Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

What is the best Game Console For Kids

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
Re: What is the best Game Console For Kids
« Reply #20 on: November 17, 2017, 02:29:54 PM »
Just get one of those old Nintendo modules that has all of the old games.(you'll play Contra with them) Start them on the Disney series. Lion King is a good one. Then when they get old enough to get a good system, they will appreciated it!

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/snes-classic-in-stock-again-today-at-walmart-heres/1100-6454950/
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

jmar

« Reply #21 on: November 17, 2017, 03:36:22 PM »
Sorry. I had a brain freeze.  I just had something else on my mind and wasn't thinking straight.  Don't stroke out over it.
Now he's telling WT how to behave.
He's not a 9 year old Snags.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #22 on: November 24, 2017, 08:35:26 AM »
Just get one of those old Nintendo modules that has all of the old games.(you'll play Contra with them) Start them on the Disney series. Lion King is a good one. Then when they get old enough to get a good system, they will appreciated it!

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/snes-classic-in-stock-again-today-at-walmart-heres/1100-6454950/

I was wanting the classic nes mini so bad...but really didn't want to shell out $200+ for the privilege of playing.

I'm going to try loading an emulator and some roms on my Amazon Fire.  I ordered a bluetooth nes controller and I think I'm ready to rock.

Anyone tried this setup?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #23 on: November 30, 2017, 04:05:06 PM »
I was wanting the classic nes mini so bad...but really didn't want to shell out $200+ for the privilege of playing.

I'm going to try loading an emulator and some roms on my Amazon Fire.  I ordered a bluetooth nes controller and I think I'm ready to rock.

Anyone tried this setup?

I grabbed my bluetooth and shot a wad of nes all over your mom's chest. Only setup I've tried.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

« Reply #24 on: November 30, 2017, 10:47:36 PM »
I grabbed my bluetooth and shot a wad of nes all over your mom's chest. Only setup I've tried.
Once we rig Roy Moore, not have to read this profane on Internet.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #25 on: January 02, 2018, 11:33:37 AM »
I have thought much about this question and believe I can now answer definitively. 

The best gaming console is the front door.  Send them out it and let them make their own games out of grass, dirt, sticks, rocks, bugs, trees, etc. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #26 on: January 02, 2018, 11:52:12 AM »
I have thought much about this question and believe I can now answer definitively. 

The best gaming console is the front door.  Send them out it and let them make their own games out of grass, dirt, sticks, rocks, bugs, trees, etc.

Correct.  Earlier last year, Snagette and I were headed to the beach for the weekend. We asked Snags Light if he wanted to ask a friend to go with him.  He was dead serious when he asked us, "What would we do?"

You're kidding, right?  Right?  It's the beach.  In his mind, it didn't make sense to pack up his Nintendo/Playstationy/X-Box thingy and tote it all the way to the beach to play it down there.  Plus, he could stare at his phone all day here at home just as well.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

chinook

« Reply #27 on: January 02, 2018, 11:52:37 AM »

balance.

our kids 10 and 12.  girl and boy.   we do not own a modern day gaming console.   i have a wii that was bought around the time our oldest was born or shortly after.

our kids don't relate to other kids.  gaming is foreign to my kids.  cell phones are another thing...our kids don't have one.  perhaps, our son is the lonely 7th grader without one.  kids heads are buried to them.  i will not say our kids are perfect as the TV can be a default to wasted time. 

my kids don't have the same neighborhood i grew up in with 2 acre lots with woods to build "ewok" forts.  lot of newer homes are built on smaller lots stripped of every living thing.  i like to say we try to balance but doesn't always happen.  parents are part of the solution, sadly many are buried in their phones. 

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #28 on: January 02, 2018, 12:16:23 PM »
balance.

our kids 10 and 12.  girl and boy.   we do not own a modern day gaming console.   i have a wii that was bought around the time our oldest was born or shortly after.

our kids don't relate to other kids.  gaming is foreign to my kids.  cell phones are another thing...our kids don't have one.  perhaps, our son is the lonely 7th grader without one.  kids heads are buried to them.  i will not say our kids are perfect as the TV can be a default to wasted time. 

my kids don't have the same neighborhood i grew up in with 2 acre lots with woods to build "ewok" forts.  lot of newer homes are built on smaller lots stripped of every living thing.  i like to say we try to balance but doesn't always happen.  parents are part of the solution, sadly many are buried in their phones.

I wish we had the same willpower to enforce some kind of balance, but unfortunately, it's a little late for that.  One kid grown and out of the house and Snags Light is 17.  He's not so much into gaming anymore but his face is absolutely buried in his phone...with headphones on.  It's our fault because we've just never put our foot down about it.  Gotta' say I respect you and the Mrs. for taking that stand. 

I'll spare everyone the old, "Back in the day" speech.  Just suffice it to say that electronics weren't a part of our upbringing.  I have a ton of great memories from all the stuff we did as kids, the majority of it in the great outdoors. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #29 on: January 02, 2018, 01:36:53 PM »
I wish we had the same willpower to enforce some kind of balance, but unfortunately, it's a little late for that.  One kid grown and out of the house and Snags Light is 17.  He's not so much into gaming anymore but his face is absolutely buried in his phone...with headphones on.  It's our fault because we've just never put our foot down about it.  Gotta' say I respect you and the Mrs. for taking that stand. 

I'll spare everyone the old, "Back in the day" speech.  Just suffice it to say that electronics weren't a part of our upbringing.  I have a ton of great memories from all the stuff we did as kids, the majority of it in the great outdoors.

Back in the day...

When I was a kid I built ramps and jumped my bike over cars, ditches and other dangers.  I once piled wood into a shallow ditch, set it on fire and jumped my bike through that.  I built "forts" out of rocks I dug up.  I climbed trees and read books and napped in the branches. I built model cars so I could blow them up with firecrackers and gasoline. I dammed creeks and caught fish, turtles and the occasional snake.  I'd leave the house early and come back in for lunch and when it got dark.  Sometimes not even then.  A couple of times I built litttle shelters in the woods/trees and slept there when my folks said it was okay. 

That's apparently over.  My kids never get dirty.  Never climb trees. Never build anything or do much of anything physical.

At the Christmas dinner table I looked around.  The ages around the table were:  27, 26, 23, 18, 17, 17, 18, 50+ and 50.  Only two of those weren't on the phone doing who knows what.  Instafacing, bookgramming, whatever.   Same thing at a bigger dinner a few days before.  Fifteen people in the room and twelve of them looking at their phones. 

You know what I want to invent?  A cloaking device.  Something I can turn on that will disable all cell phones, iPads and any of that shit to force people to put them down for an hour or so. 

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

chinook

« Reply #30 on: January 02, 2018, 01:43:25 PM »
Back in the day...

When I was a kid I built ramps and jumped my bike over cars, ditches and other dangers.  I once piled wood into a shallow ditch, set it on fire and jumped my bike through that.  I built "forts" out of rocks I dug up.  I climbed trees and read books and napped in the branches. I built model cars so I could blow them up with firecrackers and gasoline. I dammed creeks and caught fish, turtles and the occasional snake.  I'd leave the house early and come back in for lunch and when it got dark.  Sometimes not even then.  A couple of times I built litttle shelters in the woods/trees and slept there when my folks said it was okay. 

That's apparently over.  My kids never get dirty.  Never climb trees. Never build anything or do much of anything physical.

At the Christmas dinner table I looked around.  The ages around the table were:  27, 26, 23, 18, 17, 17, 18, 50+ and 50.  Only two of those weren't on the phone doing who knows what.  Instafacing, bookgramming, whatever.   Same thing at a bigger dinner a few days before.  Fifteen people in the room and twelve of them looking at their phones. 

You know what I want to invent?  A cloaking device.  Something I can turn on that will disable all cell phones, iPads and any of that shit to force people to put them down for an hour or so.

it's called data limits and pulling the plug on the wifi.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

wesfau2

« Reply #31 on: January 02, 2018, 02:31:22 PM »

I don't know if it went anywhere, but comedy clubs were looking at something like this to forestall the leaking of a comedian's set.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

chinook

« Reply #32 on: January 02, 2018, 02:52:30 PM »
I don't know if it went anywhere, but comedy clubs were looking at something like this to forestall the leaking of a comedian's set.

Guess that failed...comedy on the X is golden. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #33 on: January 02, 2018, 03:25:04 PM »
WALL-E...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #34 on: January 04, 2018, 09:07:36 AM »
Guess that failed...comedy on the X is golden.
Nobody wants to leak any of this stuff though
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

wesfau2

« Reply #35 on: January 04, 2018, 10:03:51 AM »
Nobody wants to leak any of this stuff though

I wanna piss on you.  Does that count?

Drip drip drip.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

War Eagle!!!

• The Original Backwards Hat
« Reply #36 on: January 04, 2018, 10:11:33 AM »
Only thing that makes my life complete is to turn your face into a toilet seat.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #37 on: January 04, 2018, 10:18:31 AM »
Correct.  Earlier last year, Snagette and I were headed to the beach for the weekend. We asked Snags Light if he wanted to ask a friend to go with him.  He was dead serious when he asked us, "What would we do?"

You're kidding, right?  Right?  It's the beach.  In his mind, it didn't make sense to pack up his Nintendo/Playstationy/X-Box thingy and tote it all the way to the beach to play it down there.  Plus, he could stare at his phone all day here at home just as well.
Noah can babysit him if you need.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #38 on: January 04, 2018, 10:24:35 AM »

It's called a cell phone jammer and unfortunately, they are illegal.

However you can build one.
https://www.wikihow.com/Make-Your-Own-Cell-Phone-Jammer
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

chinook

« Reply #39 on: January 04, 2018, 11:25:06 AM »
Noah can babysit him if you need.

You really think he has the time?  Building a boat and then overseeing thousands of animals?!?!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions