Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Trying to quantify it

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
Trying to quantify it
« on: December 04, 2017, 08:45:55 AM »
I'm trying to quantify the way I feel today and I can't come up with much of anything to compare. 

As a lifelong Braves fan I became completely invested in the 1991 season.  I watched probably 120 of the 162 regular season games and every second of the playoffs.  When Minnesota won Game Seven that was one of the worst feelings I've ever had in sports.  I didn't want to go to work (and didn't the next day), didn't want to talk to anybody, just wanted to be quiet for a while.  But I wasn't mad. I was just drained and felt helpless.  I wanted them to go back and penalize Hrbek for holding Lonnie, to keep Lonnie from getting deked by the infield fake.. something.  I didn't want it to be over.

When Ben Obomanu flat out dropped a Jason Campbell pass in the end zone in 2003 and we lost to fucking Eli Fucking Manning and the fucking Ole Fucking Miss Fucking Rebels, effectively wrecking the last shred of hope that we were going to capitalize on the promise with which that season had started (more talent than several NFL teams was what the pre-season observers noted, and which turned out to be true in 2004) I had a crisis of conscience.  That loss led to me re-affirming my love for Auburn and writing one of the best things I ever wrote.  DKW tried to claim it for his own and it still sits there with his name on it at the site that shall not be named.  https://www.aufamily.com/forums/topic/1955-a-tiger-looks-at-40/

So much has happened since I wrote that. 

Today I'm despondent.  I'm pissed off.  I'm frustrated.  And frankly, the last fucking thing I wanted to read today was that Auburn shoveled nearly $8 million a year into Gus' pockets when I'm not completely convinced he's up to the job long term.  It only exacerbated the situation. 

I'll get over it.  The person who wrote that piece DKW tried to steal still exists.  It's just buried a little deeper today. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

Jumbo

• Assistant Pledge Master
  • I live on the corner of Epic & Bananas.
Re: Trying to quantify it
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2017, 11:00:45 AM »
I haven’t felt this bad since we lost to FSU in the BCS game, or since 2004 when they left us out of the game. We had and amazing season still lost 3 games? Gus gets a raise for losing 3 Fucking games. I guess we’ll always have to watch Bama slide into the playoffs whether we beat them or not.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You'll never shine if you don't glow.

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2017, 11:05:59 AM »
I hope Oklahoma fucks them all up.

Although I can see it now bama squeaks by Clemson then breaks Baker Mayfield's leg in the 1st quarter only to win their 950th NC.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2017, 11:10:27 AM »
I hope Oklahoma fudges them all up.

Although I can see it now bama squeaks by Clemson then breaks Baker Mayfield's leg in the 1st quarter only to win their 950th NC.

I can't tell you how bad I hope he scores 75 TDs vs UGA, and then at the end, throws Kirby to the field and gives him a dirty sanchez.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Jumbo

• Assistant Pledge Master
  • I live on the corner of Epic & Bananas.
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2017, 11:20:46 AM »
I hope Oklahoma fucks them all up.

Even when Bama loses they win.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You'll never shine if you don't glow.

War Eagle!!!

• The Original Backwards Hat
« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2017, 12:00:36 PM »
Even when Bama loses doesn't have to play, they win.

Fixt
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions