Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

The Spiral Continues

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
The Spiral Continues
« on: November 29, 2017, 10:58:26 AM »
foxynewz copy/pasta

ESPN President John Skipper announced Wednesday morning the network will be terminating approximately 150 employees, bringing the total number of employees the network has let go in 2017 to about 250.

Of the latest round of layoffs, Skipper stated, "We appreciate their contributions, and will assist them as much as possible in this difficult moment with severance, a 2017 bonus, the continuation of health benefits and outplacement services."

The employees that were let go worked in "studio production, digital content, and technology."

A source will knowledge of the situation said the layoffs announced Wednesday are part of an effort to "consolidate resources" at the company.
Skipper said network plans to invest in way to "best position us to serve the modern sports fan and support the success of our business."

ESPN let go several veterans of the network in April including Ed Werder, Trent Dilfer and Danny Kanell in a round of cuts that impacted about 100 employees.

Our source told Fox News that though 250 employees have been laid off this year, the company is still hiring -- just in different departments.

"There are a number growth initiatives going on [at ESPN]," the source insisted.

ESPN has had a somewhat rocky year. The network came under fire in August after they pulled an announcer from a college football game named Robert Lee because his name is similar to that of Confederate general Robert E. Lee. The network also faced heat after suspending Jemele Hill in October after she violated their social media guidelines twice for calling on Twitter for people to boycott advertisers over the NFL protests and for calling President Trump a "white supremacist."

ESPN also cancelled "Barstool Van Talk" in October after one episode amid outcry over the Barstool's brand's commentary on women.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Re: The Spiral Continues
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2017, 11:02:32 AM »
Maybe we could hire one of them to update the X front page.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

chinook

« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2017, 11:11:55 AM »

Can the server handle the update?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2017, 11:12:58 AM »
Can the server handle the update?

As long as they have enough flair.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2017, 01:12:08 PM »
I bet they know whether or not we can win right away now.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2017, 01:41:34 PM »
I bet they know whether or not we can win right away now.
We can in fact win right away
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2017, 01:56:35 PM »
We can in fact win right away

That's just squirrely.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2017, 02:46:43 PM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #8 on: November 29, 2017, 03:03:04 PM »
That's wild.

Man, this whole thread is like a rollercoaster ride.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #9 on: November 29, 2017, 04:32:42 PM »
Man, this whole thread is like a rollercoaster ride.

That's the same thing my fortune cookie said at lunch.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions