Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Gus gone

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
Re: Gus gone
« Reply #20 on: December 03, 2017, 10:11:29 PM »
fudge Arkansas.

fudge Nick fudgeing Saban for creating this asinine salary scale.

fudge Nick fudgeing Saban for altering the definition of success and creating a rabbit that can’t be caught.

Double fudge the fudgeing CFP for ruining the fudgeing bowl season and for shootting on the conference championship.  If they are just going to pick who thr fudgeing fudge ever why in the fudgeing fudge would you even play the motherfudgeing game.  No championship games and the best four fudgeing  teams get in.  Cormson, OU, Wisconsin, us.  Instead?  We get this fudgeing pile of fudgeing shoot. 

fudge Malzahn for forcing our hand. 

fudge this entire fudgeing weekend. 

fudge.
I'm only going to warn you once.  Get out of my head!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #21 on: December 04, 2017, 12:56:05 AM »
Fuck Arkansas.

Fuck Nick fucking Saban for creating this asinine salary scale.

Fuck Nick fucking Saban for altering the definition of success and creating a rabbit that can’t be caught.

Double fuck the fucking CFP for ruining the fucking bowl season and for shitting on the conference championship.  If they are just going to pick who thr fucking fuck ever why in the fucking fuck would you even play the motherfucking game.  No championship games and the best four fucking  teams get in.  Cormson, OU, Wisconsin, us.  Instead?  We get this fucking pile of fucking shit. 

Fuck Malzahn for forcing our hand. 

Fuck this entire fucking weekend. 

Fuck.
Exactly, have the playoff committee pick the best four in the pre-season. Those 4 just play practice games until the playoffs at the end. Everyone else plays the regular season for #5-#25. If the #4 team has some strange injuries, then maybe they'll put the #5 team in...just as long as they won their Conference.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

jmar

« Reply #22 on: December 04, 2017, 07:16:58 AM »
A lifelong Bama friend told me before the Iron Bowl that he thought they could lose it and still make the playoff.
Now you can say that's a cocky bastard because he knows the SECCG is a fucking waste of time.
We once thought the Big Twelve shouldn't get in without a champtionship game. Just fucking eliminate them and go to a 7 team +1 Ro Ti!

Losing to UGA hurts but to me it's like we lost twice because the Turds waltz right in.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #23 on: December 04, 2017, 07:36:57 AM »
Getting a good mid major coach is what tenn keeps doing.

Malzahn was a one-year Mid Major Coach.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #24 on: December 04, 2017, 08:16:48 AM »
I like Gus a lot. I think he’s a good man and coach.

But something is wrong, somewhere, when you gain 49 million through losing a game. Had he won, I don’t think he stood to gain as much.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #25 on: December 04, 2017, 08:22:53 AM »
The only place Gus is gone to is the fucking bank.  Not his fault that the bullshit CFP motherfuckers effectively rendered our late-season renaissance utterly meaningless. 

I can't make up my mind.  I still feel like the only reason we shoved mountains of money at him is because:

a)the shitshow that's taking place in Tennessee tainted a bunch of possible candidates and made the market look like a bag of dirty dicks
b) the media-fueled rumor that Arkansas was going to offer him an assload of money too (not convinced of that AT ALL)
c) he has the best (or worst depending on your perspective) agent in the business and he played AU like a well-worn fiddle

In the last few games, Gus proved that he can, at times, do what few other coaches have been able to do.  You can list on one hand the teams that mentally and physically dominated Alabama over the last decade.  We did that just over a week ago. 

Over the course of the season, however, he proved that he can fuck up like no other.  Make all the excuses you want, but that team should have beaten both LSU and Clemson.  We shouldn't be sucking on a fucking peach today. 

He proved that he is still gallingly stubborn in terms of personnel.  In 2013 he rode Tre Mason into complete mush.  This year he put so much on kerryon's shoulder that he was half a man on Saturday.  He should not have been in the fucking game and Gus should have had an alternate plan when it became obvious to even the blind squirrel crawling out of the rubble of the detonated Georgia Dome that KJ couldn't carry the load.  But he never, ever, ever, ever, ever fucking has an alternate plan. 

