« Reply #20 on: November 30, 2017, 01:20:51 PM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
Re: 2017-18 College Basketball Bitchin' and Moanin' Thread
« Reply #21 on: November 30, 2017, 01:30:09 PM »
I have no aspirations so I thus will not be disappointed.  I just said will be a spoiler, I didn't say tourney bound.

Thats where Im at and honestly most AU fans as it stands right now considering the circumstances. I was impressed and saw a bunch of kids having fun. I really like the Okeke kid. I'm thinking hes gonna be a goodn. Heron though, he is a serious baller. Not gonna hold my breath, but DAYUM, what this team would be like with Wiley and Purifoy on the floor.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #22 on: November 30, 2017, 03:14:13 PM »
Somebody done said Wiley is back in on Sunday!

Any news on this?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #23 on: November 30, 2017, 03:17:46 PM »
Somebody done said Wiley is back in on Sunday!

Any news on this?

I haven't heard a specific date, but my skreets say how do you do will be back very soon, while Purifoy has most likely played his last game for Auburn.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #24 on: December 02, 2017, 12:01:20 AM »
Next two games are both at home against George Mason (4-3) and Gardner Webb (2-6).  Both very winnable games.  George Mason is decent, as always, but lost to Louisville, Louisiana Lafayette badly and some other small team.  Gardner Webb is bad.  They should handle their bidnezz against both to go 7-1. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #25 on: December 03, 2017, 07:50:31 PM »
Auburn fell behind midway through the 2nd half, but went on a tear to pull away for a 79-63 win over George Mason.  Tigers now 6-1.  Wiley and Purifoy both sat again.  I had been hearing that Wiley might be ready to go by today.  My question is WTF takes so long to decide if a kid is eligible or not?  The Person story broke almost 3 months ago.  Just make a decision.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #26 on: December 06, 2017, 10:25:41 PM »
AU handles that bidnezz as expected, 80-55 vs. Gardner Webb.  Good guys go to 7-1.  Five more OOC games before we open Conference play on the road to Tennessee.  We have UAB, who handled Troy last night.  Then Middle Tennessee and Murray State before UConn comes calling.  Finish up at home on 12-30 against Cornell.

Sounds like we should handle this schedule based on the opponents; however:

UAB 6-3

Middle Tennessee 6-1 and just knocked off Vandy in Nashville

Murray State 5-1

UConn 6-3  Always a damn good program but they've been slapped by Mich. State, Arky and Syracuse.

Cornell 3-4

If we navigate this with only one loss, we should be ready to take on the SEC.  And....neither Wiley or Purifoy played again.   
« Last Edit: December 06, 2017, 10:28:28 PM by Snaggletiger »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #27 on: December 07, 2017, 11:25:35 AM »
AU handles that bidnezz as expected, 80-55 vs. Gardner Webb.  Good guys go to 7-1.  Five more OOC games before we open Conference play on the road to Tennessee.  We have UAB, who handled Troy last night.  Then Middle Tennessee and Murray State before UConn comes calling.  Finish up at home on 12-30 against Cornell.

Sounds like we should handle this schedule based on the opponents; however:

UAB 6-3

Middle Tennessee 6-1 and just knocked off Vandy in Nashville

Murray State 5-1

UConn 6-3  Always a damn good program but they've been slapped by Mich. State, Arky and Syracuse.

Cornell 3-4

If we navigate this with only one loss, we should be ready to take on the SEC.  And....neither Wiley or Purifoy played again.
I'm getting REAL sick of this not having Wiley or Purifoy cleared by now bullshit, and I guarantee they're 100 times as pissed as I am.

FIGURE THE SHIT OUT, AUBURN.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #28 on: December 07, 2017, 01:59:44 PM »
I'm getting REAL sick of this not having Wiley or Purifoy cleared by now bullshit, and I guarantee they're 100 times as pissed as I am.

You should email Leath. I bet he would reply back.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #29 on: December 07, 2017, 03:49:27 PM »

They didn't have any trouble clearing that thug at Bama even though his trangressions were essentially the same.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #30 on: December 09, 2017, 06:19:04 PM »
Soon to be former #1 Dookies took it on the chin.  BC takes them down 89-84.  Auburn goes to 8-1 with an 85-80 win over the Green Dragons from Birmingham.  A most ripping victory.  Middle Tennessee up next in Birmingham for some reason.   
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jmar

« Reply #31 on: December 09, 2017, 07:58:45 PM »
Soon to be former #1 Dookies took it on the chin.  BC takes them down 89-84.  Auburn goes to 8-1 with an 85-80 win over the Green Dragons from Birmingham.  A most ripping victory.  Middle Tennessee up next in Birmingham for some reason.   
There's probably some well thought out excuse like their buses being scheduled for maintenance. Could be a trap.
I don't like it either inspector.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

War Eagle!!!

• The Original Backwards Hat
« Reply #32 on: December 11, 2017, 09:40:16 AM »
From JGT:

Here's what I'm hearing from behind the scenes ...

The NCAA considers the FBI's initial complaint against Chuck Person — all facts and conclusions contained therein — to be essentially above reproach. It's Gospel. So when Auburn launches its own investigation and disagrees with some of the FBI's facts or interpretations, the NCAA views these differences with a skeptical eye. It's an uphill battle; the burden of proof is on the school.

Auburn has appealed for Wiley's reinstatement. That happened some time ago. I'd estimate that it's been three weeks. The NCAA phoned several days after the initial paperwork was received to ask for some additional detail/clarification on a particular issue that Auburn disputed. Auburn's view of Issue A deviated from the FBI's view of Issue A, which piqued the NCAA's curiosity.

It appeared that the NCAA was satisfied with Auburn's additional/detail on Issue A, which is when I came to you all and said: WILEY WILL BE CLEARED IN SHORT ORDER.

Well, much to my chagrin, the NCAA then came back a second time and asked for additional detail/clarification on what we'll call Issue B. Auburn since has provided what it considers appropriate documentation regarding Issue B. That happened last week.

So now Auburn and Wiley must continue to wait for the NCAA to either:
a.) Affirm Auburn's desire to certify Wiley;
b.) Ask for additional details/clarification on Issue A, B or even a new one;
c.) Assess Wiley as permanently ineligible.

I still believe Wiley will be cleared to play. I won't say anything beyond that.

As an aside, I believe Purifoy will be ruled permanently ineligible and will elect to play overseas in (early) 2018 in hopes of piquing NBA interest. I could be wrong on that, but I doubt that I am.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #33 on: December 11, 2017, 09:54:21 AM »
They didn't have any trouble clearing that thug at Bama even though his trangressions were essentially the same.

The talking heads said at the time that his were worse, mainly because there was an AAU issue at play there as well.  It took the University of ALNCAA exactly one game to "clear him."
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
« Reply #34 on: December 11, 2017, 11:11:38 AM »
From JGT:
That all makes sense and jives with what I've been hearing.

If we get out of this with no probation, Bruce intact, Wiley getting cleared before we enter conference play after doing pretty well without him, and just losing Purifoy, I'll consider that a big win.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

djsimp

« Reply #35 on: December 11, 2017, 11:44:06 AM »
That all makes sense and jives with what I've been hearing.

If we get out of this with no probation, Bruce intact, Wiley getting cleared before we enter conference play after doing pretty well without him, and just losing Purifoy, I'll consider that a big win.

Just curious, is probation and etc considered as a strong possibility....from what you've been hearing?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

chinook

« Reply #36 on: December 11, 2017, 11:46:42 AM »

Get in the 90's spirit for an @AuburnMBB vs @MT_MBB; @UAB_MBB vs @AAMUBulldogs doubleheader in Legacy Arena on 12/16/17. We're going full throwback mode #BHMJAM
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
« Reply #37 on: December 11, 2017, 11:47:09 AM »
Just curious, is probation and etc considered as a strong possibility....from what you've been hearing?
When I say "hearing", I'm not doing any e-penis flexing. I'm just saying from reports I've read and podcasts I've listened to from beat writers, etc.

But no, I haven't seen any serious speculation that we're looking at probation, currently.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

djsimp

« Reply #38 on: December 11, 2017, 12:20:29 PM »
When I say "hearing", I'm not doing any e-penis flexing. I'm just saying from reports I've read and podcasts I've listened to from beat writers, etc.

But no, I haven't seen any serious speculation that we're looking at probation, currently.

Aight, cool. It would just seem to me that if Bruce was looking at, you know, getting canned that Auburn would have put him on some sort of leave along with the absence of Wiley and Purifoy. The thing is there hasn't been much talk about it leaving folks in the dark until what WE!!! posted.

Looking at the team as is, they looked pretty good but with Wiley they would be great.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #39 on: December 11, 2017, 12:27:42 PM »

Totally agree with this.  I want Bruce to stay, more than anything.  If he can't turn this program around, we should just give up basketball.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions