Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Saban Fatigue/Fed Up?

RWS

• The guy your mother warned you about
Re: Saban Fatigue/Fed Up?
« Reply #20 on: January 03, 2018, 04:38:24 PM »
The NFL would like a word.
That's the NFL.  I could sit here all day and explain all the reasons that the NFL is different than college ball, but I'm sure you're an intelligent person and can figure that out for yourself.  In a nutshell, those are guys that are paid and have nothing else to do other than football, not teenagers in college.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"You're too stupid to realize that I'm one of the levelheaded Auburn fans around here" - The Prowler

War Eagle!!!

• The Original Backwards Hat
« Reply #21 on: January 03, 2018, 04:39:15 PM »
When Saban was making his comments about the scheduling, he also brought up Georgia's situation.  They obviously have it worse than Alabama.  They were in a 12 round heavyweight fight with Oklahoma on the other side of the country.  Now they have to come back to Athens, and then leave again Friday.  That leaves you with a solid 2 days of practice at home.  In this case, I think it is a clear disadvantage to Georgia.  As an Alabama fan, I'll take it.  And Saban certainly isn't advocating solely on Georgia's behalf.  But it's not very fair to Georgia, and I think that it is a perfect illustration of a flaw that they should probably fix. 

Who here thinks Georgia's situation is fair?

fuck you
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Six

• Leaning on a broken fence b/t past & present tense
    • My Linktree
« Reply #22 on: January 03, 2018, 04:40:12 PM »
That's the NFL.  I could sit here all day and explain all the reasons that the NFL is different than college ball, but I'm sure you're an intelligent person and can figure that out for yourself.  In a nutshell, those are guys that are paid and have nothing else to do other than football, not teenagers in college.

If you think college players are just "teenagers in college" you are in for an awakening, sir. Like I posted earlier. Saban's always gonna complain. About everything. Rinse. Repeat.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I'm sick of following my dreams...I'm just going to ask them where they are going and hook up with 'em later." - Mitch Hedberg

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #23 on: January 03, 2018, 04:44:55 PM »
Smartest thing you have ever said on here. Get rid of the conference championship game.  I say play 12 games with two off weekends- 9 in conference games, 1 OOC Power 5 School and 2 whomever.

Take the championship to 8 games: 5 Power 5 Championship winners and 3 at large.  Get rid of the rest of the bowl games or at least 80% of them.

Pfffffft....get that well thought out, perfectly sensible plan out of here.  It has no place in the real world.

As for the other bowl games, I honestly don't mind the 400+ meaningless bowl games played every year.  Admittedly, this was the first year I really didn't pay much attention to them, but I love having the option any time of turning on some free foosballz.  Plus, I think most of the players would love the chance to travel and play an extra game.  More exposure too.   
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #24 on: January 03, 2018, 04:47:00 PM »
Smartest thing you have ever said on here. Get rid of the conference championship game.  I say play 12 games with two off weekends- 9 in conference games, 1 OOC Power 5 School and 2 whomever.

Take the championship to 8 games: 5 Power 5 Championship winners and 3 at large.  Get rid of the rest of the bowl games or at least 80% of them.

When you say "5 championship winners", do you mean the declared champions, not from a game?

Your words, they confuse.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

RWS

« Reply #25 on: January 03, 2018, 05:10:14 PM »
As for the other bowl games, I honestly don't mind the 400+ meaningless bowl games played every year.  Admittedly, this was the first year I really didn't pay much attention to them, but I love having the option any time of turning on some free foosballz.  Plus, I think most of the players would love the chance to travel and play an extra game.  More exposure too.
Foosballz is great, but personally, I'm a quality over quantity type of guy.  I watched bits and pieces of 2 or 3 lower tier bowl games.  But I watched all of the big boys play.  99% of the time, there just isn't much entertainment value in watching two 6-6 teams play terrible ball.  Sometimes you get a few unicorns, but for the most part, it's just meh.  I'm sure that you're right, and most players do love the opportunity and exposure - especially the seniors.  And I can get behind it from that standpoint.  But man, some of those teams just have no business playing in a bowl game.  Especially some with interim coaches. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"You're too stupid to realize that I'm one of the levelheaded Auburn fans around here" - The Prowler

Token

« Reply #26 on: January 03, 2018, 05:24:29 PM »
I'm not tired of Saban.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

RWS

« Reply #27 on: January 03, 2018, 05:26:25 PM »
If you think college players are just "teenagers in college" you are in for an awakening, sir. Like I posted earlier. Saban's always gonna complain. About everything. Rinse. Repeat.
I know, but I think you get where I'm coming from on that. 

Yeah, Saban complains, and he's an asshole sometimes.  But he's right on this subject.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #28 on: January 03, 2018, 05:38:38 PM »

:blink:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #29 on: January 03, 2018, 05:38:53 PM »
I know, but I think you get where I'm coming from on that. 

Yeah, Saban complains, and he's an asshole sometimes.  But he's right on this subject.
Shut the fuck up.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #30 on: January 03, 2018, 05:43:32 PM »
Shut the fuck up.
See, you are my friend and we agree. At least on something.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

Token

« Reply #31 on: January 03, 2018, 05:58:49 PM »
4 regional conferences. 
16 teams in each conference.
64 top teams based upon different formulas to determine the top teams. 

10 regular season games within your conference.  No conference championships.  After 10 regular season games that rotate regardless of traditional rivals, the top 4 teams are taken from each conference and placed in a 4 week 16 team playoff.  Winner takes all.  The team from each conference that makes it the deepest into the playoffs is considered the conference champion. 

If you commit any NCAA violations you are removed from major conference division and moved to minor conference division.  At that time, the best teams from the minor divisions are allowed to moved into those conferences.  After your probation you may begin working your way back to the top of the minor division in hopes of jumping back into major divisions.

ALL problems solved.  ALL problems stay solved.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2018, 06:00:39 PM by Token »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #32 on: January 03, 2018, 06:22:16 PM »
4 regional conferences. 

10 regular season games within your conference.  No conference championships.  After 10 regular season games that rotate regardless of traditional rivals, the top 4 teams are taken from each conference and placed in a 4 week 16 team playoff.  Winner takes all.  The team from each conference that makes it the deepest into the playoffs is considered the conference champion. 

If you commit any NCAA violations you are removed from major conference division and moved to minor conference division.  At that time, the best teams from the minor divisions are allowed to moved into those conferences.  After your probation you may begin working your way back to the top of the minor division in hopes of jumping back into major divisions.

Soccer sucks!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #33 on: January 03, 2018, 06:54:00 PM »
He was asked a question.  He answered.  I don't know if anyone has asked Smart.  Saban is an asshole, but he's right about this one.  If you think it doesn't create a disadvantage for UGA, I can't help you.  Like I said, of course he's not advocating for UGA.  But I think that he sees the clear disadvantage they are at and looking ahead, knows Alabama could also be in that situation at some point in the future.

you are assuming he is speaking on uga's behalf and genuinely. Dude is speaking on HIS behalf. Im surprised  an "allegation" about Roquan Smith hasn't arrived on Al.com yet.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #34 on: January 03, 2018, 06:55:30 PM »
4 regional conferences. 

or how bout the power 5 champs and 3 wildcards.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

RWS

« Reply #35 on: January 03, 2018, 09:00:41 PM »
you are assuming he is speaking on uga's behalf and genuinely. Dude is speaking on HIS behalf. Im surprised  an "allegation" about Roquan Smith hasn't arrived on Al.com yet.
As I said earlier, I agree, he's not being an advocate on UGA's behalf.  I think that he sees the clear disadvantage and knows this scenario in the future could put him at a disadvantage at some point, so he's using what's happening now to illustrate his point.  The fact that he's trying to help himself out in the future doesn't make his point wrong, though. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Token

« Reply #36 on: January 03, 2018, 09:03:31 PM »
or how bout the power 5 champs and 3 wildcards.

3 wild cards would create speculation. Top 4 from each conference would more times than not sort itself out. Regular season counts. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #37 on: January 03, 2018, 09:10:25 PM »

Soccer sucks!

You take that back right now or there will be a stern and tersely worded rebuttal coming your way.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #38 on: January 03, 2018, 09:15:49 PM »
This just the start of Stugotz rant.  At the end here where he calls out Minkah Fitzpatrick is when he started rolling.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #39 on: January 04, 2018, 08:31:54 AM »
Take the regular season back to 11 games.  8 conference games, one Power 5 OOC and 2 trusty servant Patsy's.  Then take the winners of all 5 conference championship games and tell them to fuck off, because bammer gonna get in and win it all anyway.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.