Georgia did.  They punished KJ with cheap shots after almost every carry.  And he still left him in the game.  There's no excuse for that.  Frankly, it's not fair to Kerryon.

On the other hand, we're playing in a Big Six bowl for the second straight season. In the short history of the Big Six only Alabama and (seriously?) Ole Miss can say that. 

So I'm ambivalent.  I'm sorry I was so negative toward him after the LSU game. Now I'm sorry I got caught up in (as someone said) him just doing what he was fucking hired to fucking do. 

Would I rather be a UT fan trying to find some hope in fat Fred Thompson blubbering with his fat blue lips about how they gonna get back on track now, cuz coaches will talk to him, he's so impawtant?  Would I rather be an A&M fan pretending that Jimbo 'never won shit without a crab thief' Fisher is the second coming?  Would I rather be an Ole Miss fan, with Big Bubba Biscuit Belly?  Or an MSU Fan with a cross between Gomer Pyle and fat Vincent D'Onofrio standing at my podium? Or an Arkansas fan oinking along like my third-rate program is an attractive destination for any coach?  Or an LSU fan backing yawyawfuhbalyaw? 

No. But not many of them would want to be us either. 

Had a member of my sorta extended family text me yesterday afternoon.  Not gloating, because he's one of the few who don't.  The text read:  "I feel bad for you today. Really. It's gotta suck and I can't imagine how I'd feel in the same boat.  Maybe we can win it all for you."

Fuck. It does suck. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #26 on: December 04, 2017, 08:46:41 AM »
Well, since we've just made Gus the 4th highest paid coach in the country, (Avg, per year) even ahead of Dabo, we may as well make the best of it. 247 has us currently ranked 9th in the country in recruiting with 18 commitments, four of which are 4-star recruits.  We only signed ten 4-star kids last year.  The one thing that concerns me, as it has the last few years, is the lack of running backs. We have one, albeit a damn good one, committed in Asa Martin. We need at least 3 IMO.     
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

WiregrassTiger

« Reply #27 on: December 04, 2017, 08:48:09 AM »
The only place Gus is gone to is the fucking bank.  Not his fault that the bullshit CFP motherfuckers effectively rendered our late-season renaissance utterly meaningless. 

I can't make up my mind.  I still feel like the only reason we shoved mountains of money at him is because:

a)the shitshow that's taking place in Tennessee tainted a bunch of possible candidates and made the market look like a bag of dirty dicks
b) the media-fueled rumor that Arkansas was going to offer him an assload of money too (not convinced of that AT ALL)
c) he has the best (or worst depending on your perspective) agent in the business and he played AU like a well-worn fiddle

In the last few games, Gus proved that he can, at times, do what few other coaches have been able to do.  You can list on one hand the teams that mentally and physically dominated Alabama over the last decade.  We did that just over a week ago. 

Over the course of the season, however, he proved that he can fuck up like no other.  Make all the excuses you want, but that team should have beaten both LSU and Clemson.  We shouldn't be sucking on a fucking peach today. 

He proved that he is still gallingly stubborn in terms of personnel.  In 2013 he rode Tre Mason into complete mush.  This year he put so much on kerryon's shoulder that he was half a man on Saturday.  He should not have been in the fucking game and Gus should have had an alternate plan when it became obvious to even the blind squirrel crawling out of the rubble of the detonated Georgia Dome that KJ couldn't carry the load.  But he never, ever, ever, ever, ever fucking has an alternate plan. 

Georgia did.  They punished KJ with cheap shots after almost every carry.  And he still left him in the game.  There's no excuse for that.  Frankly, it's not fair to Kerryon.

On the other hand, we're playing in a Big Six bowl for the second straight season. In the short history of the Big Six only Alabama and (seriously?) Ole Miss can say that. 

So I'm ambivalent.  I'm sorry I was so negative toward him after the LSU game. Now I'm sorry I got caught up in (as someone said) him just doing what he was fucking hired to fucking do. 

Would I rather be a UT fan trying to find some hope in fat Fred Thompson blubbering with his fat blue lips about how they gonna get back on track now, cuz coaches will talk to him, he's so impawtant?  Would I rather be an A&M fan pretending that Jimbo 'never won shit without a crab thief' Fisher is the second coming?  Would I rather be an Ole Miss fan, with Big Bubba Biscuit Belly?  Or an MSU Fan with a cross between Gomer Pyle and fat Vincent D'Onofrio standing at my podium? Or an Arkansas fan oinking along like my third-rate program is an attractive destination for any coach?  Or an LSU fan backing yawyawfuhbalyaw? 

No. But not many of them would want to be us either. 

Had a member of my sorta extended family text me yesterday afternoon.  Not gloating, because he's one of the few who don't.  The text read:  "I feel bad for you today. Really. It's gotta suck and I can't imagine how I'd feel in the same boat.  Maybe we can win it all for you."

Fuck. It does suck.
Your words make me want to run off and marry you.

Well, I was just joking about the running off part.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #28 on: December 04, 2017, 09:15:37 AM »
Malzahn was a one-year Mid Major Coach.

Keeps - is the key word. Gus - Who had been a successful coordinator and recruiter in this conference. It's a big difference.

Not gonna argue with you. If you guys wanna jump off a ledge or pitch a hissy fit or play armchair uncle rico all knowing then have at it.

Gus isn't my favorite either. But I don't think he's terrible esp when he gets out of his own way and not coaching with his ass cheeks puckered. You can have stability with a guy who has shown he can coach most of the time and has been involved with beating Saban more than anyone. Or you can run off into the wilderness like tenn has done and texas a&m did for years. The coaching job against ga and bama the end of season was a thing of beauty. He does that for the most part going forward?  Yeah I am ok with it.

I agree the 7 mill salary is asinine. But there isn't much I or you can do about it. It's done. Over.

I think wes summed it up best on that aspect. It's a chess match of supply and demand and this year heavily favors demand winning. Arkansas threw an obscene amount at him because of.....demand. We either match it or move on. For once this was not a sexton ploy. The offer from the hogs was real.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #29 on: December 04, 2017, 09:19:11 AM »
Well, since we've just made Gus the 4th highest paid coach in the country, (Avg, per year) even ahead of Dabo, we may as well make the best of it. 247 has us currently ranked 9th in the country in recruiting with 18 commitments, four of which are 4-star recruits.  We only signed ten 4-star kids last year.  The one thing that concerns me, as it has the last few years, is the lack of running backs. We have one, albeit a damn good one, committed in Asa Martin. We need at least 3 IMO.   

That's the spirit snags.

Srsly tho - 9th is pretty good for auburn at this stage in the game. Lot of cruitin left to be done. Even with the early signing period.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #30 on: December 04, 2017, 09:30:29 AM »
I too am still pissy about the LSU loss, but, damn you can't be pissed about knocking down two #1 teams with both being your biggest rivals. Yes Auburn lost the SECCG to one of those but you know Auburn kind of limped into this game. I'm proud of them.

Gus Gus Gus. He has had us all ready to cut throats but he did exactly what we all said he had to in order to keep his job. Even after all this, he turned down his so called dream job to stay at Auburn. He knows he has something special brewing at Auburn that wouldnt happen at Arkansas.

Also, you guys remember not too long ago how we all were bitching about QB development? I feel you can do a rewind and see this in Stidham. He has come along. Chip might not be too bad.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #31 on: December 04, 2017, 10:09:12 AM »
I'm not pitching a hissy, nor was I calling for the man's head. The whole "We were wrong, Gus" theme that went on after beating Bama, and which obviously extended over into our administration, is what I've always taken issue with.  It dates back quite a few years.   We did it with Bowden in 97' after he luckily won against a terrible Bama team.  He was gone a few games later.  It wasn't euphoria over wins but rather 3 years of Sexton floating rumors about Arkansas that made them continually throw money at Tubs.  BTW, why do we keep getting played by them?  We did it with Chizik after the MNC and two short years later was the worst season in Auburn history....and he gone.  And now, after 3 1/2 years of dismal, underachieving and sometimes embarrassing football, his team gets hot and picks up a couple of big wins.  And this administration makes him the 4th highest paid coach in the country, extending a very solid and well paying contract already in place through 2020.  That's what I have issue with.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

WiregrassTiger

« Reply #32 on: December 04, 2017, 10:10:35 AM »
I too am still pissy about the LSU loss, but, damn you can't be pissed about knocking down two #1 teams with both being your biggest rivals. Yes Auburn lost the SECCG to one of those but you know Auburn kind of limped into this game. I'm proud of them.

Gus Gus Gus. He has had us all ready to cut throats but he did exactly what we all said he had to in order to keep his job. Even after all this, he turned down his so called dream job to stay at Auburn. He knows he has something special brewing at Auburn that wouldnt happen at Arkansas.

Also, you guys remember not too long ago how we all were bitching about QB development? I feel you can do a rewind and see this in Stidham. He has come along. Chip might not be too bad.
Agree^^^. Which concerns me.

We are throwing several things into the same pot and discussing as one.

Championship game performance, Gus’ year, the contract, etc.

We caved and Sexton won again. We had no plan be vs thugs. Why not play the freshman RB and even QB. Go borderline twirley bird when you have nothing to lose.

We were cornered without Kerryon and Pettway, fosho.

The contact? Agree with Snags and K.

It’s a fantastic job by Sexton, as usual. We have terrible negotiators imo.

Winning these two games and this season is great but doesn’t warrant this raise.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

WiregrassTiger

« Reply #33 on: December 04, 2017, 10:12:16 AM »
I'm not pitching a hissy, nor was I calling for the man's head. The whole "We were wrong, Gus" theme that went on after beating Bama, and which obviously extended over into our administration, is what I've always taken issue with.  It dates back quite a few years.   We did it with Bowden in 97' after he luckily won against a terrible Bama team.  He was gone a few games later.  It wasn't euphoria over wins but rather 3 years of Sexton floating rumors about Arkansas that made them continually throw money at Tubs.  BTW, why do we keep getting played by them?  We did it with Chizik after the MNC and two short years later was the worst season in Auburn history....and he gone.  And now, after 3 1/2 years of dismal, underachieving and sometimes embarrassing football, his team gets hot and picks up a couple of big wins.  And this administration makes him the 4th highest paid coach in the country, extending a very solid and well paying contract already in place through 2020.  That's what I have issue with.
Agree with GH. You’re  acting like a douche.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #34 on: December 04, 2017, 10:24:54 AM »
Agree with GH. You’re  acting like a douche.

That's douche bag to you, fella'.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

War Eagle!!!

• The Original Backwards Hat
« Reply #35 on: December 04, 2017, 10:31:05 AM »

But I don't think he's terrible esp when he gets out of his own way and not coaching with his ass cheeks puckered.

He gets in his way more often than not.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

War Eagle!!!

• The Original Backwards Hat
« Reply #36 on: December 04, 2017, 10:32:40 AM »
Chip might not be too bad.

So Chip is responsible for Gus getting $7M/year for the next 7 years?

Ok.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #37 on: December 04, 2017, 10:48:28 AM »

If we'd announced this prior to the SEC-CG maybe it wouldn't taste so sour.  Doing it the day after stinks. 

Also, for those of you saying that loss wasn't on him?  I'm not going to talk about it any more, but I don't completely agree. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

« Reply #38 on: December 04, 2017, 10:50:34 AM »
And this administration makes him the 4th highest paid coach in the country, extending a very solid and well paying contract already in place through 2020.  That's what I have issue with.

Bingo.  We are paying him Jimbo Fisher/Urban Meyer money, without the Jimbo Fisher/Urban Meyer hardware.

I said this earlier this morning, it's all going to boil down to two questions.
1) Is an 8-4 season going to be considered a disappointment?
2) Is Jeremy Johnson the aberration or the norm?

And what should our realistic expectations going forward be?  We're paying the man top 5 money, I expect top 5 results.  At a minimum, we should enter Amen Corner knowing that we are in position to make the college football playoffs should we take care of business. 

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #39 on: December 04, 2017, 11:00:49 AM »
I want to have a meange with Kaos and Snaggle in this thread.

I like Jarhead's idea I wish we would have said to him we will give you a bump to 5.5 million base salary and every win above 8 you get another 500k.

We just paid a guy top coaching figures!?!?!! The same guy who was close to being fired mid-October...dafucq? I'm not saying he didn't deserve some monies but it wasn't worth that.  We still don't know what kind of coach we have, so the narrative remains what it always has been, wait and see with him.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum