Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

2017-18 College Basketball Bitchin' and Moanin' Thread

ssgaufan

• WDE!!!
Re: 2017-18 College Basketball Bitchin' and Moanin' Thread
« Reply #400 on: March 08, 2018, 12:10:18 PM »
No respect.  

I flipped over to  the Ole Miss/South Carolina game for about five minutes.  Idiot announcers talking about how close Ole Miss was this season and I hear this:

"The Rebels split the season series with Auburn..."  

No.  No they did not.  I was sure of that and then even went to look to make sure again.  No.

Also.....

Remember when al.com had an orgasmic spooge fest when Alabama beat Oklahoma?  I do.  It dominated the site for several days.  There was a 68-photo gallery of celebration.  

OU might not even make the tournament after losing something like 11 of the last 13, falling to a 9 seed in their own league and getting drummed out of the Little 12 Tournament in the first round yesterday.  

Why is Alabama still considered a fairly sure bet for the tournament?  We've had much better records and performances over the years and didn't even get NIT bids.  
It's got to be money driven.  The high rollers at bama can't stand the fact that AU is having a great season and going to make the tourney with ease, while they are moping along.  They have enough people in the media to keep their name in the conversation, even though it doesn't belong there.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #401 on: March 08, 2018, 01:48:20 PM »
No respect.  

I flipped over to  the Ole Miss/South Carolina game for about five minutes.  Idiot announcers talking about how close Ole Miss was this season and I hear this:

"The Rebels split the season series with Auburn..."  

No.  No they did not.  I was sure of that and then even went to look to make sure again.  No.

Also.....

Remember when al.com had an orgasmic spooge fest when Alabama beat Oklahoma?  I do.  It dominated the site for several days.  There was a 68-photo gallery of celebration.  

OU might not even make the tournament after losing something like 11 of the last 13, falling to a 9 seed in their own league and getting drummed out of the Little 12 Tournament in the first round yesterday.  

Why is Alabama still considered a fairly sure bet for the tournament?  We've had much better records and performances over the years and didn't even get NIT bids.  
I don't think they should but my guess is because this is the strongest and deepest the SEC has ever been.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #402 on: March 08, 2018, 01:56:41 PM »
Mercedes Benz is the answer to every question.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #403 on: March 09, 2018, 10:53:30 AM »
Mercedes Benz is the answer to every question.
Expect excellence!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #404 on: March 11, 2018, 10:06:02 PM »
I guess the excitement has died down.  Nobody posting about our place at the table? Not for me.  Despite the late season swoon, the Tigers finished 25-7 and SEC champs.  Think about that for a second.  25-7.  SEC champs.  15 years since we even got an invitation to the Dance. 

So here we are.  A #4 seed.  The opponent is College of Charleston.  The winner plays the winner of Clemson and New Mexico State.  This team will be rested.  This team has been tested.  Do any of those other 3 teams strike fear in your heart?  It's a very real possibility that we find ourselves in the Sweet 16.  Maybe not.  But here's the thing. The SEC got 8....count em'...8 teams in the tourney.  Auburn won a league that's vastly improved.  I think Pearl has them balls to the wall.  Running like crazy, launching 3's and playing stingy D.

Kick ass, Auburn!!! 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #405 on: March 11, 2018, 11:04:30 PM »
I guess the excitement has died down.  Nobody posting about our place at the table? Not for me.  Despite the late season swoon, the Tigers finished 25-7 and SEC champs.  Think about that for a second.  25-7.  SEC champs.  15 years since we even got an invitation to the Dance.

So here we are.  A #4 seed.  The opponent is College of Charleston.  The winner plays the winner of Clemson and New Mexico State.  This team will be rested.  This team has been tested.  Do any of those other 3 teams strike fear in your heart?  It's a very real possibility that we find ourselves in the Sweet 16.  Maybe not.  But here's the thing. The SEC got 8....count em'...8 teams in the tourney.  Auburn won a league that's vastly improved.  I think Pearl has them balls to the wall.  Running like crazy, launching 3's and playing stingy D.

Kick ass, Auburn!!!
I'm not down.  

I was just dreading the tournament because it was somehow inevitable we'd have to play those broccoli-topped motherfuckers and just as inevitable that we'd lose to their cheating asses.  And equally terribly inevitable that we would open the door to the tournament for them.  That dampened my enthusiasm temporarily.  We win the first round game and I'll be right back on the train. 

I'm happy with where we are. I'd like to think (again) that we're in a good place and the future is shiny and bright.  My face is full of stinking damn scars from biting that bait, though.  
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

jmar

« Reply #406 on: March 12, 2018, 10:09:18 AM »
Not down just pausing for a spell.
Charleston has good balanced scoring. If we survive the opener we get a very physical team from the Clemson- New Mex. St. winner which airs after ours. 
Be thrilled to win two. Gets crazy tough beyond that.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #407 on: March 12, 2018, 11:36:53 AM »
I guess the excitement has died down.  Nobody posting about our place at the table? Not for me.  Despite the late season swoon, the Tigers finished 25-7 and SEC champs.  Think about that for a second.  25-7.  SEC champs.  15 years since we even got an invitation to the Dance.

So here we are.  A #4 seed.  The opponent is College of Charleston.  The winner plays the winner of Clemson and New Mexico State.  This team will be rested.  This team has been tested.  Do any of those other 3 teams strike fear in your heart?  It's a very real possibility that we find ourselves in the Sweet 16.  Maybe not.  But here's the thing. The SEC got 8....count em'...8 teams in the tourney.  Auburn won a league that's vastly improved.  I think Pearl has them balls to the wall.  Running like crazy, launching 3's and playing stingy D.

Kick ass, Auburn!!!
4-14 slated to finish 11th in the conference.  I'm already ecstatic.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #408 on: March 12, 2018, 01:06:38 PM »

Kick ass, Auburn!!!
I sure am glad that I'm not gay.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #409 on: March 12, 2018, 02:32:25 PM »
Bring on Kansas baby!

I hope they play Wheel in the Sky
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.