Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

2018 Installment of MLB Bitchin' & Moanin'

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
2018 Installment of MLB Bitchin' & Moanin'
« on: December 11, 2017, 11:37:44 PM »
Might as well start now. 

Trading Stanton to the Yankees was a shit move by lifetime Yankee Jeter.  Destroys his own franchise and fucks the rest of the AL East in the process. 

Fuck Jeter.  Fuck the fucking Yankees.  And now?  Fuck Stanton.  Bitch.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

Re: 2018 Installment of MLB Bitchin' & Moanin'
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2017, 07:11:31 AM »
I don't really like how Miami played the Cards and the Giants, either.  Stanton was never going to either team, but Miami strings along both teams for 2 weeks.  I guess if the Cards make a deal for either Yelich or Ozuna, then you could argue that their negotiations with Miami on Stanton was really just a jump start for either of those guys.

Cards need a bat.  I keep hearing Donaldson, which the Auburn fan in me loves, and because it would also make Buzzy root for the Cardinals, at least 3 ABs a game, but how much juice does he have left in the tank?  2, maybe 3 seasons?  Not sure he's a long term solution.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2017, 09:26:05 AM »
Might as well start now. 

Trading Stanton to the Yankees was a shit move by lifetime Yankee Jeter.  Destroys his own franchise and fucks the rest of the AL East in the process. 

Fuck Jeter.  Fuck the fucking Yankees.  And now?  Fuck Stanton.  Bitch.
Sorry brother, totally disagree. I thought it was a brilliant move.  There was no way we were going to be able to afford Ozuna and Yelich the Yankees picked up Stanton's entire salary. Plus we got Castro in the deal.

The Marlins biggest problem is not its bats.... it is pitching.  Getting rid of Stanton was necessary to make room to find some pitchers.  In the short run it will hurt but long run it is better for the club.

Also fuck the Yankees
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2017, 11:09:00 AM »
Sorry brother, totally disagree. I thought it was a brilliant move.  There was no way we were going to be able to afford Ozuna and Yelich the Yankees picked up Stanton's entire salary. Plus we got Castro in the deal.

The Marlins biggest problem is not its bats.... it is pitching.  Getting rid of Stanton was necessary to make room to find some pitchers.  In the short run it will hurt but long run it is better for the club.

Also fuck the Yankees

I don't have a problem with them getting rid of Stanton's salary. 

I have a problem with Jeter engineering it so that the Yankees benefitted.  I would rather have seen Stanton go almost anywhere.  Red Sox?  Hells yeah. 

It just seemed to me like a backroom deal where Jeter fucked the rest of the league to help himself and benefit his boys.  Maybe that wasn't any part of it.  Just how I feel.  So still,  fuck Jeter. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2017, 11:33:52 AM »
Look at these two jamokes, would ya? One shot Jeter and the other shot an office.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2017, 12:23:21 PM »
If I were a lion and you were a tuna, I would swim out in the middle of the ocean and freaking eat you and then I'd bang your tuna girlfriend.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2017, 12:32:02 PM »
Coming up against a full grown 800 pound tuna with his 20 or 30 friends, you lose that battle, you lose that battle 9 times out of 10. And guess what, you've wandered into our school of tuna and we now have a taste of lion.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2017, 12:34:26 PM »
At age 11, I audited my parents. Believe me, there were some discrepancies, and I was grounded.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #8 on: December 12, 2017, 12:42:24 PM »
Coming up against a full grown 800 pound tuna with his 20 or 30 friends, you lose that battle, you lose that battle 9 times out of 10. And guess what, you've wandered into our school of tuna and we now have a taste of lion.

We’ve talked, to ourselves. We’ve communicated and said, ‘you know what? lion tastes good. Lets go get some more lion.  We’ve developed a system, to establish a beachhead and aggressively hunt you and your family. And we will corner your, your pride, your children, your offspring...

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #9 on: December 13, 2017, 01:37:44 PM »
So now Ozuna's gone.  To the Cards, no less.

Still feel the same about Jeter's moves? 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #10 on: December 13, 2017, 04:06:47 PM »
So now Ozuna's gone.  To the Cards, no less.

Still feel the same about Jeter's moves?
Perhaps not....but it is baseball so I really don't fucking care that much.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #11 on: December 13, 2017, 04:08:57 PM »
Perhaps not....but it is baseball so I really don't fudgeing care that much.
The fact is we lost our two best players to free agency. We haven't won a pennant in over thirty-five years, we haven't placed higher than fourth in the last fifteen. Obviously it's time for some changes.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #12 on: December 13, 2017, 04:33:58 PM »
Perhaps not....but it is baseball so I really don't fucking care that much.

It's a hate thing for me.

I used to watch the games religiously.  Braves. Cubs. Red Sox.  I bet I watched 150 Bravo games in 1991.

Then the Braves were good for a long time.  I watched less.  Watched the Sox in 04.  Loved me some Manny.

The constant roster changes have sort of ruined it for me.  I don't want to cheer for a rent-a-uniform hack.   
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #13 on: December 14, 2017, 07:44:27 AM »
The fact is we lost our two best players to free agency. We haven't won a pennant in over thirty-five years, we haven't placed higher than fourth in the last fifteen. Obviously it's time for some changes.

This guy here is dead.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #14 on: December 14, 2017, 08:43:24 AM »
This guy here is dead.

Well, cross him off then!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #15 on: January 30, 2018, 06:00:09 AM »
Worst marketing team EVER

http://www.ajc.com/sports/baseball/atlanta-braves-reveal-new-mascot/1xT1llhPQmEnKVhGLpb1HN/

People really get paid to come up with crap like this?  Terrible.  Just terrible.

I'd rather they go back to the Chief. 

Screw the PC, cookie cutter crowd that forced the baseball head mascot on the Braves and that are forcing Cleveland to change the Wahoo mascot. 

"Major League Baseball is committed to building a culture of diversity and inclusion throughout the game," Manfred said in the statement. "Over the past year, we encouraged dialogue with the Indians organization about the club’s use of the Chief Wahoo logo.

I'd just like to say FUCK a culture of diversity and inclusion. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #16 on: January 30, 2018, 08:54:36 AM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #17 on: January 30, 2018, 09:15:07 AM »
Worst marketing team EVER

http://www.ajc.com/sports/baseball/atlanta-braves-reveal-new-mascot/1xT1llhPQmEnKVhGLpb1HN/

People really get paid to come up with crap like this?  Terrible.  Just terrible.

I'd rather they go back to the Chief. 

Screw the PC, cookie cutter crowd that forced the baseball head mascot on the Braves and that are forcing Cleveland to change the Wahoo mascot. 

"Major League Baseball is committed to building a culture of diversity and inclusion throughout the game," Manfred said in the statement. "Over the past year, we encouraged dialogue with the Indians organization about the club’s use of the Chief Wahoo logo.

I'd just like to say FUCK a culture of diversity and inclusion.
I am coming to your house, dressed in my tribal head dress and loin cloth, to scalp you.

Are you gonna be there all day? How big a boy are you?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #18 on: January 30, 2018, 04:30:20 PM »
Speaking of the Braves, an all-to-early look at the roster indicates the purging is most likely complete and they're ready to build back with youth....relatively speaking. 

I get what's going on and I can't say I disagree with it, because it's been the recipe for success recently for several franchises like the Cubs, Stros, Indians etc.  After dismantling the roster, they spent the last couple of years trying to bring the young guys along while dotting the roster with old(er) veterans to kind of keep it together.  Guys like Brandon Phillips, Nick Markakis, Matt Kemp, Bartolo Colon, Nick Swisher and AJ Pierzmininzki-ski have all come though, knowing it was just for a cup of coffee.  Markakis is still on roster, however.

But damn, I look at the current roster and the only guys having proven anything are Freddie Freeman and maybe Ender Enciarte.  The rest of them just make you face palm at the thought of another season 20+ games under .500.  Julio Tehran is the only pitcher who has proven he can get you 14-15 wins.  After that....yeesh!  The outfield has Markakis, Enciarte and 2 guys I don't think I've ever heard of.  The infield is Freeman, Dansby Swanson and a bunch of guys named Gomez or Albies or Santana or some shit.  Catchers are decent but both are 35+ years old. 

The Marlins went fire sale this offseason.  I don't think their fans are too happy about it and shouldn't be.  They had some damn fine, young talent.  But did the Braves try and pick up Yelich or Ozuna or any of them?  Nope.  I'm hoping they've figured out which of these guys are going to blow up and make the Braves contenders again.  Maybe that's the case and they're all looking forward to the season.  But, I imagine it's been close to 30 years since I looked at their roster and had less hope than I do now.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #19 on: January 30, 2018, 04:33:48 PM »
Speaking of the Braves, an all-to-early look at the roster indicates the purging is most likely complete and they're ready to build back with youth....relatively speaking. 

I get what's going on and I can't say I disagree with it, because it's been the recipe for success recently for several franchises like the Cubs, Stros, Indians etc.  After dismantling the roster, they spent the last couple of years trying to bring the young guys along while dotting the roster with old(er) veterans to kind of keep it together.  Guys like Brandon Phillips, Nick Markakis, Matt Kemp, Bartolo Colon, Nick Swisher and AJ Pierzmininzki-ski have all come though, knowing it was just for a cup of coffee.  Markakis is still on roster, however.

But damn, I look at the current roster and the only guys having proven anything are Freddie Freeman and maybe Ender Enciarte.  The rest of them just make you face palm at the thought of another season 20+ games under .500.  Julio Tehran is the only pitcher who has proven he can get you 14-15 wins.  After that....yeesh!  The outfield has Markakis, Enciarte and 2 guys I don't think I've ever heard of.  The infield is Freeman, Dansby Swanson and a bunch of guys named Gomez or Albies or Santana or some shit.  Catchers are decent but both are 35+ years old. 

The Marlins went fire sale this offseason.  I don't think their fans are too happy about it and shouldn't be.  They had some damn fine, young talent.  But did the Braves try and pick up Yelich or Ozuna or any of them?  Nope.  I'm hoping they've figured out which of these guys are going to blow up and make the Braves contenders again.  Maybe that's the case and they're all looking forward to the season.  But, I imagine it's been close to 30 years since I looked at their roster and had less hope than I do now.

Is Rafael Ramierez still out there?  Glenn Hubbard?  Bob Horner? Claudell Washington?  Surely some of those guys are still on the market. 

EDIT:
Ixnay on Horner.  Apparently he got old.  He's got a kid who's a pastor at a church in Texas.   
« Last Edit: January 30, 2018, 04:41:11 PM by Kaos »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions