Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Gus Bus

War Eagle!!!

• The Original Backwards Hat
Gus Bus
« on: December 03, 2017, 07:37:52 PM »
Sticking around.

I don't blame the SEC championship loss on Gus. That was going to be tough no matter what. And Auburn played decent despite so many things stacked against them.

I do blame the LSU loss on Gus though. And I am pretty damn sure that if Auburn beats LSU, Auburn is #4 in the final polls and playing for a national championship.

But, Gus beat UGA and Alabama at home, and will get a big ass raise, close to $7M/year, another extension and a large buy-out.

Crazy. $7M/year for Gus.

Strange world we live in...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
Re: Gus Bus
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2017, 07:43:47 PM »
Sticking around.

I don't blame the SEC championship loss on Gus. That was going to be tough no matter what. And Auburn played decent despite so many things stacked against them.

I do blame the LSU loss on Gus though. And I am pretty damn sure that if Auburn beats LSU, Auburn is #4 in the final polls and playing for a national championship.

But, Gus beat UGA and Alabama at home, and will get a big ass raise, close to $7M/year, another extension and a large buy-out.

Crazy. $7M/year for Gus.

Strange world we live in...

And what do we get in return?  The Peach Bowl against Central Florida.  Our administration is fucking insane.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2017, 10:45:11 PM »
And what do we get in return?  The Peach Bowl against Central Florida.  Our administration is fucking insane.

Oh I'm madder than hell.  Not at Gus (except a maybe a little) and not at the team or at Auburn. 

So I'm going to look away from the ledge for just a second. 

*takes a breath, holds nose* 

Name the other SEC teams that have played in two straight Big Six bowl games or whatever the fucking fuck they're called. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

chinook

« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2017, 11:38:17 AM »

It's Jays parting gift to Auburn fans. 

I wish I would get lucrative pay increase to grow mediocrity crops and nailing a bumper one every 5 year.

Frick the supply side...I would get nailed from customers for growing shit.

I don't get it.  Well I do but I don't agree with the system in place for college athletics.   
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2017, 11:47:09 AM »
It's Jays parting gift to Auburn fans. 

I wish I would get lucrative pay increase to grow mediocrity crops and nailing a bumper one every 5 year.

Frick the supply side...I would get nailed from customers for growing shit.

I don't get it.  Well I do but I don't agree with the system in place for college athletics.   
I feel like I need to preface everything I say with, I like Gus. Because I do. But, I just believe he finally did his job better this year and then we reward him for doing what he had already agreed to do in a contract that wasn't fulfilled yet.

Why in the fuck have a contract? These mofos win a few games and want to renegotiate. It's totally one sided. They can leave whenever they want and pay a miniscule pay out, a lot of the time anyway.

It is sickening because even though I think Gus is a decent coach, I certainly don't think he's worth this. Where does the justification come from?

If there were actually business people making the decision, with experience in risking their own money, I doubt this contract would've ever made it.

Sexton. That son of a bitch is good.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2017, 01:11:49 PM »
Sexton. That son of a bitch is good.

Honestly, this is all that needs to be said.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2017, 01:23:53 PM »
Honestly, this is all that needs to be said.
Is it? Because I feel we could say so much more.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #7 on: December 13, 2017, 11:46:54 PM »
Coach Malzahn is among the 7 finalist for Coach of The Year award. If Auburn beats UCF in the Bowl game, it'll only be the 6th time in Auburn history that Auburn won 11 games (Malzahn would be part of the last 3 times).
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #8 on: December 14, 2017, 08:23:28 AM »
Coach Malzahn is among the 7 finalist for Coach of The Year award. If Auburn beats UCF in the Bowl game, it'll only be the 6th time in Auburn history that Auburn won 11 games (Malzahn would be part of the last 3 times).

I do wonder if our fans realize that the peach bowl is top of the heap outside of the playoff bowls this year. The pecking changes from year to year with the playoff bowl rotation.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #9 on: December 14, 2017, 08:25:38 AM »
In regards to Gus, doesn't really matter much anymore does it? He is ours for awhile good or bad.

Here is hoping for the good
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #10 on: December 14, 2017, 08:28:35 AM »
In regards to Gus, doesn't really matter much anymore does it? He is ours for awhile good or bad.

Here is hoping for the good

We will vent. We will get frustrated. We will bitch

But yeah you're right. It will all be for simply getting it out. He's unfirable for a while. Good. Or bad. So enjoy the good.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #11 on: December 14, 2017, 09:29:23 AM »
We will vent. We will get frustrated. We will bitch

But yeah you're right. It will all be for simply getting it out. He's unfirable for a while. Good. Or bad. So enjoy the good.

Reality, its wonderful.  :bar:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #12 on: December 14, 2017, 10:12:14 AM »

This is apples and oranges now.  The measuring stick of 11 wins is not the same as it was before a playoff or the SEC championship. 

I would contend that to be on par with what was an 11 win year you now need 12 or 13.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #13 on: December 14, 2017, 10:27:00 AM »
This is apples and oranges now.  The measuring stick of 11 wins is not the same as it was before a playoff or the SEC championship. 

I would contend that to be on par with what was an 11 win year you now need 12 or 13.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."