an asshole. But he's a smart and funny asshole. And he's usually right. When he is and I agree with him, I just temporarily forget about his cam newton/auburn comments from 2010-11. Bygones. He's righted himself a lot recently. This below is no exception.

Bama and their lawyers

:haha:

https://www.outkickthecoverage.com/university-alabama-threatens-sue-outkick-aloha-bitches-tshirts/

University of Alabama Threatens to Sue Outkick Over Aloha, Bitches Tshirts

Posted on January 18, 2018 by Clay Travis

To whom it may concern at the University of Alabama,

Sigh.

This is gonna shock y’all, but the University of Alabama’s lawyers and the people advising them aren’t very smart.

So we’re selling a red and white Aloha, Bitches tshirt on the Outkick website right now. I’d encourage all of you to go buy it.

It’s a new version of our old Aloha, Bitches tshirts, which we started selling a couple of years ago to honor Marcus Mariota, the greatest quarterback in the NFL and if you disagree with me about that you are racist.

The moment Tua came into the game and won the national title for Alabama many Crimson Tide fans started clamoring for us to honor another Hawaiian quarterbacking legend with another Aloha, Bitches tshirt.

So we did it.

You can see that beautiful tshirt that, if you wear it will make every woman in the state of Alabama want to sleep with you, in the image above.

Last week the University of Alabama’s lawyers wrote a four page letter to me threatening to sue if we didn’t stop selling the tshirt. They said, and I’m not making this up, that they believed people would be confused and think Outkick’s shirts were an officially licensed University of Alabama product.

Seriously, they said this.

Here’s a copy of the letter we received last week from Alabama’s lawyers.

Now, we all know that most University of Alabama fans are complete idiots, but even the dumbest Alabama fans alive couldn’t see these shirts and think they were officially licensed by the University of Alabama. Has the University of Alabama ever officially licensed a shirt with the word bitches on it? I mean, come on. These are clear parody shirts, designed with humor in mind, which no reasonable person could remotely confuse with actual products licensed by the school.

You would also think that someone representing Alabama would have also realized that it’s best not to pick a fight with the most popular writer and the most most popular sports website in the 11 state SEC football region, which would guarantee he would just sell more tshirts than he already was and make your school look stupid.

But you’d be wrong.

Why do I keep winning?

Because the people who decide to fight me keep making such dumb decisions on what to fight over.

The university said our cursive A was too close to the Alabama cursive A, which, by the way, is virtually indistinguishable from the cursive A of the Atlanta Falcons or the Arkansas Razorbacks, so I wrote back to Alabama’s lawyers the following couple of paragraphs in response to their letter to me.

“The A on our shirt is definitely not the Alabama A that you have trademarked and copyrighted, it is just a cursive A.

Moreover no one thinks an Outkick shirt is licensed by Alabama. Certainly not one that was expressly made because we have been selling “Aloha, bitches,” shirts in honor of Marcus Mariota for over a year on the site.

Is it your contention that Alabama controls the use of all cursive letter A’s on all shirts? Would you like to design and email the site a cursive A that would be permissible to use? I’d be interested to see your version and would be potentially willing to change our A to one you deem more appropriate if it works on the shirt.

If you’d like us to add a disclaimer that says the shirts aren’t licensed or endorsed by Alabama — or publish your letter on Outkick saying the same — I’m happy to do that as well.

But as a lawyer who has worked in trademark and copyright law I’m not sure what claim you guys have here. You don’t have a copyright on our cursive version of the letter A or any claim on the phrases used on the shirt.

Let me know if you’d like me to add language on the page saying Alabama isn’t involved in any way with the tshirts. Or if you’d like me to publish your letter on the site saying the same. Or if you intend to send me an acceptable cursive A for the tshirts.”

The same attorneys are also saying that the trophy on the shirt may confuse some people to believe that the College Football Playoff has officially licensed these Aloha, Bitches tshirts as well.

To which I say, you are fucking insane.

It’s no wonder it took nearly a hundred years for a college football playoff to exist if the people in charge of the college football playoff are this stupid.

We will not be changing the shirts — which I would encourage you to buy here.

And if the University of Alabama would like to file a lawsuit over these beautifully designed and tastefully fitting tshirts which will make you the envy of all your friends — which I would again encourage you to buy here — I look forward to becoming the first Tennessean to beat Alabama since 2006.

And if the college football playoff wants to sue me over these tshirts, I will countersue them in a class action lawsuit representing all college football fans for not having an eight team playoff.

And also for being bitches.

And I will win that lawsuit too.

In summation, if you want to be represented by talented lawyers who won’t send stupid letters and make their clients look like idiots, you can go to OutkickLaw.com, where Outkick now has a full service law firm able to represent clients in matters all over the country. Please sign up here if you require our services.

And, once more, go buy our Outkick Gear, which is in no way affiliated with the University of Alabama or the college football playoff.

In the meantime, while the University of Alabama may be able to claim as many illegitimate national titles as they would like with limited push back, I think everyone would have to agree that claiming letters of the alphabet as their own property is the very definition of intellectual property overreach.

Particularly when the vast majority of the Alabama fan base only uses one letter on a regular basis — the letter X when they sign their parole papers.

Sincerely,

Clay Travis, esquire

« Last Edit: January 19, 2018, 09:11:49 AM by GH2001 »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
Re: Aloha, Bitches...
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2018, 09:18:40 AM »
Reading that makes me miss that AUEsquire guy.  Anybody know what happened to him?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2018, 09:41:26 AM »
Reading that makes me miss that AUEsquire guy.  Anybody know what happened to him?

He probably left. We got too many of his kind in the water around here...and not enough sharks....
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

jmar

« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2018, 10:16:12 AM »
He probably left. We got too many of his kind in the water around here...and not enough sharks....
Wonder if Snaggle signs ESQ after his name. He has that royal forehead you know.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

ssgaufan

• WDE!!!
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2018, 10:16:58 AM »

I heard that he went on one of those rainbow cruises, and never came back.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2018, 10:23:31 AM »
This is the funniest thing I’ve read in a long time.

Clay was never funny talking about AU though. Funny how that worked.

I never knew he is a lawyer. That’s odd. He doesn’t seem like a pussy.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2018, 10:28:11 AM »
I heard the pictures were glorious though.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2018, 10:42:02 AM »

Oh he came alright.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #8 on: January 19, 2018, 11:05:42 AM »
 :bammer: I've been working up a lawsuit to take all you bitches down.  Just a heads up.  You've been fore-warned.  I'm bringing the Patrick Stewart pain.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

ssgaufan

• WDE!!!
« Reply #9 on: January 19, 2018, 11:16:59 AM »
I heard the pictures were glorious though.

Shower pics I assume?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

WiregrassTiger

« Reply #10 on: January 19, 2018, 11:25:17 AM »
:bammer: I've been working up a lawsuit to take all you bitches down.  Just a heads up.  You've been fore-warned.  I'm bringing the Patrick Stewart pain.
Keep the “head” talk up, bitch. And we’ll just see what happens.

What is most amazing is that someone with a forehead like yours would even attempt to make fun of my head. Which is a medical condition, I might add. MEDICAL!

You dumb bitch. I’m a disabled.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #11 on: January 19, 2018, 11:27:24 AM »
Keep the “head” talk up, bitch. And we’ll just see what happens.

What is most amazing is that someone with a forehead like yours would even attempt to make fun of my head. Which is a medical condition, I might add. MEDICAL!

You dumb bitch. I’m a disabled.

Thank goodness for the medical portability act of 1996. Before that, you'd just be called retarded...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

WiregrassTiger

« Reply #12 on: January 19, 2018, 11:29:11 AM »
Thank goodness for the medical portability act of 1996. Before that, you'd just be called retarded...
You really should not use that word on here.

But, to your point, yes. That is correct.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jmar

« Reply #13 on: January 19, 2018, 12:24:32 PM »
You really should not use that word on here.

But, to your point, yes. That is correct.
Bless your heart!
You know you can get primo parking spaces if your daft physician allows you to drive. 
Ie...saw one dude on a scooter in Walmart parked in front of the Lunchables having dinner on my dime.
There's just a whole array of advantages you might explore if you still have that capacity.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

WiregrassTiger

« Reply #14 on: January 19, 2018, 12:39:23 PM »
Bless your heart!
You know you can get primo parking spaces if your daft physician allows you to drive. 
Ie...saw one dude on a scooter in Walmart parked in front of the Lunchables having dinner on my dime.
There's just a whole array of advantages you might explore if you still have that capacity.
Thx jmar. Am aware of some of the advantages. Looking forward to others too.

For instance, thankfully, being much more of a man than most when disability struck, I’m in better physical shape than many—in some ways. So, fortunately I’ve so far been able to retain my ability to beat some motherfuckers down. And now, I have sound physiological and emotional problems that should stand well in court, if needed.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions