Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Teh Gasses

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
Teh Gasses
« on: November 06, 2017, 11:18:28 AM »
Any recommendations on a good gas grill?  Not looking for anything elaborate, just something solid I can cook quickly on.  I've been cooking on the Egg for quite a few years and wouldn't trade it for anything.  Love it.  But it's really not suited for slapping some burgers or chicken on the coals when you want something a little quicker.  I'm thinking about a decent gas grill that I can just hit the button and start cooking.  Is anyone gassy?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Re: Teh Gasses
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2017, 11:52:43 AM »
Any recommendations on a good gas grill?  Not looking for anything elaborate, just something solid I can cook quickly on.  I've been cooking on the Egg for quite a few years and wouldn't trade it for anything.  Love it.  But it's really not suited for slapping some burgers or chicken on the coals when you want something a little quicker.  I'm thinking about a decent gas grill that I can just hit the button and start cooking.  Is anyone gassy?

I'd just order from Dreamland.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2017, 12:25:05 PM »
Gas is for teh gays.

Oh, that’s right, my bad.

I’m a charcoal man. Can’t help you.

If you need it quicker than that, open up vienners.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2017, 01:31:05 PM »
If you only need one for a few things at a time, get a nice tabletop gas grill.
That way you can take it tailgaiting and not pester that Joe guy so much!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2017, 01:38:09 PM »
If you only need one for a few things at a time, get a nice tabletop gas grill.
That way you can take it tailgaiting and not pester that Joe guy so much!
But Joe loves it when people steal his food.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

chinook

« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2017, 01:42:12 PM »
i had a Ducane natural gasser for 10 years.  probably would have lasted a bit longer if i remembered to cover it after each use. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2017, 05:08:29 PM »
I was good on a charcoal grill.  Could do just about anything. 

Got a big gas monstrosity about five years ago and it has ruined me.  I got the burner for pans on one side, four separate heat controls, every whistle they made.  I even converted it from propane to natural gas because it had that option. 

Problem?

I can't cook on it.  I used to grill once or twice a week.  It's dwindled down to just a handful of times a year.  I simply cannot cook on this thing AT ALL.  I burn it or it's dry or it doesn't get done.  Doesn't matter what I put the temp controls on, all four cooking surfaces roar up to peg out the gauge.  The people who used to ask me to grill stopped asking after a couple of Christmas Vacation turkey episodes. 

Stick with coal.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

chinook

« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2017, 06:21:54 PM »

Got a big gas monstrosity about five years ago and it has ruined me.  I got the burner for pans on one side, four separate heat controls, every whistle they made.  I even converted it from propane to natural gas because it had that option. 

Problem?

I can't cook on it.  I used to grill once or twice a week.  It's dwindled down to just a handful of times a year.  I simply cannot cook on this thing AT ALL.  I burn it or it's dry or it doesn't get done.  Doesn't matter what I put the temp controls on, all four cooking surfaces roar up to peg out the gauge.  The people who used to ask me to grill stopped asking after a couple of Christmas Vacation turkey episodes. 

Stick with coal.

I love charcoal...just hate the hassle of waiting. 

I would recommend a wood-pellet grill/bbq unit.  If you got Chopper cash ask Snags to buy you a Yoder or if you got Jumbo cash go with a Green Mountain.  These things perform solid...never dry out meat though getting a sear is impossible. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Yoda

« Reply #8 on: November 13, 2017, 08:05:33 PM »
Weber Spirit is a solid gas grill at a good price.  I use it for exactly what you want it for, when I️ don’t want to take the time to get the egg rolling
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A girl's legs are her best friends, but the best of friends must part.
-- Redd Foxx

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #9 on: November 13, 2017, 10:23:43 PM »
Weber Spirit is a solid gas grill at a good price.  I use it for exactly what you want it for, when I️ don’t want to take the time to get the egg rolling

This man wins the day.  And his avatar makes me moist.  That's what I'm talking about.  For the serious meats etc. the Egg is ideal.  Tonight was the prime example.  Mini and Snagette wanted a burger.  I'm trying to drop a few and got some turkey patties for me.  I started the coals at 6:00 p.m.  Now granted, for them I went double cheese and bacon so there was a little lapse in time to get the bacon done at the right moment.   We ate at 7:30. Clean up and shit took til 8:00.  It's a  bacon-cheeseburger.  No way supper should take two hours.  I want to turn the knobs, hit the button and cook for something like that.   
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #10 on: November 14, 2017, 12:04:28 AM »
. I'm trying to drop a few and got some turkey patties for me. 

You lost me right here.
That is Not why God made turkeys!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

chinook

« Reply #11 on: November 14, 2017, 01:16:28 AM »

You lost me right here.

Tofu?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #12 on: November 14, 2017, 10:14:49 AM »

You lost me right here.
As God as my witness, I thought turkeys could fly.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #13 on: November 14, 2017, 12:52:45 PM »
For you ladies that are looking for the alternative to smoke and coals (which is the intended form of cooking), might I suggest that if you’re in a hurry, try a microwave.

They have them at Wal Mart.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

jmar

« Reply #14 on: January 17, 2018, 03:09:10 PM »

Problem?

Stick with coal.
Fairly sure you need a regulator for natural gas. Although if a certified tech changed you over he should have added it.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions