Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

The AD search

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
The AD search
« on: January 07, 2018, 09:24:17 AM »
Still going on quietly it appears. 

Apparently the woman who is rumored to have spread her jelly among many in high school has rescinded her interest -- or was told she didn't have a prayer.

Two others (Flint Whitrock and Benedict Denson or some such) are also out. 

Does it even matter?
« Last Edit: January 07, 2018, 09:35:04 AM by Kaos »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
Re: The AD search
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2018, 09:36:42 AM »
Still going on quietly it appears. 

Apparently the woman Wiregrass knows who spread her jelly across the region in high school has rescinded her interest -- or was told she didn't have a prayer.

Two others (Flint Whitrock and Benedict Denson or some such) are also out. 

Does it even matter?
No, you completely misunderstood. I said I licked the jelly off Tim Cook. Wait. This is PM, right?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2018, 11:52:19 AM »
I think we're gonna miss Jay when this is over.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

WiregrassTiger

« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2018, 12:02:41 PM »
I have never hoped that you were more wrong about something.

But seriously, wouldn’t it be just like us?

Who else could ever beat both teams soundly that are playing in the national championship game and yet be sitting at the house? And get beat by ucf to boot?

Go undefeated in the SEC and yet get left out as we’ve also done.

Point is, we are capable of getting rid of Jay and downgrading. This is for certain.

Because I really don’t think he is the worst we could do. He did some really good things. But it’s definitely time to get someone new in there. New blood with adequate  AD experience, a good leader with vision. And few AU connections. This is my wish.

Make it so.

Edit: The new person needs to copy Jay’s attention to game day experience and continue to focus on it. I think he did a really good job with this part. I hate most of the stadium stuff but game day is 🍑y.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2018, 12:07:56 PM by WiregrassTiger »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2018, 02:29:33 PM »

I will never miss Jay Jacobs.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Six

• Leaning on a broken fence b/t past & present tense
    • My Linktree
« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2018, 07:37:33 PM »
No, it doesn't matter. Rinse. Repeat. Wear orange and blue. Fans pay for everything. Sigh.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I'm sick of following my dreams...I'm just going to ask them where they are going and hook up with 'em later." - Mitch Hedberg

bottomfeeder

• We're screwed.
« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2018, 08:52:54 PM »
7 years of coulda, woulda, shoulda may help Auburn's football teams in 2020's.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2018, 08:08:36 AM »
I'm hearing Jimmy Rane's name thrown out a lot lately on my skreets.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
« Reply #8 on: January 08, 2018, 09:14:32 AM »
I have never hoped that you were more wrong about something.

But seriously, wouldn’t it be just like us?

Who else could ever beat both teams soundly that are playing in the national championship game and yet be sitting at the house? And get beat by ucf to boot?

Go undefeated in the SEC and yet get left out as we’ve also done.

Point is, we are capable of getting rid of Jay and downgrading. This is for certain.

Because I really don’t think he is the worst we could do. He did some really good things. But it’s definitely time to get someone new in there. New blood with adequate  AD experience, a good leader with vision. And few AU connections. This is my wish.

Make it so.

Edit: The new person needs to copy Jay’s attention to game day experience and continue to focus on it. I think he did a really good job with this part. I hate most of the stadium stuff but game day is 🍑y.
Just found an 8th sign of the apocalypse. I read this all the way through and agreed with it 100% as if I typed it myself, and then looked at the author afterward.

But seriously, the Auburn fan hyperbole that Jacobs was the absolute worst possible AD could very well be tested and disproven with this next hire. Just feels like a very Auburn thing to do.

McKenna-Doyle seemed to tick all the right boxes. Had national prominence. Worked her way to a top ranking position with the NFL. Had a business acumen rather than being just some former player. But best-of-both-worlds in that her placement wouldn't be nepotistic hire who "played for Dye", but at the same time actually did go to Auburn and loves Auburn. Bonus points for having a vagina given the current political climate, especially considering what went down with the softball staff. That aspect would have been seen as Auburn doing something proactive to combat that scandal, and probably would have gotten ESPN off of our nuts a bit.

But somehow we managed to fuck that right up, so we're probably gonna end up hiring Yellawood or some other incestial hire and be worse off than we started. War Eagle anyway.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #9 on: January 08, 2018, 11:53:37 AM »
Just found an 8th sign of the apocalypse. I read this all the way through and agreed with it 100% as if I typed it myself, and then looked at the author afterward.

But seriously, the Auburn fan hyperbole that Jacobs was the absolute worst possible AD could very well be tested and disproven with this next hire. Just feels like a very Auburn thing to do.

McKenna-Doyle seemed to tick all the right boxes. Had national prominence. Worked her way to a top ranking position with the NFL. Had a business acumen rather than being just some former player. But best-of-both-worlds in that her placement wouldn't be nepotistic hire who "played for Dye", but at the same time actually did go to Auburn and loves Auburn. Bonus points for having a vagina given the current political climate, especially considering what went down with the softball staff. That aspect would have been seen as Auburn doing something proactive to combat that scandal, and probably would have gotten ESPN off of our nuts a bit.

But somehow we managed to fuck that right up, so we're probably gonna end up hiring Yellawood or some other incestial hire and be worse off than we started. War Eagle anyway.

Let's just put Milty in charge.

:miltie:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #10 on: January 09, 2018, 08:44:00 AM »
I'd like to amend my "I will never miss Jay" response.

I'm hearing today that the usual suspects are pressuring Leath to hire Tim Jackson. 

:facepalm:

I'm not sure that's something that I can support or live with.  I might turn my back on AU athletics and just support the college as a whole.  I'm a little pissed at the school, too, honestly.  So I don't know.

Tim Jackson would be a punch in the nuts. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

WiregrassTiger

« Reply #11 on: January 09, 2018, 08:47:11 AM »
I'd like to amend my "I will never miss Jay" response.

I'm hearing today that the usual suspects are pressuring Leath to hire Tim Jackson. 

:facepalm:

I'm not sure that's something that I can support or live with.  I might turn my back on AU athletics and just support the college as a whole.  I'm a little pissed at the school, too, honestly.  So I don't know.

Tim Jackson would be a punch in the nuts.
I sure hope this is wrong.

Not about you getting punched in the nuts. About Tim Jackson.

I’d seriously have to kneel on that one.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #12 on: January 09, 2018, 09:20:42 AM »
I wanted to let you guys know first...I am pulling my name from consideration.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

WiregrassTiger

« Reply #13 on: January 09, 2018, 09:27:14 AM »
I wanted to let you guys know first...I am pulling my name from consideration.
I’m not Liking that you’re not going to stay on the running for the AD job.

I’m Liking because I appreciate your letting us know so that I won’t continue to have my hopes up.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #14 on: January 09, 2018, 09:35:47 AM »
I’m not Liking that you’re not going to stay on the running for the AD job.

I’m Liking because I appreciate your letting us know so that I won’t continue to have my hopes up.
I finally realized that I cannot compete with the likes of Tim Jackson.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jmar

« Reply #15 on: January 09, 2018, 09:40:05 AM »
I thought Jimmy Sexton was choosing our A.D.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #16 on: January 09, 2018, 09:53:59 AM »

Not that I disagree at all but isn't someone "with vagina" in our Athletic Dept at the center of the clusterfuck handling of the softball situation?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #17 on: January 09, 2018, 10:02:40 AM »
Not that I disagree at all but isn't someone "with vagina" in our Athletic Dept at the center of the clusterfudge handling of the softball situation?

I knew Jacobs was a lesbian!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
« Reply #18 on: January 09, 2018, 10:11:29 AM »
Not that I disagree at all but isn't someone "with vagina" in our Athletic Dept at the center of the clusterfuck handling of the softball situation?
Yeah, but Jay still got blamed for it. I guess it was seen as she was "just following orders" from Jay.

And if we get Tim Jackson, yeah, exactly what I said applies in spades.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #19 on: January 09, 2018, 10:14:03 AM »
 :thumsup:
Yeah, but Jay still got blamed for it. I guess it was seen as she was "just following orders" from Jay.

And if we get Tim Jackson, yeah, exactly what I said applies in spades.

Agree on Jackson. Much much worse than Jay. If leath is smart he will know better. There is a reason jay is leaving and hiring jackson just makes jay resigning null and void. Only worse.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE