Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Next Week

The Six

• Leaning on a broken fence b/t past & present tense
    • My Linktree
Next Week
« on: November 18, 2017, 04:39:30 PM »
I expect a good fight which will come up short against a deeper team (yes, even with the injuries). Auburn is one hard shot against Stidham or Kerryon from being knee deep in shitville on offense. Defensive line is banged up but will probably but up and play hard in spite.

Gus will be fine but next years will be quite different without four OL up front and at least one of those backs gone. But he’ll probably do enough to keep madame AD from canning him as she cleans up the mess that is men’s basketball.

I said this year I thought 8 wins was the ceiling and anything above that was icing on the cake. I stand by that even now. 9-3 probably gets us a Florida bowl against the Big10 which is favorable.

:aubie:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I'm sick of following my dreams...I'm just going to ask them where they are going and hook up with 'em later." - Mitch Hedberg

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
Re: Next Week
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2017, 05:34:22 PM »
Really really disappointed that we needed the defense today to the point we got Holland, Coe, Dinson, Wooten, Williams and Davis banged up.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

bottomfeeder

• We're screwed.
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2017, 05:46:16 PM »
For not resting the starters we have Guz to blame. He is officially an idiot in my book.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2017, 09:05:25 PM »
He's just sandbagging guys.  Don't you see it?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

jmar

« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2017, 10:02:57 PM »
Now sea hear!

When have we ever done what was hoped for, expected, needed or warranted? Seriously!

You saw this limp dick letdown coming regardless of what the other teams did Saturday and this is textbook Auburn under Malzahn.

Tre Williams looked to be the worst loss but Steele was able to dial up a little extra heat to hide some of that savvy that will be absent next week. Will Alabama exploit that?
They will certainly try.

But it will come down as always to stopping the run first, guessing when Dabol chooses to throw it and bringing outside pressure while containing Hurts.
Ridley scares me but no more than TAMU's Christian Kirk.

The Bam punter is my main worry.
Can't believe I just said that.
The punter, JK Scott is their great equalizer. He doesn't allow ANY returns and regularly flips the field.
And to make matters worse we will probably go brain dead and fair catch everything, including balls inside the ten.  :facepalm:

But we hang our hat on our veteran offensive line in tests like these anyway so some of that worry should be mitigated.
Plainly said: We can either knock their asses back and operate fully and functionally or we are done. Everything feeds from that.
And as negative as I can often times get this gives me comfort as an Auburn fan.
Our line is stout.
Kerryon is nails.
Stidham is very accurate.
Everything else is about execution.
We do that-we advance.

Steele's group will answer according to the flow of the game.
That too gives me confidence.
 :aubie: :aubie: :aubie:

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions