Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Who Goes? Who Stays? Who Sits?

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
Re: Who Goes? Who Stays? Who Sits?
« Reply #80 on: January 03, 2018, 08:30:18 AM »
Not sure the difference in "coached" and "learned", but I absolutely think you can tell a QB where to throw the ball expecting where the WR is going to be given a certain coverage. That's high school level shit...much less DI SEC ball...

I submit that Stidham proved (after game 4 or so this season) he can and will thread the needle.  The question is why 4 weeks away from the game is the functional equivalent of 2 years for the guy.  "Rust" shouldn't manifest that quickly, but he damned sure held the ball like it was the Clemson game.  This is a coaching issue, not talent.

That said, our OLine did him no favors.  There was a lot of "fuckit" on the field Monday.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

jmar

« Reply #81 on: January 03, 2018, 09:06:53 AM »
I submit that Stidham proved (after game 4 or so this season) he can and will thread the needle.  The question is why 4 weeks away from the game is the functional equivalent of 2 years for the guy.  "Rust" shouldn't manifest that quickly, but he damned sure held the ball like it was the Clemson game.  This is a coaching issue, not talent.

That said, our OLine did him no favors.  There was a lot of "fuckit" on the field Monday.
Nobody ever hit the LB Griffin square, not once. Stidham got harrassed many more times than he was tackled for a loss.
And the stumbling game plan and play calling on first down did him no favors either. It looked like Malzahn from start to finish.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #82 on: January 03, 2018, 09:09:44 AM »

When Malzahn stops thinking he's Schembechler and Lindsey can do his thing Stidham will work well within our offense.

I said this to my buddy the other day. Let CCL run his pass first offense and see how it goes. Stidham is a pass first guy. If not, put in one of the running QBs ans lets live and die with that.

Until CGM lets go, we will be in a stranglehold!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #83 on: January 03, 2018, 09:21:21 AM »

For the win.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

War Eagle!!!

• The Original Backwards Hat
« Reply #84 on: January 03, 2018, 09:32:01 AM »
Joiner still up for the highest bidder. Smoke still out there but getting more attention from State and USCe.

When Malzahn stops thinking he's Schembechler and Lindsey can do his thing Stidham will work well within our offense.
I only care about his place as an Auburn QB. Couldn't give a shit less if he ever "develops" into a pro. MOST NEVER WILL!
Easy to single out a player or deflect from the real problem which is Malzahn.

Malzahn/Stidham bad.
Lindsey/Stidham good.

Why is this so fucking hard for people to understand?
Is it because we need a fall guy, or one that will eventually leave?
No...the real problem is we refuse to admit that we are fucking locked-in for well over a decade with Gus. I will be eating goddamned cat food by the time Malzahn hangs it up at Auburn.

I think you misunderstand. I don't care if our QB ever really developes into a pro...other than for recruiting purposes. However, I would like to see development. Period.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

War Eagle!!!

• The Original Backwards Hat
« Reply #85 on: January 03, 2018, 09:34:21 AM »
Nobody ever hit the LB Griffin square, not once.

Dude single handedly whipped Auburn all-day.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

wesfau2

« Reply #86 on: January 03, 2018, 09:35:43 AM »

Gold.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jmar

« Reply #87 on: January 03, 2018, 09:53:16 AM »
What staff allows a single player to be that disruptive? This wasn't Clemson, Alabama, Georgia, LSU or State.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jmar

« Reply #88 on: January 03, 2018, 09:57:35 AM »
And don't get me started on this disc golf guy side-arming risers that made our '08 secondary look respectable. Jesus the lag time on some of those tosses. Fucking backspin...with bite!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #89 on: January 03, 2018, 10:08:03 AM »
What staff allows a single player to be that disruptive? This wasn't Clemson, Alabama, Georgia, LSU or State.
It’s the “single handed” Comment jmar. Not about the schools.

Don’t you even recognize high level comedy when you see it? This man deserves accolades.

Just follow Wes’ lead. If he likes it, it was high IQ. He says so, anyway.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

jmar

« Reply #90 on: January 03, 2018, 10:30:11 AM »
It’s the “single handed” Comment jmar. Not about the schools.

Don’t you even recognize high level comedy when you see it? This man deserves accolades.

Just follow Wes’ lead. If he likes it, it was high IQ. He says so, anyway.
Humor didn't go unnoticed. My son gave me the one handed line in the second quarter.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #91 on: January 03, 2018, 10:34:52 AM »
Humor didn't go unnoticed. My son gave me the one handed line in the second quarter.
Jmar you did not commend the man.

I don’t want to make a big deal out of this but I can get things done around here.

Like the man’s post.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #92 on: January 03, 2018, 10:39:45 AM »
Not sure the difference in "coached" and "learned", but I absolutely think you can tell a QB where to throw the ball expecting where the WR is going to be given a certain coverage. That's high school level shit...much less DI SEC ball...

I've coached kids who would let it fly in an instant. And I've coached them that would wait for the guy to be standing wide open and waving arms. Its something that is in them. But I do know that as a coach, you have to encourage the aggressiveness. You have to foster that attitude of getting it out early and often.
With Gus, we got the attitude of strangle that ball so the other guy cannot get it. But that fosters a tentative attitude.
Will Gus ever have a true gunslinger? Probably not. But what he's doing to our throwing QBs is not good. Its time to let CCL crank up that pass first game and let that open up the running lanes.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

jmar

« Reply #93 on: January 03, 2018, 11:04:00 AM »
I've coached kids who would let it fly in an instant. And I've coached them that would wait for the guy to be standing wide open and waving arms. Its something that is in them. But I do know that as a coach, you have to encourage the aggressiveness. You have to foster that attitude of getting it out early and often.
With Gus, we got the attitude of strangle that ball so the other guy cannot get it. But that fosters a tentative attitude.
Will Gus ever have a true gunslinger? Probably not. But what he's doing to our throwing QBs is not good. Its time to let CCL crank up that pass first game and let that open up the running lanes.
I can see it Brother. I can see it till they show that overpaid asshole on the sideline looking like he's got it all figured out.

That's when reality sets in.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #94 on: January 03, 2018, 11:15:02 AM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

JR4AU

« Reply #95 on: January 03, 2018, 01:08:32 PM »

The OL was atrocious in the Bowl, and Stidham is, was inconsistent.  Flashes of being good enough to carry the team at times, and others looking like the weak link.  Agree...to some extent...it's a coaching issue with him.  The players are responsible for taking the coaching too, but still...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #96 on: January 03, 2018, 01:15:58 PM »
The OL was atrocious in the Bowl, and Stidham is, was inconsistent.  Flashes of being good enough to carry the team at times, and others looking like the weak link.  Agree...to some extent...it's a coaching issue with him.  The players are responsible for taking the coaching too, but still...

Where in the hell have you been?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Courage is only fear holding on a minute longer.--George S. Patton

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan

wesfau2

« Reply #97 on: January 03, 2018, 01:15:59 PM »
Carlton Davis officially gone per twitter.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Six

• Leaning on a broken fence b/t past & present tense
    • My Linktree
« Reply #98 on: January 03, 2018, 01:21:07 PM »
Honk if your team housed it's two biggest rivals and all they have to show for it is coach's $49 million contract
« Last Edit: January 03, 2018, 01:29:33 PM by The Six »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I'm sick of following my dreams...I'm just going to ask them where they are going and hook up with 'em later." - Mitch Hedberg

JR4AU

« Reply #99 on: January 03, 2018, 01:23:48 PM »
Where in the hell have you been?

Let's see....can't recall last real contact here....

Left the DA's office in 2014 to go coach HS football and teach full time.  Figured if I spent enough time in the classroom I'd wind up in prison for killing a kid, so I went back to practicing law. Now self employed and must actually earn my money so I work all the damn time.   
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions