No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
Re: Scarbinsky's 10 Worst Malzahns.
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2017, 10:36:30 AM »
Let's not give them too many unnecessary clicks.

No. 10: (Oct. 11, 2014) No. 3 Mississippi State 38, No. 2 Auburn 23

Auburn was the victim in perhaps the biggest win in Mississippi State history, which vaulted the Bullies to No. 1 for the first time. Auburn clearly wasn't ready for the Dak Prescott attack and all those cowbells, falling behind 21-0 in the first nine minutes. The Tigers haven't returned to the top two in the polls since.   

auburn jax state 2015.jpg
AL.com photo
No. 9: (Sept. 12, 2015) No. 6 Auburn 27, Jacksonville State 20 (OT)

Technically this wasn't a loss, but it was the most embarrassing victory in Auburn football history. The Tigers needed a touchdown with 31 seconds left simply to force overtime against the 41-point-underdog FCS Gamecocks. Auburn tumbled from No. 6 to No. 18 in the AP poll after this game. The Tigers haven't been ranked as high as No. 6 since. Jax State will forever own the distinction of scoring the first touchdown displayed on Jordan-Hare Stadium's massive new video board.

nick marshall 2014 iron bowl.jpg
AL.com photo
No. 8: (Nov. 29, 2014) No. 1 Alabama 55, No. 15 Auburn 44

Nick Saban beat Malzahn at Malzahn's own high-scoring game. Auburn quarterback Nick Marshall threw for a school-record 456 yards. The Auburn offense hung a record 630 total yards on an Alabama defense. The Tigers still lost by 11. It remains the most points the Auburn program has scored in a loss in regulation. It was the last time the Tigers had a prayer in the Iron Bowl.

No. 7: (Sept. 3, 2016) No. 2 Clemson 19, Auburn 13

This one has to be the most inexplicable game plan of the Malzahn era. The Tigers gained 38 yards in the first half as five different Auburn players took snaps and three different QBs threw passes. Despite all the head-scratching tomfoolery, Auburn still had two shots at a Hail Mary at the end to win the game against a Clemson team that would go on to win the national title.

No. 6: (Sept. 9, 2017) No. 3 Clemson 14, No. 13 Auburn 6

This was the worst offensive performance of the Malzahn era in terms of yards and points despite a new quarterback in Jarrett Stidham and a new offensive coordinator in Chip Lindsey. Auburn gained 117 total yards for the game, only 15 of them in the second half, and raised questions about whether Malzahn was meddling in the play-calling after vowing to retire his clipboard. The Tigers wasted a great defensive effort and a chance to upset the reigning national champs.

AL.com photo
No. 5: (Nov. 15, 2014) No. 16 Georgia 34, No. 9 Auburn 7

This is the worst loss by margin of the Malzahn era. Auburn scored on its first drive, then laid an egg the rest of the way. It was the fewest points scored by a Malzahn team in his first 49 games as the Auburn head coach. This defeat ended any last hope of repeating as SEC champions.

No. 4: (Nov. 12, 2016) Georgia 13, No. 9 Auburn 7

The Tigers scored on their second drive and didn't dent the scoreboard again with running back Kam Pettway out and quarterback Sean White hurt. After winning six straight games, Auburn blew a chance to make the Iron Bowl the SEC West title game. The Tigers haven't been ranked this high since this game.
AP photo
No. 3: (Oct. 14, 2017) LSU 27, No. 10 Auburn 23

The Tigers lost after leading 20-0, the biggest collapse of the Malzahn era. They lost a prime chance to move up in the polls with three higher-ranked teams getting upset on the same weekend. Auburn let the program's Death Valley losing streak extend to nine games. The offense gained just 6 passing yards and 54 total yards in the second half as the Tigers were shut out after halftime. They actually made LSU coach Ed Orgeron look good.

AP photo
No. 2: (Nov. 8, 2014) Texas A&M 41, No. 3 Auburn 38

The Tigers were still in the playoff hunt despite losing a month earlier to Mississippi State. They lost this game as a 23-point favorite to a true freshman QB in his second career start. It looked like football karma when the Auburn offense fumbled the ball away twice late in the fourth quarter with a chance to win. The program hasn't been ranked as high since. You could argue it hasn't been the same since.

No. 1: (Jan. 6, 2014) No. 1 Florida State 34, No. 2 Auburn 31

The Tigers, after winning a Malzahn era-high of nine straight games and the SEC title, blew a 21-3 lead in the BCS Championship Game. They retook the lead with a minute and change left but let Heisman winner Jameis Winston drive the Seminoles to the winning touchdown. It doesn't get worse than having a crystal football ripped out of your hands with 13 seconds left in the championship game.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2017, 11:02:25 AM »
Malzahn has taken a number 2 on my heart
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

bgreene

« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2017, 11:35:49 AM »
Malzahn has taken a number 2 on my heart

He has taken one on Auburn period.  Auburn has become the team that wins SOME games they shouldn't, and shits the bed on games they should win.  We are that team!

Is it not bad enough that we have to put up with the gumps and their walking all over everyone, but we aren't even middle of the pack with the rest of the country.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Men are made stronger on the realization that the helping hand they need is at the end of their own arm."

-Sidney Phillips

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2017, 11:55:23 AM »
He has taken one on Auburn period.  Auburn has become the team that wins SOME games they shouldn't, and shits the bed on games they should win.  We are that team!
Here's my problem I don't see that.  What games have we won that we shouldn't?  Name the last one? Alabama 2013?...maybe? I wouldn't say we were supposed to lose that game.

BTW something missing from this list is the prayer in Jordan Hare yes I know not a loss, but another game where we were leading that we probably should have lost we were up 27-10 at halftime of that game. Hell it was 37-17 with 10 mins left.  Folks forget that. 

This shit has been going on with Malzahn from the beginning most AU fans have just been ignoring it or blaming our talent.  It ain't our fucking talent
« Last Edit: October 18, 2017, 12:01:00 PM by Godfather »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2017, 12:00:13 PM »
This is from teh ebay's about the UGA game:
While the Bulldogs had scored on three consecutive drives, Auburn failed to earn a single first down in the entire fourth quarter until one minute remained on the clock. After the ensuing kickoff, Georgia leading by 1, Auburn's offense took over at the 22-yard line having notched a mere three points in their previous four drives. Their stagnant offense had not found the end zone in over 23 minutes of play and had only crossed the 50-yard line once since their opening drive of the second half.

Sound familiar?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2017, 12:12:56 PM »
I don not appreciate Scrud bringing this up.

After reading every one of those, I got the same sick feeling inside that I got while watching those games.

NOT COOL! 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

jmar

« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2017, 12:31:14 PM »
I like it that Scarbinsky won't let it go.
He legitimately wants Auburn to STAND UP!

He might go off the rails sometimes with the minor trivial stuff like someone in the program using foul language or recall details from some ugly past maneuverings by the PWB but he is ethical, reports facts, makes you think and seldom over-embellishes. And he's the most consistent in-state writer since Paul Bryant retired.

Auburn has to do something head first or ass-end first.

Trouble is we, and even to some degree Leath/power base do not know how long is too long to retain Jay Jacobs. It would certainly look suspicious and could make the entire athletic department more vulnerable to inquiry to just fire him. Reduced to special assistant to the president? Maybe. Surely Leath would gain the true facts from the law firm but I'm just kicking around a way to pacify an employee rather than a former employee with a possible axe to grind. We could always honor Jughead with a parade on Valentines Day.

Bottom line:
We don't know what J.J. knows and we don't know how he might react knowing his time is short.
I realize he needs to go, I'm right there with you. But let's hope the PTB are preparing for what could possibly be worse than just Person's lone transgressions as the Assistant Head Basketball Coach.

Either way I only know that Malzahn should already be gone.

Yes I saw an article which questioned why Auburn fans are in an uproar when its winning percentage is about on par for what should be expected.
Nevertheless, we should never accept mediocrity. And that's what we are getting. Just my thoughts.

« Last Edit: October 18, 2017, 12:33:16 PM by jmar »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

chinook

« Reply #8 on: October 18, 2017, 12:35:13 PM »
Here's my problem I don't see that.  What games have we won that we shouldn't?  Name the last one? Alabama 2013?...maybe? I wouldn't say we were supposed to lose that game.

BTW something missing from this list is the prayer in Jordan Hare yes I know not a loss, but another game where we were leading that we probably should have lost we were up 27-10 at halftime of that game. Hell it was 37-17 with 10 mins left.  Folks forget that. 

This shit has been going on with Malzahn from the beginning most AU fans have just been ignoring it or blaming our talent.  It ain't our fucking talent

agreed. 

putting on the brakes, getting conservative after a big lead...is it really that?  or how much is it an opponent making the right adjustments.     combination? 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #9 on: October 18, 2017, 12:57:50 PM »
Yes I saw an article which questioned why Auburn fans are in an uproar when its winning percentage is about on par for what should be expected.
Nevertheless, we should never accept mediocrity. And that's what we are getting. Just my thoughts.

Here's the thing that the media and talking heads bring up.  That we are getting ahead of ourselves, maybe we aren't championship caliber yet. Gus is a good coach yadda yadda.

What they are missing....what they are all missing.  It's not about the wins and losses.  It isn't even about not being in the National Championship game.  I have said all along I don't expect to be like bammer, their run is incredible. 

The problem I have with Gus has everything to do with how we continue to look.  We continue to make the same mistakes over and over.  Nothing has changed.  He makes no changes.  We lose a game here or there, I get it shit happens the ball bounces, but to continue to lose games the same way.  To continue to win games but look inept doing it.  In year 5...in essentially what is really year 9.  I'm done with him.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

bgreene

« Reply #10 on: October 18, 2017, 01:19:21 PM »

I should have made myself clear.  What I meant was the outside world looks at us like we nothing more than a flash in the pan.  We aren't a threat to win week in and week out.  It's painfully obvious that the entire football world knows that all they have to do is make some adjustments at half and they have a shot at winning.  I agree with everything you have to say.  Gus has been a one trick pony since day one.  We haven't gotten better, we are exactly where we've been every year with him.  That's the bad part of being an AU fan with him at the head of the table.  We look like shit, we look good, we look like shit again.  Somebody stop this madness!!!

Oh and by the way, this is 1000 for me.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2017, 01:26:46 PM by bgreene »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Men are made stronger on the realization that the helping hand they need is at the end of their own arm."

-Sidney Phillips

dallaswareagle

• Standing on holy ground.
« Reply #11 on: October 18, 2017, 01:34:54 PM »
I hate to say this way but if it will hasten his departure I hope we get up on the hogs about 24-7 and lose 30-27. I don't ever, ever want Auburn to lose but under CGM it is what I have come to expect. Make Garner the interim coach, let the OC and DC run their parts of the program and reevaluate everything after the B-ham bowl. Maybe JJ will be gone by then. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #12 on: October 18, 2017, 01:37:35 PM »
I should have made myself clear.  What I meant was the outside world looks at us like we nothing more than a flash in the pan.  We aren't a threat to win week in and week out.  It's painfully obvious that the entire football world knows that all they have to do is make some adjustments at half and they have a shot at winning.  I agree with everything you have to say.  Gus has been a one trick pony since day one.  We haven't gotten better, we are exactly where we've been every year with him.  That's the bad part of being an AU fan with him at the head of the table.  We look like shit, we look good, we look like shit again.  Somebody stop this madness!!!

Oh and by the way, this is 1000 for me.
One thing that we must give Gus some credit for I believe is recruiting. We've always had good players but I think he brought it up a notch. And, he finally seemed to get the rest got guy over defense. I guess. Giving up 20 in the second half was a lot to do with offense and special teams.

Point is, I truly believe Gus was close to the winning formula. If he could've simply swallowed some pride and let Lindsay work, it may have worked this year.

In other words, he was close. He was more than a one trick pony I believe. But no cigar.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

jmar

« Reply #13 on: October 18, 2017, 02:05:02 PM »
One thing that we must give Gus some credit for I believe is recruiting. We've always had good players but I think he brought it up a notch. And, he finally seemed to get the rest got guy over defense. I guess. Giving up 20 in the second half was a lot to do with offense and special teams.

Point is, I truly believe Gus was close to the winning formula. If he could've simply swallowed some pride and let Lindsay work, it may have worked this year.

In other words, he was close. He was more than a one trick pony I believe. But no cigar.
HE HAD HIS CHANCE TO STEP AWAY.
Auburn can recruit with or without him. I believe that.
And I maintain that Dabo and Gus started out on virtually the same level playing field.
Clemson can recruit as well or better than Auburn AND Dabo gets the fuck out of the way AND they make adjustments as needed.

Nevermind the "Clemsoning" or having his starting QB put out of the game against what is perceived to be a lowly Syracuse at the Carrier Dome.

We aren't Auburning, we are Malzahning every season this hardheaded, meglomaniac has control of the team. He wastes talent. We see a flash by a playmaker and we seldom see them again.
Instead he bares down on a running back and makes our offensive line less effective as the game goes on.
We are better than this OR we could be so much more take your pick.

But, like Pavlov's dog he never fails.
Jesus Christ somebody make it stop!

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #14 on: October 18, 2017, 02:11:04 PM »
HE HAD HIS CHANCE TO STEP AWAY.
Auburn can recruit with or without him. I believe that.
And I maintain that Dabo and Gus started out on virtually the same level playing field.
Clemson can recruit as well or better than Auburn AND Dabo gets the fuck out of the way AND they make adjustments as needed.

Nevermind the "Clemsoning" or having his starting QB put out of the game against what is perceived to be a lowly Syracuse at the Carrier Dome.

We aren't Auburning, we are Malzahning every season this hardheaded, meglomaniac has control of the team. He wastes talent. We see a flash by a playmaker and we seldom see them again.
Instead he bares down on a running back and makes our offensive line less effective as the game goes on.
We are better than this OR we could be so much more take your pick.

But, like Pavlov's dog he never fails.
Jesus Christ somebody make it stop!

I'm not sure whether you are disagreeing with me or not. But, just to be clear, you should know this if you don't already.

My hands and feet make that swishing sound just like you hear in Kung fu movies. Whether I am sparring, shadow boxing or in an altercation.

Be aware.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

jmar

« Reply #15 on: October 18, 2017, 02:22:44 PM »
I'm not sure whether you are disagreeing with me or not. But, just to be clear, you should know this if you don't already.

My hands and feet make that swishing sound just like you hear in Kung fu movies. Whether I am sparring, shadow boxing or in an altercation.

Be aware.
And I will bleed all over you, you sumbitch.
Huh! What you gonna do then?

You just seem to want to leave yourself an out in your manner of "reasoning," as if you aren't convinced. That's the tone I get but I am after all an old fucker, hearing impaired with some tinnitus. But it doesn't affect my reading even though I've always dealt with dyslexia.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #16 on: October 18, 2017, 02:29:14 PM »
This is from teh ebay's about the UGA game:
Sound familiar?

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #17 on: October 18, 2017, 02:42:12 PM »
Here's what I see and why he has to go. 

Since 2010, and despite the fucking we get from the state media, nationally we get the benefit of the doubt year after year. 

At some point in every season since that damned kicking mule has been head coach, Auburn has been ranked in the Top Ten.  We've been as high as second.  We get a relatively advantageous ranking at the beginning of every season based almost entirely on "hopes and expectation."  As in "Jeremy Kiehl Jason Johnson Frazier Stidham is Heisman quality" and "We won't lose a step with Barrett Clint Trotter Moseley" 

Granted, we almost always shit all over the bed when ranked in the Top Ten under Gus.  But the pollsters are willing to put us there. 

He's a fucktard because he cannot keep us there.  We haven't finished in the Top 25 since we snuck in at 23rd in 2014 -- a season where we were on the verge of making the playoffs. 

Fuck Gus. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

The Six

• Leaning on a broken fence b/t past & present tense
    • My Linktree
« Reply #18 on: October 18, 2017, 02:51:04 PM »
I don not appreciate Scrud bringing this up.

After reading every one of those, I got the same sick feeling inside that I got while watching those games.

NOT COOL!

Talk about your feelings. Were you triggered? Did the Scarbinsky article touch you? Show me on the Aubie doll where it touched you? How often did it touch you? Did you like it? Do you like touching yourself there?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I'm sick of following my dreams...I'm just going to ask them where they are going and hook up with 'em later." - Mitch Hedberg

jmar

« Reply #19 on: October 18, 2017, 02:57:41 PM »
Talk about your feelings. Were you triggered? Did the Scarbinsky article touch you? Show me on the Aubie doll where it touched you? How often did it touch you? Did you like it? Do you like touching yourself there?
I thought you were pre-law.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions